“Great hotel close to malls and meals” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Get Double Points!
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Davenport, Iowa
“Great hotel close to malls and meals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This hotel is located in Chandler (which is a long way from downtown Phoenix in case you aren't familiar with the area). It's right off Chandler street. A half mile from a million stores and every kind of restaurant you can imagine.

The building is well kept and nice. The service is great. I needed to meet a client and couldn't locate the restaurant. The staff went out of their way to assist me with directions and all the rest.

The internet worked well and was free. The breakfast was typical Hampton Inn fare. Simple but hot eggs and bacon. Juice, coffee, hard boiled eggs and lots of fattening (and I was a good boy) pastries. Not the Ritz, but much better than most free breakfasts.

The price was very attractive for the area and quality of the hotel.

I would have given them a perfect score but I'm a hard grader.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Lake Villa, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Hotel was what I expect from a Hampton Inn. Great staff, clean rooms and good free breakfast in the morning. I would agree with the others about the noisy air conditioner. Ours never cycled off so we had noise all night long. Pool was small but fine for the two kids, nice that they provide towels out there. Great location a block east of the 10 so was easy to get in and out of. Would recommend!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Idaho Falls, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The staff at this Hampton Inn were very friendly, accomodating and available. I arrived at 10am to just check in not necessarily get my room. The front desk attendent said there was a roon available if I would like to drop off my stuff. I appreciated that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Clinton, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My normal experience at Hampton Inns has been excellent. I would normally make the reservations myself, but this time my secretary made the reservation and made it through Travelocity, which apparently doesn't allow me to get Hilton Honors credit. That combined with the air conditioner not working made for a very disappointing and hot stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I think this Hampton turned me completely away from Hamptons. We used to stay in Hamptons most of the time because you could always rely on them being clean, and that's pretty much the main thing we are looking for in our hotels. Well, complimentary breakfast is also nice.
The staff in this Hampton was very nice and very friendly and you could tell they were trying, at least from what we saw, but it was not enough. Our room was fairly fresh. We didn't have mold in the b/r like some complained, all caulking was fresh, but the pipes above the sink looked old and in need of repair. My sister found a roach in the b/r that I think came from that exposed piping area.
Other small things that were a turn-off - a stained ottoman in the room and a chair in the breakfast area that had a brown stain in the middle that led to all kinds of unpleasant associations.
Breakfast area was attended by a middle-aged guy. I don't have anything against the fact he was a guy but I am sure this job would have been done a lot better by any woman. He was trying very-very hard, I'd give him that but, he just couldn't help it, everything was missing, you had to remind him to refill this and bring that, etc. I honestly felt sorry for him, he looked very much out of place there.
Somehow, this was our last Hampton hotel. Since then, we traveled a few more times and every time used Hilton Garden Inns that proved to be a better experience overall.
I do have to say that this stay was in December and I only now had a chance to sit down and look through my notes, so I hope that particular Hampton has improved since then.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Overall great stay. Rooms were a bit small for the price, but I think every thing is more expensive in Phoenix. The only downside about this location is the size of the pool and fitness center. They were both very small. But the location was super convenient, the facilities and breakfast were great and the staff was amazing! I prefer Hampton Inns and this one didn't disappoint.

• Stayed May 2013
Minden, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

When the window air conditioner kicked in it did so with a loud thump, rattled when running, then kicked off with an even louder bang -sounded like someone slamming a door. We complained about the noise of the air conditioner but were told the rest of the rooms had the same problem. We were not given any refund. I used to enjoy the Hampton experience but I will have look else where for lodging and only use Hampton as a last resort.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars

1 Thank Maryann M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
Comfort Inn Chandler
#12 of 28 in Chandler
4.0 of 5 stars 90 reviews
Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler
Staybridge Suites Phoenix - Chandler

Been to Hampton Inn Phoenix/Chandler? Share your experiences!