“Uninspired Mexican”

Serrano's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 685 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Four of us were looking for an "authentic" Mexican restaurant in the Chandler area. We read the reviews and decided on Serrano's. We arrived to a very busy place, with a 20 minute wait. We decided to wait for a table. The wait was about 20 which was fine. Once seated chips and salsa were delivered to our table-good chips, warm and not salty, salsa was on the mild side but tasty-if you like cilantro. Menu was extensive. Service was prompt, friendly and attentive. We ordered different mains. Perhaps we were expecting too much, because we all felt the food was average, and lacked any inspiration from the kitchen. It was somewhat plain, and although didn't taste bad at all, were generous portions, it was lacking "something". We had to ask for hot sauce to add a bit of "something". I was somewhat disappointed. I guess we should have gone into Mesa, as I've heard there are some great Mexican places there.

1  Thank Brian50Edmonton

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We had a late lunch at Serrano and it was very good. The Chilie reallanos that my friend had were very good and I had the spinch enchilados and they were good. The service was good and there is a lot of food.....I could not even finish all of mine. Margaritas were great!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I am not into Mexican food,however my companion is,and he enjoyed his food,whereas I played it safe and has two chicken tacos,which I would order again because they were fresh and hot!
plenty of salsa and chips a pitcher of water on the table for you.The menu had plenty of choices,and we were not hurried to make a decision.The restaurant was moderately busy for a Saturday afternoon,and the staff extra accommodating.what I liked was that most of the tables were spread out inside so you were not sitting on top of someone,and crowded.With all the choices of restaurants in the area,I frankly would move on---unless you have to have good Mexican food and a great Margarita.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Great mexican food served here! Homemade chips are plentiful and everyone enjoyed their meal. Decor was ok but the food will bring us back.

Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

This is in downtown Chandler in what appears to be an original location for this LEGEND. The food was outstanding, exceptional really! I had the Sonoran-Style Enchiladas, which are hard to find outside of Arizona, and they were delicious. The portions are very large, expect leftovers. We LOVED this place and would make it our hangout if we lived in Chandler. The service was also very good-just go!