“Good Food and fun atmoshere”

Sandbar Mexican Grill
Ranked #129 of 657 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good Food and fun atmoshere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Sandbar has a large outdoor bar and eating area as well as indoor seating. Nice decor and he food is really delicious. They have different drink specials every night and the prices are reasonable.

Visited October 2012

Tucson, Arizona
“Great food and fast service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Upon arriving this place looks like a college bar. That's only the case if you sit outside. If you want a more calmer dining experience sit inside. The food is great and the service is fast.

• Visited October 2012
Chandler, Arizona
“Sports bar for 20/30 somethings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

We went there due to my wife's purchase of a $20 Groupon. This is in our neighborhood. Passed the place several times & it looked like it could be fun. As soon as I walked in I pre judged it as a sports bar/meet market. Very attentive service by the wait staff who all just happened to be about the same age (20's) and gender (female). All were dressed in skin tight low cut jeans with tight low cut sleeveless t shirts. I'm a guy till I die..what can I say? I noticed, so sue me! Any way....food & drinks: Started with a margarita for my wife, which tasted pretty good, not exceptional but good. I ordered a Guinness which was poured incorrectly therefore shorting me on my beer by about 20%: bartender needs further training. At $7 for a draught beer this IS an issue..We ordered veggie tacos ($12 for three) and veggie fajitas ($12). They tasted great! But $4 for a taco??? The fajitas were great, too. Also way overpriced for what you got: mainly peppers and onion with a few little slivers of portabella thrown in. Also, with a 12 dollar entree you'd expect beans & rice. This was $2 extra, and they didn't taste like anything special. Way too much excellent Mexican food in this town that beats this place and for a better price. So, it's a sports bar with a unique atmosphere & overpriced food. I'd say if you're the right age group & like noisy sports bars, go & have some drinks & decide for yourself. Enjoy!

• Visited November 2012
Armstrong, Canada
“Fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Really great sports bar, loads of tv's, great pub food, good service. Lots of specials, easy location. Tons of room!

Visited November 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Like going on a vacation in the tropics”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stumbled upon this place one lazy Saturday afternoon, the very day that patrons and employees at the outdoor bar were issued squirt guns with orders to shoot at will. The place is clearly designed for twenty and thirty-somethings and I can imagine it absolutely packed on a weekend night when this old couple (51 and 60) have sugar plums dancing in our heads. The staff are all adorable; most of the women are about 5 feet tall and 90 pounds. There's a "beach" and a wading pool outside and all sorts of cabana-like structures. The interior is industrial chic, concrete, metal, bright colors, giant beach mural -- funky in a word. But we feel absolutely at home and the food is awesome and ridiculously cheap. The house margarita is $4 or $5 depending on the day and time. The designers did a great job of recreating a tropical beach-side bar in the middle of the dessert. In fact, we've been back twice, once bringing our ten-year old niece who immediately declared that when she's old enough to work she wants to work here. I had the turkey burger (OMG!) on my first two visits and tried beef fajitas on the third; excellente. My husband, who is more adventuresome, loved each of the three entrees he ordered. Go on a cheap vacation and try it.

• Visited August 2012