“Relaxed Atmosphere for Appetizers”
Review of The Living Room

The Living Room
Ranked #61 of 676 Restaurants in Chandler
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Flew in for a weekend with friends that just moved to Chandler from San Francisco. We were a party of 5 and found their website promising. The menu was limited to mostly bar appetizers, soups and salads. (bread based appetizers bruschetta, flat bread pizza, soups, sandwiches). It seems to be popular with a younger crowd. The bruschetta was served on what seamed to be sliced loaf bread. The brie apple, and fig topping was good. The cheese board was pretty basic but fit with the skeem. The best things on the menu are the salads. Ahi Tuna salad, Apple, Jicama and Arugula salad, and the Chopped salad. Our server was friendly and helpful, but slow. Hearing the Harley's pulling up during our meal was obvious, but not a big distraction. Although I probably won't ask that we come back when I return to visit my friends, there are not too many other options in the area. For a quick appetizer in a relaxed setting (on the couches/benches) it has it's appeal.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stopped for lunch in here as had heard good things about it. Decor is nice but thats were it ends. Seats were uncomfortable and service was poor. The chicken soup was not great(had more carrots in it than chicken) and the salad consisted of lettuce with 2 cherry tomatoes in it. My wife said the brushetta was nice but the portion was small. Over priced and would not be in a hurry to return.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Let me begin with the great news, the food is fantastic! I've had multiple menu items and have been happy each time; so has everyone else at my table. Happy hour is great time to go.
The setting is comfortable and relaxing. There are board games available to play while you are hanging out. Now for something gross. I was there on Monday and we sat inside since outside seating was packed. It was Happy Hour. We were seated near the bar/server's station where the plates and eating utensils are kept. A man (who I gathered from his interactions with the other employees was in charge) walked over to the server's station, picked up a small stack of plates, held them in one and and with a finger from his left hand rubbed for a good few seconds the crevice behind his ear. Then he used that same hand to pick out the utensils and walked away to a table. Not only was that sickening but he also appeared to be slightly inebriated. Moving passed that... I wish they would serve the fondue in a different contraption. The wind blew out our candle immediately after it was set before us. After relighting, it once again went out. This isn't well thought out since the place is open air. ( Which also means, when someone is smoking out front, you smell it inside. )

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a great upscale afterwork or evening hang. They offer many "skinny" beverages. Food is limited to appetizers but they now two sister restaurants - Sushi Room and Chop within the same shopping center for full-service dining.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Group place to sit comfortably, just like in your own "living room', but having someone else do the cooking & serving. Good atmosphere, food & drink