“You get what you pay for”
Review of Motel 6 Chandler

Motel 6 Chandler
Ranked #27 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

This is a very low priced place to stay, unfortunately the quality has dropped dramatically the few times I have stayed. The first time I stayed a few years ago this place was great but the last 2 times within this year the place is turning into a dump. The sink wouldn't drain. The toilet handle had to be turned completely around just to flush and then put back so you don't hear the water running. The a/c heater unit control cover for the dial is not even on its located off, for reference I suppose. The smoke detector didn't even have batteries in it. The quality of the room is just poor overall. Lots of damage throughout. It's a shame because this used to be a nice inexpensive place to stay in chandler

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Jaime951
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Chandler, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Jaime 951,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.We sincerely apologize for the maintenance issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are note consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. We encourage your contact our guest relations department to report your experience so may serve you better in the future: 1-800-557-3435.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed here for one night and have stayed in other Motel 6 locations over the course of many years. This particular Motel 6 location is in need of some serious revisions.

This is understandably one of the older locations that hasn't been renovated yet but it is in dire need of other improvements as well.

I had issues with bed bugs and woke up with an itch on my legs. There was an insect control problem with this motel. The bed linens were old and the comforter had cigarette burns in it- and this was a non-smoking room?

On the good side, this motel is in a very good location. The pool area was decent, the truck parking lot across the street has plenty of room for large vehicles, and there's several great restaurants nearby (Whataburger, Rudy's
Barbecue, and a few others).

A renovation and better insect control would make this motel a much better place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013

Travelers are raving about these Chandler hotels

Durango Colorado
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I am old enough to remember how Motel 6 got its name - originally all the rooms were $6. I think this property must be one of the originals, and if the price were the same as it was then, you would get what you paid for. That might make it cool in a retro kind of way. Instead, it's just tired, worn, and old looking. Everything needs repair or replacement. Plumbing and wiring all loose, grime in the corners, flat pillows, tiny towels, slick bedspreads that slide off onto the dirty carpets during the night. We only stayed here because we had our dog with us and Motel 6 has a free-pet policy. For one night it was barely tolerable. If you had to stay here two nights you could become seriously depressed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chilkoot_Hiker
LAS CRUCES
Reviewed April 9, 2013

On the road and wasn't able to get reviews on this motel before booking a night as we passed through AZ. Not really dirty, just very worn all around -- sheets, towels, screens, etc. There are many motels along that stretch of interstate and it's worth paying a little more. No amenities -- one little bar of soap for the room, no toiletries, no breakfast items.

Room Tip: When possible, get user reviews before booking a night. Look at room before making decision to stay...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank EnchantedTravelers
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went to Arizona to meet my husband who is working out there. Manger is rude. Racist and I will never stay there again!!!! Much better hotels in the area. Small pool which they watch you in. My kids came and the manger watch us the whole time. Maybe he thought we were going to steal the water. So if you black don't waste your time or money. Even tho its 2013 I thought I was back in the south.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank marqueata
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Beautiful boutique type motel on the outside , Rat hole on the inside. Motel 6 should be ashamed of this one. Entry door handle could only be opened in the "up" position" That was strange to me, I should have run away screaming at that point. The maids have no idea how to clean a room or even make a bed. twin size mattress pad on a king bed, queen sheet on the bottom and a king sizes sheet on the top/ Burned, torn and thread bare blanket and the horrible holes in the bedspread. NONE of the electrical outlets could hold a plug, carpets filthy. I don't think the maids care. Chairs were soaked with urine stains. It was clean and beautiful on the outside. I stay at Motel 6 all the time while traveling and what I expect from a motel 6 is a clean room, clean linens that fit the bed, a clean floor and electrical outlet to charge my phone. I don't ask for much, but this was way under standard for a Motel 6. I relocated to the motel 6 in Eloy to get away from this rat trap.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 203, actually, just stay away from this one all together
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Tamara H
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

NONE of the electrical outlets would hold a plug, they were well worn out. The beds had exposed framing and I cut my leg getting in to bed, Carpets were filthy, the mattress pad was a twin size on a King size bed, blankets had severe burns in them and had many holes. I had to switch rooms and the one I was switched to had dirty sheets, I complained that I sprained my wrist trying to open the entry door. When I complained the manager said there was nothing wrong with with the door handle and basically called me a liar.
NEVER AGAIN
I had to call corporate to get an incident report made out for my injury because the manager refused me one 3 times, he said it was not necessary.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business