“#Delicious” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Tempe, Arizona
“#Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

The broth for the pho is just so perfectly rich, it does something to you in the most of amazing ways. The spring rolls are always fresh and I've been telling Jimmy he needs to bottle that peanut sauce for months because it is one of the greatest things I've ever tasted. You can always count on a good meal and good customer service!

• Visited December 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“good food, bad customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

3.5 stars for the food, NO stars for the service

i come here with my boyfriend once if not twice a week and that's not including my take outs. i come here because the owner is really hospitable and the food is good. the service is just okay. right when i sit down the server usually ask me what i want before i even get a chance to look at the menu which is annoying. i have a couple favorite vietnamese restaurants, but i haven't gone to any of them ever since i met the owner here. he is such a nice person so i want to give him my business. if it was just up to the food, i would come back, but not quite as often. see, i don't eat pork (i'm allergic. i can only eat it if it's grounded or mixed with other meats. i know, it's weird) and they lack a menu catering to people like me. other vietnamese restaurants give you an option of grilled beef to substitute for pork, but not here. still, i come back here anyways because i like the owner.

the fact that i come here so much, you would think that by now the owners/workers know i don't eat pork. last week i ordered spring rolls with no pork to go. my boyfriend picked it up because he lives in chandler and i live in phoenix. when i opened the box i saw like this brown meat and at first i thought it could be really burnt shrimps but then i realized it was pork. i didn't even know they served grill pork spring rolls! i was furious because i was starving and i had food in front of me that i couldn't eat. i called pho van to complain and the owner's girlfriend picked up. when i complained about there being pork in my spring rolls she knew exactly who i was and she apologized and said next time i come in just remind her and she will compensate my spring rolls.

a couple days ago i came in with my boyfriend. when we were ready to pay i reminded the owner's girlfriend about my spring rolls and she said that she was told that i ordered grilled pork spring rolls over the phone so it's not their fault that that's not what i wanted. she even called the waitress over that she "think" took my order over the phone and asked her if she remember what i ordered and she kept saying she doesn't remember. so if she doesn't remember then how could she have possibly told the owner's girlfriend that i ordered grill pork spring rolls?.. like i said before, by now i would think that the owner and his girlfriend know i don't eat pork so why in the world would i order grilled pork spring rolls? either they don't pay attention to their customers or they just don't care. when i told the owner's girlfriend i don't eat pork she kept saying she don't know why i would order that but i did. i mean did she think i was trying to get free spring rolls out of this? they're like $5! if i was trying to get free food i would have picked a more expensive dish. honestly, the food there is quite over priced, but if i really didn't want to pay i wouldn't even go there in the first place especially go there as much as i do. i didn't even care if the spring rolls were compensated or not, but she specifically told me that she was going to compensate them and i'm big on people keeping their words. how are you going to run a successful business when you tell your customers one thing and do another? i certainly did not need to stand there and be accused of lying. anyways i had enough of her so my boyfriend handed over his credit card and paid

when we left the restaurant my boyfriend called the owner and told him about the incident. this whole incident had nothing to do with him so i didn't want him to lose our business over his girlfriend's unprofessional actions. to my surprise, he did not stand up for his customer. he said that i don't speak vietnamese well so the waitress probably misunderstood me. i ordered in english. maybe his staff should learn more english? now let's just say that the waitress misunderstood me and put in the wrong order. is it my fault? the owner also go on to say how i am a difficult person to serve because i am so picky and i always complain about the food. now let me ask you, aren't vegetarians the same way? don't they have to make substitution to their food to ensure that there is no meat? if you were a vegetarian and you found a piece of meat in your food, aren't you going to complain? ok, i don't eat pork so i'm going to substitute my food to ensure there is no pork and i'm going to complain if i find pork in my food. i think they just created a vegetarian menu so they can accommodate vegetarians which is great, but I'M seen as being too difficult to serve? hmm...

anyways my boyfriend and i decided that we are not coming back here.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Probably best in Phoenix”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is probably the best Vietnamese in Phoenix. It serves the usual Vietnamese fare but the taste is good and very consistent. My usual is either Pho with tripe and beef or the seafood noodle soup with glass noodles. I think they took the latter out of the menu and you have to ask for it. We had the egg roll once and they were good. The restaurant is very clean and the salt water aquarium is very well kept and fun to watch with the corals and fishes. Service is always good and fast. It is in a good location if you do grocery shopping for Asian food. It is next to the Lee Lee's market and a Dim Sum restaurant that is also probably the best in Phoenix.

• Visited August 2013
arizona
“Must have spring rolls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

the food here is so fresh. Jimmy has really put together an excellent menu of Vietnamese cuisine. Excellent, personalized service. And cool jelly fish in the aquarium.

• Visited August 2013
Tombstone, Arizona, United States
“Great Pho and Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

The Pho is most important and is the best I have had in Arizona!

The staff was all very friendly and happy! The one guy thought I was Ryan Gossling, which was funny...

Get the #9 Pho with brisket and you will leave happy, just ask for some saute sauce on the side and put a spoon full in.... YUMMY!

• Visited April 2013