“If your black don't go racist hotel. Hate the shower head. Manger is not welcoming will never go to again.”
Review of Motel 6 Chandler

Motel 6 Chandler
Ranked #27 of 33 Hotels in Chandler
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went to Arizona to meet my husband who is working out there. Manger is rude. Racist and I will never stay there again!!!! Much better hotels in the area. Small pool which they watch you in. My kids came and the manger watch us the whole time. Maybe he thought we were going to steal the water. So if you black don't waste your time or money. Even tho its 2013 I thought I was back in the south.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank marqueata
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Chandler

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Beautiful boutique type motel on the outside , Rat hole on the inside. Motel 6 should be ashamed of this one. Entry door handle could only be opened in the "up" position" That was strange to me, I should have run away screaming at that point. The maids have no idea how to clean a room or even make a bed. twin size mattress pad on a king bed, queen sheet on the bottom and a king sizes sheet on the top/ Burned, torn and thread bare blanket and the horrible holes in the bedspread. NONE of the electrical outlets could hold a plug, carpets filthy. I don't think the maids care. Chairs were soaked with urine stains. It was clean and beautiful on the outside. I stay at Motel 6 all the time while traveling and what I expect from a motel 6 is a clean room, clean linens that fit the bed, a clean floor and electrical outlet to charge my phone. I don't ask for much, but this was way under standard for a Motel 6. I relocated to the motel 6 in Eloy to get away from this rat trap.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 203, actually, just stay away from this one all together
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Tamara H
Reviewed March 13, 2013

NONE of the electrical outlets would hold a plug, they were well worn out. The beds had exposed framing and I cut my leg getting in to bed, Carpets were filthy, the mattress pad was a twin size on a King size bed, blankets had severe burns in them and had many holes. I had to switch rooms and the one I was switched to had dirty sheets, I complained that I sprained my wrist trying to open the entry door. When I complained the manager said there was nothing wrong with with the door handle and basically called me a liar.
NEVER AGAIN
I had to call corporate to get an incident report made out for my injury because the manager refused me one 3 times, he said it was not necessary.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Carrie T
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Overall not bad for the price. Good location, good beds. 2 Queen beds

Cleanliness - OK, there was a towel left on the floor of the bathroom behind the door. They came quickly to get it and gave us extra towels on request.
Staff - Good, frienldy enough
Rooms - good size, We had 2 queen beds and room enough for a family of 4. The shower/tub combo worked well for us. The tv was an old tube type about 27 inches. There was good selection of channels. There was a small round table with 2 chairs.
Price - Excellent price for the area. Less than half of any other local hotel.
Location - There is a circle k, Dennys, cracker barrel, Whataburger, Rudy's BBQ within walking distance. A very nice mall is about 5 minutes away and a very nice casino also about 5 minutes by car.

Room Tip: Bottom floor so you can park close to your room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This motel was built within the last 5 years according to the Motel 6 website. They've let the inside go! The sheets were coming off the bed because the maid wasn't trained in motel bed making. (I was as I did this as a job once.) First of all the sheets were dingy and old, not big enough to even tuck in all around the mattress (no such thing as fitted sheets here). The blanket was so worn you could see through it in spots and the edges were ripped! The top mattress wasn't even aligned with the boxsprings.
The dresser drawer wouldn't close all the way because the molding was loose and blocked it. Apparently the maid didn't care enough to make sure it even looked good. Old 19" TV.
The shower had the curved curtain rod that was sagging down so as you took a shower the curtain slid away from the walls and water got all over the floor. The shower head had you running around trying to get wet.
The smoke detector was hanging by the wires, not even attached to the wall. Didn't check if it worked.
Used the laundry room. The washers are older than the motel!
The place looks nice and so does the pool. Has a quality look from the outside and let me tell you looks are very deceiving. This place needs so MAJOR TLC. The paint looked fresh and the carpet looked fairly new in the room, but the furniture and bedding was horrible. They really need refurbish the outdated damaged furniture. The bathroom sink was all cracked in the bowl.
This Motel 6 is surrounded by higher class motels that charge quite a bit more for rooms. If they put a little money into it and made it more livable, they would compete with those hotels, because they would get better reviews!
Desk clerk was very nice, but someone doesn't want to take the time or money to keep the place up. Won't be staying here again.
The sad thing is, they do have truck (big rig) parking, but my truck is nicer inside than this room was! 2 stars is the best I can do, because the clerk was nice/helpful and it doesn't look dilapidated on the outside.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank horsebbls
Reviewed March 26, 2012

when whent to chandler for the bugorama 2012,all the hotels were 120 or 150 dlls.the motel 6.it is not fancy or new,but clean decent ,,good beds,,a fridge a microwave,we paid $60 dlls for a 2 beds not bad ,you have a circle K waking distance,in front is a dennys,next to highway I-10
its a bargain,cold ac....i will really recomend this hotel,,good deals and clean,the minibar comes handy when your travel with family,,,,,

Room Tip: ask for a doouble in first floor,,
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Where do I begin to explain the absolute worst place I have ever stayed? While in Chandler for work I booked at this "motel?" I arrived at around 2am and was ignored by man at desk for 20 minutes while he finished talking to his friend, got the key to room and went upstairs opened the door and was surprised at the odor, the light did not work in the restroom, refrigerator was unplugged and defrosted all over the floor, baseboard is coming away from the wall, there was pubic hair in the soap tray of the shower, heard the unnecessary and obvious noises of the couple next door that were beyond over the top kinky, finally forced myself to lay down and fell asleep to awake with the unmistakable rash caused from bed bugs!!!! The worst way to waist your money and be in total uncomfortableness is at this location. Do yourself or your loved ones a favor, go elsewhere or stay in your ride.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo