Thank you goes to the great folks at the Springhill Suites who made our stay much better than it could have been. Having stated this, it’s a mystery how such a well-run establishment can have small but major flaws. Things like no stopper in the sinks (did no one else – including room staff, notice) and fitted sheets that really didn’t. A word to the front desk and we had a stopper for the bathroom sink. Also, on the way out, I mentioned the short sheets and was promised that this would be addressed. Enough said from me, if it happens again then please bring it to the management’s attention and let TA readers know.
Things that cannot be fixed are noisy guests, very thin walls and doors (although the doors could be changed out, I suppose).
I guess the problem with having lost an hour when traveling from California to Arizona is that the body still says, "It's early". So at ten o'clock in the evening, people are walking up and down the hallway talking in loud voices as if they were home. Their children play games of tag and try to see who can run the fastest from the elevator to their room. Not so easy to relax when this is occurring. On our Thursday/Friday night stay this only happened on the latter.
Also, the air conditioner is noisy. If you open the window the traffic sound is just as bad. So, it’s your choice (vote for the a/c, it blocks out hall and next door room clamour).
Breakfast on Friday was good. I loved the waffle batter choice of either plan or blueberry (or in my case mixed). As well as the regular Marriott breakfast items they had a nice selection of light fruit (this was not the case on Saturday). For those who like coffee, there were several urns on the go. Well done Springhill. We have stayed at many establishments (including Marriott’s, where one or two coffee pots, many times empty, are the norm).
The location was great. It’s easy to get to, very close to the Chandler Fashion Center and more places to eat (within walking distance) than you could ever want. If you don’t know where something is located, just ask the front desk.
I have mentioned that in many similar establishments, the art work is just something to fill up spaces on dreary walls. At the Springhill Suites, the walls aren’t dreary and neither are the modern pieces of art. Even the carpet is more pleasingly different than you would find elsewhere. Nice touch.
Basics TV had a good selection of stations, Wi-Fi worked fine, 6 foot four shower had a nice head with good pressure. There was a microwave, bar sink and a small efficient fridge. Great computer/writing desk and chair.
Sofa bed cushions kind of sank in. The two piece coffee table can split and be used as a bedside table.
I won’t give this a 10 of 10 (the staff rated this but…). Yet, if you need a place to stay, this is okay.
PS if there was a half star then this would get 3.5
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our spacious suites were designed with modern amenities to ensure your comfort. Enjoy free WiFi, separate spaces for sleeping and working, plus an in-room kitchenette with mini-fridge, microwave, and more. Start your day off right with our breakfast buffet, serving a selection of morning favorites. At our SpringHill Suites Chandler hotel, your comfort is our priority. We can’t wait for you to arrive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your SpringHill Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Hotel Chandler
- Springhill Suites Chandler