“Love Marriott”

Courtyard Phoenix Chandler
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Chandler
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Best beds! I sleep so well at Marriott's. My only constructive feedback was about the bistro. It's a bistro, so selection was slim. But in all the hotel was great, clean, staff was crazy friendly. Would recommend!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

It is always such a pleasure to get a positive review from a seasoned traveler and someone who has reviewed many hotels. I love the fact that you mentioned our staff as being "crazy friendly", as it is that staff that truly makes the positive difference in a hotel. Beyond that, the hotel is just bricks and mortar, and I am truly blessed to have a wonderful team working here at the hotel with me.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was staying at this place only for a day on 03/24. Coming in from Charlotte after a 5 hrs flight and day long meetings i was a little tired and hence could not explore the entire hotel
Having said that i felt this property in comparison to some of the other courtyard was just okay. Here is two cents on this place
- Spacious Rooms
- There is no water in the room ..you have to go all the way to ground floor to fetch a bottle of water
- Breakfast is at adjoining Courtyard property
- Limited brekfast options; had disposable plates and bowls for having meals...i prefer cutlery
- Nice location...close to mall which has lots of eating options
- I felt lighting in the room could have been better
- Can have faster lifts
- Staff was very helpful; my keys were not working..had to go to ground floor to request them to open the doors

Room Tip: Choose the room facing desert or road
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

It is always such a pleasure to get a review from a seasoned traveler such as yourself. I was pleased to read that you found our rooms to be spacious, and that restaurants nearby were a convenience for you.

We look forward to hosting you again during your next visit to the South Phoenix Metro area.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel the week of March 2nd through March 7th. The staff was very friendly but staff members who made my stay above and beyond my expectations: Cory at the front desk checked me in Sunday night and still remembered my name on Wednesday. Raymond who shuttled me to work every morning and Jeff and Sam who picked me up in the evenings. Ashley at sales office who was at the front desk on Tuesday. Chantel my housekeeper who I never met but did little things while straightening out my room that shows she has great pride and cares about the people staying in rooms she cleans! I hope management gives these employees an extra special notice for the incredible service they provide. Thanks again Cory, Raymond, Jeff, Sam, Ashley at sales office and most of all Chantel. Room 443!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Gary L, Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Chere - Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, and I feel honored to have received both such a positive review, as well as your first review! I also wanted to thank you for individually recognizing the team members you met during your stay with us. They will certainly receive the recognition they so rightfully deserve.

I hope that when your travels bring you back to the Valley of the Sun that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I am finding that I am getting pretty tired of Courtyard in general, so my review is partly based on that fact, though there are some unique elements that I will highlight as well.

I am here for my second night of two right now and am here not only for the room nights, but also for a meeting that I facilitated. The hotel itself is about average for a Courtyard at this point from my experience. There are at least as many I have stayed at that aren't as nice and about the equal amount that are nicer. The room probably matches that same description, though it seems a bit tired with the showerhead being older, the bed being pretty uncomfortable and some small things like the closet door difficult to open.

The walls are thinner then other Marriott brands, though this isn't as bad as some Courtyard properties.

The service is friendly overall (front desk staff, management, housekeeping).

For the event I was facilitating, though not coordinating, I arrived in the meeting room at 8am for an 8:30am start and found an empty room other than the tables set up for 28 people. I was only expecting 21, so it was set too far back and too close to the walls. By myself, I moved tables and chairs around to make it more comfortable. I then had to go out to the front desk and ask where my supplies were (flip chart easels, flip chart pads, etc.) that were dropped off the night before for me to use. They were still locked up somewhere. I also had to ask where the beverages were that were arranged (coffee, juice, water, etc.). They had to rush around to get that set up as if it was an afterthought. There were no notepads or pens set out, which is customary for other meetings I have had at different Courtyard properties. Fortunately, the front desk staff, A.V. staff, banquet staff and management were all respectful and attentive upon my request, though I shouldn't have had to corral them. The morning break items that were brought at 10am were not removed until after 1:15pm even though we took our lunch break from noon-1pm (so they came in and interrupted our meeting) and they never refreshed our pitchers of water that ran out shortly after lunch.

Between the hotel just being average for a Courtyard (not average compared to anything better) and the stressful impact of how they handled the conference aspects - I am being generous with my 3-star rating.

