“It's Not Italian” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Old Spaghetti Factory
Ranked #183 of 651 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“It's Not Italian”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

As an Italian-American I am always amazed at what passes for Italian food.

My wife and I went there for lunch. I ordered whole wheat pasta with meatballs. The meatballs were not cooked properly and probably were microwaved to warm them up. In any event, the meatballs were unlike (and not in a good way) any I have ever had. The pasta was cooked fine but the sauce was extremely thick and not very tasty. The salad was iceberg lettuce with some carrot shred and a few pieces of tomato. The blue cheese dressing tasted like ti came out of a bottle. My wife ordered the spaghetti with marina sauce which she said was OK for a change from fast food but not like an Italian restaurant.

The bread was excellent and we had superb service. We shared a bottle of wine which was reasonably priced.

There is a trolley that kids would love to eat in.

• Visited July 2014

Chandler, Arizona
“Not up to the Old Spaghetti Factory name”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Went here for get together with friends. I ordered marsala chicken with angel hair pasta, my other half ordered spaghetti and meat sauce with Italian sausage. We both got salad which was horrible, I thought salad had water due to the fact you could not taste dressing but turned out to be the dressing itself was watered down when I ordered extra dressing. Silverware was dirty.

Service was okay. Since they left a pitcher of drink on table. Probably will not return due to managements indifference.

2 Thank Guido65
chicago
“Best Gluten Free mac and cheese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Let's start off with the happy kid in the family. She really enjoyed the mac and cheese. Very picky eater who was craving this and was satisfied enough that she picked here for dinner later in our trip. The only recommendation I can make regarding GF eaters....Find a way to offer them some bread. It would make GF eaters so happy.
Really enjoyed the spaghetti Vesuvius and the lasagna. My wife also said her stuffed pasta was delicious. Others with us tried their salads, and raved about the taste. I recommend ordering a salad with dinner and trying their amazing pesto dressing. So darn good.
I thought the value was good and the food was delicious.

• Visited June 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

We are here the other night despite some other reviews the food was good and well cooked. The portion sizes were big but both our meals were good. The service was very good and the food arrived quickly. The only negative was that it closed at 9 pm which made us feel rushed as we arrived at 8.30 but the staff went out of their way to tell us that there was no rush. The ice cream at the end was great. We will be going back to this restaurant

• Visited June 2014
Chandler, Arizona
“Don't Bother...Try Another Place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

I normally have a Pollyanna disposition about most things and don't like to put negative energy out there, but I really do think one can skip the Old Spaghetti Factory in Chandler. This restaurant has another location near the downtown Phoenix area that is great. Unfortunately, the Chandler location does not compare. The spaghetti is either under or over cooked. The sauce tastes like tomato sauce and ketchup straight out of the can. Literal, tomato sauce, NOT spaghetti sauce. Most of the food is under-seasoned or is seasoned in a manner that is not reflective of Italian cuisine. The service is okay, but living in Chandler I am used to high levels of service than I receive at this location. I won't return and couldn't recommend it to someone else.

• Visited June 2013