“One of the worse accommodations I've stayed in in many years”
Review of Motel 6 Chandler

Motel 6 Chandler
Ranked #27 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
Bonney Lake, Washington
“One of the worse accommodations I've stayed in in many years”
Reviewed April 15, 2006

My husband & I arrived in Chandler, AZ planning on spending one night in a hotel/motel. The exit we took off the freeway was on the recommendation of friends. They said there were several hotel/motels in the area. We arrived at a bad time as there were many activities going on in the Phoenix area so after checking out 4 hotel/motels & finding no one had a vacancy we came upon the Southgate Motel. Don't let the appearance of the outside of the office area fool you. It's quite impressive, but that's all that was impressive. We were told that it was undergoing some remodeling so therefore, they were discounting rates. The total charge which, of course, included taxes for the one night for 2 people was $100.45. I can't believe that was a discounted rate - not for this place. I feel I paid $100.45 too much! It was most apparent they had been working in the room we were in so I can forgive there being no baseboards, but there was debris all over the carpeting. They could have at least vacuumed it. The fire alarm had been disconnected & was just laying in the room. We reported that & someone did come & hook it up. The sheets & the pillow cases on the beds did not match & were stained. When we got ready to retire for the night we discovered there wasn't any dead bolt or night chain on the door. Anyone could have broke in. We pushed a small table up against the door & put some of our luggage on top of it. Believe me, when I say the room we had in no way resembled the picture you show on this web site. During the month that we were traveling we stayed a total of 12 nights in hotel/motels & this was by far not only the worse one, but it was more expensive than many others that were very nice. I really believe Southgate Motel should have been paying us to stay there rather than the other way around. I would not recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2006
2 Thank Tapps Lady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 15, 2005

I just wanted people to know that after finding the local phone number to the motel and calling it this morning , I asked the person who answered the phone is this the number were I would make a reservation? What he said confused me for a second, "Well we really are not taking any reservations because the new owner is doing remodeling" I said what about making reservations using the internet because just before calling them direct I was ready to confirm reservations for Nov 18 thru Nov.20 2005. I asked him what do think I should do and he said"call back around the 15th of november to see if they have any room ready at that time". My question is what would have happened if I would have used the internet and knew nothing of this remodeling? Like I said I hope I can help someone else thinking about staying at the Southgate Motel this month or next.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 17, 2004

Had an unexpected stop (10/10) at Chandler, Arizona. We came upon Southgate Motel. Southgate was more than we expected. It's in a great location off I-10, restaurants and stores near by. The staff was very helpful and pleasant (Frank's the "Man"). The only down falls are that the walls are thin (you can hear the TV from the next room), and that the AC was loud (but definitely kept you cool). Overall I would stay and recommond this budgeted motel.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travelers also viewed these Chandler hotels
Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler
Comfort Inn - Chandler / Phoenix South
Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler
Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler
Hampton Inn Phoenix/Chandler
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#23 of 32 in Chandler

Been to Motel 6 Chandler? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Chandler

Property: Motel 6 Chandler
Address: 7445 W Chandler Blvd, Chandler, AZ 85226-3210 (Formerly Southgate Motel)
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Chandler
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #27 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Chandler 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Motel 6 Chandler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Chandler Motel 6