“The New Wildhorse Race Park”
Review of Firebird International Raceway - CLOSED

Firebird International Raceway
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Spent the weekend at this race park for the NHRA Winter Nationals - the facility was clean, and very capable of handling such a huge event. Had tickets to the P3 Section, row B 10-11 and they were just like being down on the track - no interferences, great access to the pits. They brought in tons of porta pottys which were a life saver. Went back on the following Tues & Wed for Frank Hawley's racing school and the crew from Wildhorse had things well under control preparing for the next upcoming event (Div. drag racing). The track was sticky and perfect - great place to race.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

this site is around the corner from my home and I have not seen anything posted in 2014. I have no idea of what may be happening there.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

new operator is doing a lot to improve this place for drag racing, starting with the track itself... I'm sure it'll be even more enhanced for those of us in suites and media center come the 2015 event - very pleased with upgrades!

1  Thank Anne P
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was staying at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass last spring. On Saturday night March 30th, as I was coming back to the resort, there was a massive traffic jam on I-10 and on the ramp leading to it. It seemed all the cars were fighting to get into Firebird. Later that night there was a great fireworks show over the track. I found out on the local news that night that Firebird was going out of business and this was their grand finale event. So as far as I know this place is closed and there are no more drag races, car races or boat races. I am not sure if there will be new owner or if the facility will be redeveloped as something else in conjunction with Wild Horse Pass. I imagine a lot of locals were saddened and may be able to share more information.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great phoenix gem for NASCAR. Food is fair but very expensive and souvenirs costly . But well its NASCAR venue.

Track is in a awesome setting and grounds are fun and good.

they must really improve on handicap access to all seat levels

took a friend and had no shuttle for wheel chair folks , no assistance. we had to carry our friend up flights of stairs.

if you go for NASCAR arrive 3 hours before the event to avoid long lines and walk time to the stadium. traffic can be awful and they don't allow drop offs even with handicap sticker .

but worth the trip track is cool...

1  Thank k123-foodie