For context - I am a platinum elite, and very loyal, Marriott member who has traveled extensively to nearly all Marriott brands as well as had several meetings at various Marriott branded properties.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share with me your recent experience you had while staying at our hotel and holding an event. I was dissapointed to hear that it was less than satisfactory.

I have shared your experience with our team, with the goal of "What could we have done differently?" "How could we have made this a more successful event?" I am also working with our Property Sales Coordinator, to ensure that he is viewing functions through the customers eyes, and what can be done proactively on his behalf to avoid what happened to your function.

As for the bed comfort, I am pleased to say that our Owners, partially due to feedback on sites such as TripAdvisor, have approved the purchase of new mattresses and box springs at our hotel, and we hope to have this completed by early Summer.

I appreciate the candid feedback, as it is sometimes only through hearing about our mistakes that we are able to make improvements.

Again, please accept my sincere apologies for your less than positive experience.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Rooms are big. Hotel room and common areas clean. No free breakfast but there is a cafe in lobby that serves hot breakfast and lunch (maybe dinner? not sure) at reasonable prices. Just outside hotel is the chain cafe Paradise Bakery which is very good for sandwiches and salads and a comfortable place to eat. It's counter service, seat yourself, sort of place. Location is right off Interstate 10 and Ray Road. -- if you click on the current map on the Trip Advisor page it shows this restaurant close to the 202 and the Mall, which it is not.

Pool is small, did not use. it's about 25 minutes from the airport - so I wouldn't use this as an airport hotel necessarily. And there are strip malls next door with some of the usual chain stores should you need anything.

We stayed the night here for an event in Phoenix, would use it again unless I wanted to spend time at the hotel, in which case i would choose one with a bigger swimming pool. this one definitely felt like a business hotel, and in the morning the guests in the lobby reflected that.

Room Tip: I faced the East, the room was quiet. The South rooms faces the pool I think and the West rooms will...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Burbank Girl,

It is always such a pleasure to get a review from a seasoned traveler! I was happy to read that you found our hotel comfortable, clean, and convenient to many amenities including lots of great restaurants and shopping.

I also appreciate the heads up in regards to TripAdvisor showing our location incorrectly, and will partner with them to get that corrected.

I do hope that when your travels bring you back to the Valley of the Sun that you will chose our hotel again.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed twice in this hotel in September and October while in business trip in Chandler.

Very similar characteristics to the many other Cortyard I've visited in the US ( I'm a Marriot Platinum member ) . Clean and convenient with nicely appointed rooms ( for the price paid ) .

What I absolutely miss in their room is a fridge !! When it's more than 100 F outside, you'd like to keep some cold drinks in the room, without going to the bar.

I had a chance to use the fitness center ( small-ish, but with new cardio machines and free weights ) and the nice outdoor pool.

I did not have breakfast in the hotel. It was not included in my company's special rate and usually I do not eat in the morning, I preferred to drive to the Starbucks very close by for a good espresso and cappuccino.

As usual, fast and easy check-in process and express check-out with the final bill slipped through the door ( and mailed to my e-mail ). Thumbs up !

I will keep using the Marriott chain hotels ( Courtyard or Residence Inn ) for my future trips to the US.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

I appreciate your taking the time as a seasoned traveler to share your experience with others! I concur with you that while the Fitness Center does have new equipment, it is a bit on the small side. A little tip for your next return to our hotel and for others reading this review. We do have an agreement and complimentary passes to Lifetime Fitness, located approximately 2 miles from our hotel, for those looking for a more extensive selection of workout equipment.

Thanks Again!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Would definitely stay at this hotel again. The staff is very friendly and considering how close it's located to restaurants, shops, highway, I found it to be very quiet. The room was clean and well designed with desk, chair, sofa, table, king size bed. I like the TV on a swivel, that's a nice feature that you don't find everywhere. I'm looking forward to The Bistro for coffee and breakfast tomorrow morning.

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor, three rooms from the elevator. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others! I was happy to read that you found your room to be very quiet and enjoyed the convenience of our location to nearby restaurants and shop! I do hope that your experience in the Bistro the next morning was as equally delightful.

Gary Lueck

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
Hilton Phoenix Chandler
#14 of 174 in Phoenix
Hyatt Regency Phoenix
Hyatt Regency Phoenix
#24 of 174 in Phoenix

Been to Courtyard Phoenix Chandler? Share your experiences!