WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
Austin, Texas
“Sundevil”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

Stayed for several days, this was a fairly average hotel in a beautiful area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
9 Thank dugbrown
CYDTCGM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with other travelers. As a Sundevil, I hope that you found the location of our hotel and the easy access to Interstate 10 to provide you quick and easy access to the Arizona State Campus! We are also fortunate to have great dining and shopping options within a short walk of our hotel.

I look forward to hosting you again soon!

Thanks,

Gary Lueck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Murrieta, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

The rooms were very small. When we arrived, there were no luggage carts. The breakfast buffet the next morning was lovely. The service at breakfast was terrific. The Marriott should allow the woman cooking the omelets to have a tip jar visible - she did a terrific job.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Wakefield, RI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

This CY is situated within a widely dispersed shopping area. Approximate 15-20 minutes from the airport. It’s an 11 year old property beginning to show its age, thus it is only average in my book. Bathroom area was small. I am a major Marriott lodger so I tend to be a little more critical as I know all of their properties well. This CY has not undergone the modernization being done nationwide and it is not slated to happen until next year.. My 1st floor room was clean and comfortable but the furniture was somewhat worn, bathtub caulking needed attention. There is no lounge/bar, medium breakfast area, small exercise room. Pricing-wise you will find this amongst the cheapest Marriott properties in the wide Phoenix area. There are a few restaurants you can walk to; I recommend Buca Di Beppo, a small chain family Italian with enthusiastic service folks. If you like Marriott’s, there is a much newer CY and Fairfield in the same town (Chandler). Overall, not a bad choice at all but soon will be solidly on the downhill if they don’t refurbish.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank edtoby007
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am pleased to announce that the hotel will be starting a complete renovation that includes both the guest rooms and lobby area, that will begin on April 4, 2012. The renovations will be completed a short time later, one June 4th. Following this, our rooms will have a fresh look including carpet, draperies, wall vinyl and granite counter tops. The restaurant area will take on a completely new look with the Bistro, giving our guests the options of dinner, beer, wine and mixed drinks in the evening.

As for a great Italian restaurant in walking distance, I couldn't agree with you more. Buca di Beppo offers great food and fantastic service.

Gary Lueck
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2010

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip in December 2010 and it was your standard Courtyard hotel. The room was clean and roomy and had the typical courtyard decor. Also, this hotel is located just off a busy Interstate freeway so I was concerned about the noise level, but the room they gave me (which was opposite from the freeway) was very quiet and comfortable. The bed was especially soft and comfy, unlike most hard beds.

There was nothing really spectacular about the room, but it was good, clean, and didn't smell like cleaning chemicals (which was good). The best part of this hotel was its location, as it was between Chandler and Tempe and had lots of restaurants and shops nearby. A Paradise Bakery was located within several yards of the hotel, as well as a 5 Diner and several more eateries across the main street. I ended up getting dinner at the Pei Wei Asian Diner which was great.

It didn't appear that they had a free continental breakfast (like the lower cost Fairfield Inn), so I opted out in getting a sit down breakfast and grabbed something after I left the hotel.

The only real downfall for this stay was a really slow internet connection. You need to use a wired connection in the room (no WiFi) and it was very slow. So, don't expect to do any heavy Internet work from your hotel room.

So other than the slow internet, I would recommend staying at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

The hotel was much better than expected. The rooms are small, but neatly decorated. Everything looked new and clean. Internet access was excellent. Many of my fellow colleagues I was traveling with were also pleasantly surprised with the quality of their rooms and hotel in general. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

This place has GREAT rates!! We had a great time and the associates were so helpful. The location is great. The free wifi is the best out there. Nice pool. The breakfast is complimentary .. very basic but it is a good variety. I love all Marriott and this very basic level one did not disapoint me!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2009

Our experience at this hotel was great from the moment we arrived. The staff was really friendly and helpful. We stayed for two nights. One day, after I returned from being out, the staff member said "welcome back", that was really nice. Our room was wonderful and spacious enough for my husband, my son and myself. Having free internet was a nice bonus. We were in town for a soccer tournament and the hotel was close to everywhere we needed to be and close to shopping too. I can't think of anything I didn't like. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family