“Good food, but service challenges”
Review of DC Steakhouse

DC Steakhouse
Ranked #14 of 665 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Chandler, Arizona
“Good food, but service challenges”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Went to DC Steak House for dinner with my family on a Sunday night. This place was packed! I am glad that I had a reservation as people were being turned away. Getting seated was a bit of an issue. Two parties that came in after us were seated before us. I had to speak to the hostess to ensure we got seated. The food was great we all enjoyed our meals. What I did not enjoy was a lot of additional charges. I did not find out the "small charge" until the bill arrived and no substitutions are allowed. So if you do not want a potato you have to pay extra for a vegetable. Even though they are the same price on the menu These extra charges increased my daughters meal almost 50% and this is not acceptable.

The food was good but the service issues may prevent me from returning.

• Visited October 2013

Ahwatukee, Arizona, United States
“Dining Delight in Downtown Chandler”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and I eat out several nights per week. We both have favorite restaurants that the other one often does not like, but when either of us mentions DC Steakhouse in downtown Chandler, it is always a unanimous you bet! We really enjoy dining here and the LaPlant family, formerly from Wisconsin, who own and operate DC Steakhouse, are restaurateurs that make sure that their customers are well taken care of. It is a dining event to which we look forward to enjoying.

Upon entering the restaurant one is warmly greeted by the host or hostess on duty. Reservations have become essential as more and more people discover this place. The atmosphere is lively in sort of an Art Deco design of an earlier period, with tall ceilings and nicely appointed tables.

We begin our evening with very well mixed martinis. You hear them being shaken at the bar knowing that the delivery will be ice cold. As we pretend to study the menu; I say pretend because we know it by heart and we simply know ahead of time what entrée we will enjoy. They offer an excellent selection of meats (beef, pork, and lamb), chicken, and fish. I tend to stay with the filet mignon except when we are there on the weekend, because then it is prime rib night, always served rare the way it should be eaten. My wife continues to wave about the fish. This is not a place to come and order a boring Salmon when there is a vast selection of other fish. She tends to go with the lobster tail, crab legs, baked cod or more recently their Cajun Rockfish all which are consistently properly prepared.

The entrees come with salad and choice of potato. While I do enjoy their salad, I remain a fan of Caesar salads and hope eventually that they will offer the perfect Caesar. When a restaurant can do that, then they are simply golden. A few months ago they changed their French fries to an incredible shoestring potato. Actually they did this about the same time that Fleming’s dropped what had been the best shoestring potato in the Valley. Now that honor passes to DC Steakhouse. The steaks also include sautéed mushrooms, although we order an additional quantity because they are that good.

We tend not to do the appetizers or the deserts because there simply is more than enough enjoyable eating with the entrees. The wine selection is very good and I enjoy the selection of Malbec while my wife is happy with the Chardonnay selection.

The service is professional and very very good. The owners do well in selecting and training the staff, who seem to enjoy working in this environment. It is a great restaurant and time for me to telephone them with my next reservation!

• Visited October 2013
Rochester, Mi
“Wonderful Steak and atmosphere”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Had dinner here last week while visiting the area. Lovely little place in downtown Chandler. It gets busy (even in September) so I recommend reservations. Hubby had the bone in rib eye which he loved and I had the filet which was 1 of the best I've had in a long time, both were perfectly done. The salads were a nice size and my baked potatoe was awesome (I hate when they are overdone or soggy...this was perfect). We had martini's which were very good and a generous size. Good selection of desserts (several made in house), had the key lime which wasn't that great (not enough tart). Overall I will definitely go back next time we are in town

• Visited September 2013
“Boring menu at an average steakhouse”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

DC steakhouse doesn't live up to its potential. I have been to DC steakhouse 4 times and the menu is always the same. It would be great if they mixed it up and offered new preparations or nightly specials. The place is cute, location convenient but the menu is stale.

• Visited August 2013
talihina
“Great steak and location”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Had a great tasting steak and service was spot on. I had vegetables and hash browns with cheese and onion, I was pleased with vegetables but hash browns were a disappointment.
All in All this is a classy place Enjoy.

• Visited August 2013