“Local barbeque”

Vernon, Connecticut, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Local barbeque”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The food was excellent. Pulled pork was recommended. There was something about the corn bread. I asked for the recipe but he wouldn't give it to me. It is a local restaurant not a chain. Sit down dining is limited. The food is served in baskets. The meat fell off the bones.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Melvin B

Chandler, Arizona
“Great Brisket, Pulled pork and Service”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Venue is in right angle of shopping center strip mall. Has outside mist cooled seating. We were very pleasantly greeted by the owner and placed orders (at the counter) for two orders of pulled pork and my order of beef brisket. My spouse and I brought a friend along and my sides were the sweet potato fries and grilled vegetables. The half pound servings of meat were perfect and the sides were very good. My wife had to take part of her serving home, but I confess that I gobbled up mine. The oders were brought to the table and there was no room for dessert. Bottled beer is also available, but I went with the excellent sweet tea, which was true southern style, but I had to dilute 50/50 with regular tea to cut some sweetness. We would recommend this place for both sit down and takeout. You will not be disappointed. It is several notches above chain restaurant quality. It is local business that deserves to thrive,

• Visited July 2012
Arizona
“Love it... friendly and visible owner”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We live down the street and we have been here several times. We love the food. The owner is always present and very friendly. Great fresh cookies! Great barbecue. You can't go wrong.

• Visited August 2011
Chandler, Arizona
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The BBQ sandwiches are great! I always have The Pig which is BBQ brisket sandwich with sweet potatoes. It is really good and comes with corn bread. Very tasty

• Visited February 2012
Michigan City, Indiana
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Great little find. My husband I just arrived to Az and was looking for lunch on our way to our hotel. We find Chandler BBQ when we stopped. I had the pulled pork and my husband had beef brisket. Both meats were tender and the sauce was awesome. We also tried cole slaw we both loved, sweet potato fries, beans and the greens. all were very good, but by far the cole slaw was our favorite. We enjoyed it so much we went back and got a to go order one night for dinner. The restraunt was nothing fancy but great tasting food, which the important part!! Yum!! Will return again next time we are in town.

• Visited February 2012