New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of DC Steakhouse

DC Steakhouse
Ranked #19 of 636 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
talihina
“Great steak and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Had a great tasting steak and service was spot on. I had vegetables and hash browns with cheese and onion, I was pleased with vegetables but hash browns were a disappointment.
All in All this is a classy place Enjoy.

Saint Charles, Missouri
“Impressed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Took customers on a Thurs nite and had a great meal. DCs has a pretty varied menu with steak, chicken, pork chops, salads, and seafood, so plenty to choose from. The Calamari appetizer was avg, the BBQ wings were good as well as the cheese curds. Had the 9oz filet mignon which was perfectly cooked, was extremely tender and tasted great! I mean really good. The others in my party said their steaks were great as well. Too stuffed to have dessert, although we saw trays pass us and they looked appetizing. The downside of the meal was the service. Our waiter was not attentive at all and our meal stretched out to over two hours. I'd semi accept that if they had a full house, but they didn't. The slow service was evident to everyone in my party, even my customers, so it was awkward. I would definitely return for the food.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank barkwood66
Florence, Italy
“Busy local steakhouse, good food, good service, reservations suggested.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Dinner for two was great. Our server Joe was attentive and helpful without hovering. Had filet with great fries, key lime pie, warm brownies and ice cream. Definite go back. Would tell you our favorite table but you might be using it when we return.

1 Thank Arizonapopi1
Chandler, Arizona
“Nice Anniversary Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I have been here a couple of times. I really enjoy it because they offer prime rib and that's my favorite. The last time we purchased a Groupon and went for our anniversary. It's usually busy and best to make a reservation. The service is excellent! The food is pretty good, just your standard steak, fish, chicken, etc. Some of the food is a little more "bar happy hour" style. The mozzarella sticks are nothing special but you get enough for a meal! The salads are always fresh! The main courses are very good.

• Visited March 2013
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Great Independent Steakhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to me by the staff at the excellent Hilton in Chandler.

I arrived during happy hour (Sun-Thu between 5:00 PM and 7:00 PM), so there were some drink and appetizer specials available.

Unfortunately, non of the appetizer specials fit my diet, so I ordered the Cold Crab Cocktail ($13), which was excellent--plenty crab meat seasoned with a remoulade that had a slight hit of spiciness to it but did not overpower the crab flavor. I enjoyed a glass of Line 39 Sauvignon Blanc with the crab. It was a good value at $5 per glass (this may have been a happy hour price) and worked nicely with the crab.

After the crab appetizer, I enjoyed the salad that came with my main course. I was informed that the house dressing was a parmesan peppercorn, so that's what I had. The salad was very good. There was nothing particularly remarkable about it, but it was a perfecty good salad.

For my main course, I had a 14 oz. ribeye steak ($28, which was served with sautéed mushrooms and a choice of potato (plus the salad). I was disappointed that I could not substitute the potato for a vegetable (I can't eat potatoes due to dietary restrictions). I ordered a large portion of sautéed spinach as a side, which cost $5.

The steak was high quality with great flavor and excellent marbling. It was served rare as ordered. The mushrooms and spinach were both very good. I enjoyed a glass of Argentine Trapiche Malbec ($7), which was not particularly complex but stood up nicely to the richness of the steak.

The service was excellent. Mandy, the bartender, was very friendly and helpful. She offered my samples of wines to try before I bought them. She also reassured me that I didn't need to worry about the "dust storm alert" that appeared on my phone (I'm from Pennsylvania and had never received a dust storm alert).

The ambience of the restaurant is pleasant. Other patrons were friendly and enjoying themselves. The bathrooms were clean and modern.

My only complaint is that you can't have a green vegetable as a side with a steak. Steakhouses are a refuge for people like myself who are on low carb diets. Potatoes and other starches are off limits to us. I shouldn't have to pay extra to have a side dish that I can actually eat. Most steakhouses either offer a green vegetable of some sort as an option, or all of the sides are à la carte anyway.

Less of a criticism and more of a suggestion: The same low carb dieters are unable to eat dessert. A cheese plate as a dessert option would be great (and would add some sophistication as well).

Despite the minor complaint, I really had a great meal here. The prices were very reasonable for the quality. I would definitely eat here again on my next visit to Chandler.

• Visited July 2013