WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Courtyard Phoenix Chandler

Courtyard Phoenix Chandler
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Handy Location, Friendly service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. its directly opposite the very nice Chandler Fashion Center so handy for shopping and for a large range of restaurants. The staff is friendly and helpful. When they learnt I had heavy bags, they cheerfully shifted me to a room closer to the side door (despite the fact this essentially upgraded me to a two bed, two bath apartment for free). I look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
It is always a pleasure to read a positive review, especially when it comes from a seasoned traveler such as yourself! I was please to hear that you enjoyed our location, and the abundance of great restaurants and shopping that we have in walking distance to our hotel. I was also pleased to see that we were able to upgrade your room to both a nicer suite, as well as a more convenient location.

We look forward to being your home away from home the next time you visit the Phoenix area.

Thanks,

Gary Lueck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night in June when the daytime temps were very hot. In our room the AC was set for 65 degrees and it ran all the time never cooling past 75 degrees in the room. The toilet was not very clean. It had rust stains in the bowl. The carpet and walls around the hotel showed their age. Maybe this hotel is due for an update.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your recent stay at our hotel. While it is never pleasant to hear when one of our guests was dissatisfied, I nonetheless appreciate the candid feedback.

I had our Chief Engineer check the thermostat in the room that you had stayed in, and he found it to be out of calibration and had to correct it.

I hope that if your travels bring you back to the South Metro area, that you will give our hotel a try again.

Thanks!
Redondo Beach, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed 3 nights starting on 5-24-13 with my girlfriend while visiting family. Hotel as expected, meaning no unpleasant surprises. Convenient location. Room updated in 2012.

Had problems with housekeeping daily. On second day they did not show up at all! I actually spoke with the maid who was in the corridor at 5 p.m. and she told me she would come in half hour. We left for dinner and she never shoed up. The only other irritant is the tiny shampoo bottles. You are lucky to get one wash out of the bottle. Truly tiny!!

Otherwise, not a bad property.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms ensure nobody is above you. Our room had a pool view balcony. Unsure wether all room...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor housekeeping service you had while at our hotel. I also appreciate that you had shared the fact that the Housekeeper had not serviced your room with the hotel staff, as it gave us the opportunity to speak with the Housekeeper who was assigned to clean your room, and serve as a general reminder to all of our Housekeeping staff, to ensure that mistakes like this do not happen in the future.

Penang Island, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

my first visit to courtyard by marriott of chandler, AZ, a year back in 2012, the courtyard gave me a decent surprised as a mid range hotel. my recent trip in May 2013, the service was appalling despite the renovated lounge/bar. i asked if there is fridge provided to my room, the front desk said since i am an elite member i will be given one, but at the time of check-in there was none left on the store, all fridge were used up.
I checkin on monday, i repeated the request each day from tuesday to wednesday and to thursday and everytime i was told they will get me a fridge to my room soon. Saturday i checked out and i was still without a fridge. no point asking for fridge on friday as i was leaving on saturday.
i dont know what's wrong but i think improvement on customer request and service surely needed. particularly on proper closure and follow up. if i m not entitled for a fridge then just say it and dont tell that i m an elite member but with no prioritization. something wrong with the system. but i think nothing wrong with the frontdesk as i can see they are capturing my request or questions, but just no followup.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel with me. I always appreciate it when I am able to get candid feedback from a frequent traveler such as yourself. I will personally follow-up with our Front Desk staff to see why your request was not handled properly, and if there was truly not a refrigerator available during the time of your stay, why you were not informed of that at the time. Could you please contact me at gary.lueck@marriott.com to share with me the dates of your stay. That would help me greatly in following up.

Gilbert, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Business trip. Sleeping rooms okay. Bistro too slow in mornings. Meeting room too noise. Second time in the same meeting room. A/C noisy, makes it hard to hear speakers. Lunch was okay. Did not pay, so not able to comment on value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Please accept my sincere apologies, as we certainly strive to have the experience our guests have to be more than above average! It is only through candid feedback such as this that we can see our faults and focus on those weak points so that we may improve our product and service levels. I would be very grateful if you could contact me at gary.lueck@marriott.com, so that I may get additional information as to the dates of your stay, and the meeting that you attended, so that I can address the issues with the noise level of the Air Conditioning.

Warm Regards,

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Had a visit here last week with my family for a volleyball tournament in Phoenix, and I had called the day before to ask about getting my rooms placed on the first floor if possible. The woman who answered the phone assured me that it was all taken care of, but at checkin the front desk agent Joe did not have any available and was unaware that i had even called. I was very upset about the situation but I am pleased to say that he weathered the situation as well as he could have. He seemed genuinelly caring and concerned about fixing the problem, and took the kind of effort you rarely see at big corporate hotels like this, including offering me free breakfast (which can get expensive at a place like this) and moving me to rooms away from elevators/ice machines so at least we could get a good night's sleep. I originally wanted to speak with a manager about the situation, but after the steps he took, I was satisfied with the response and decided not to make it a bigger deal. It's clear that this hotel cares about its guests and cares about fixing mistakes when they happen. Thank you to Joe and the rest of the night staff that was there-- my girls and I will be coming back despite what could have been a total disaster.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with other travelers! Please accept my apologies for the service you received from the first associate you spoke with, and I have already addressed the issue with her. Many, many thanks for taking the time to both remember Joe's name and to mention him in the review. Joe definitely takes ownership of anything that comes his way, and I was happy to hear that he saved the trip.

We look forward to hosting you on your next visit.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed for one night for a wedding in Phoenix. The property was very nice, room was great, clean and nicely decorated. Very small enclosed balcony to our room. Big TV but no Fox Soccer Channel which was bummer. Free WiFi which was a big plus, very very small shampoo bottles which can be very inconvenient if you forget your own. Great location, tons of shops and restaurants. (The Good Egg was a great breakfast joint). Would definitely stay again, thanks to Marriott for participating with Priceline too!

Room Tip: Marriott partners with Priceline. Website rate was $129, I got it for $65.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Your review is exactly what we strive for here at our Hotel! We are fortunate to be in a location close to both shopping and restaurants, and glad that we had availability on Priceline that worked well with the dates you needed for a wedding in the area. Thanks again for you sharing your experience and we hope to host you again during your next visit to the Valley of the Sun!

Warm Regards,