“Stayed here on business, so I didn't pay...”

Chandler Southgate Hotel
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Chandler
Los Angeles, California
“Stayed here on business, so I didn't pay...”
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Stayed here on business, so I didn't pay for it but would come back on my own. Rooms were big and clean, though the set ups were odd and need updated. The beds were sleep comfort which was cool, though mine wasn't working so there was a weird incline between one side of the bed to the other. The service was friendly, especially a waitress in the restaurant area. The pool area was very nice as well.

• Stayed May 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Key West, Florida
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Check in - lobby area impressive. All down hill from there. Switched rooms twice as they all smell like over powered air freshner trying to cover up a damp moldy smell.

When checking in we watched people struggle with the bell carts that had flat tires. When they told the front desk the response was shocking. They said just use them and I will write it down to be repaired.

with that said, before you knew it one tipped over and fell on a little boy. They didnt want to take any responsibility. The manager was not there so the next day I went to speak with him and I found out that he was not only not there but not really the manager as of yet and they didnt have one.

Behavior was disgraceful.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank starfish2772
tucson, az
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Just stayed at the hotel and while the room was nice, the bed comfy and the bathroom well sized; its hard to believe that this 3 star hotel can not take a few minutes and create a tv channel lineup so that guests can easily tune into something they are looking for.

There was not one in the room and when I went to the guest service desk, the girl on duty looked at me as if I were looking for a million bucks. Seems as though this would be an expected basic.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
suzannevan, Director of Sales at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2010
Thank you very much for choosing the Radisson Hotel Phoenix-Chandler for your recent stay. We appreciate your comments about the generous size of our rooms and the comfort of our beds, and we also appreciate the helpful suggestion in creating a new channel line-up for our sleeping-rooms. Each of our guest-rooms is supposed to be equipped with a current channel line-up, so there must have been a bit of a communication break-down between you and the person at the front desk. On behalf of the hotel, I apologize for the misunderstanding and for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We strive to take really good care of our guests and if you felt any other way than pampered, then we didn't do our job. I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you better, the next time you visit Phoenix-Chandler. Thank you again for your patronage.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 31, 2010

I stayed one night for business, I was suprised at the size of the room, or actually rooms, I had a front sitting area a bathroom and then king size bed with a sleep number bed. Very quiet, clean and comfortable. I left my glasses in the room and left them a message and they returned my call within a day stating they found them and would send them to my home. I received them within 2 days. Cant say a bad thing about the place. would stay there again.
applebees right next door.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
suzannevan, Director of Sales at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2010
It is so nice to respond to your review! We have an excellent staff and I am proud of the honest people who care for our guests. Our motto is "Yes, I Can!" and we want our guests to know how glad we are that they chose us. Whether it's making the rooms comfortable, greeting our guests with a smile, preparing menu items, or even making certain all of your belongings are returned to you promptly, whatever the job is, we pride ourselves in doing it right.
Thank you for noticing our commitment to you, our guest, and for writing a terrific note.
Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed March 9, 2010

The Radisson is located in a complex where there are at least 4 other hotels. It is just off the freeway and is thus, very accessible, just like the other hotels. So why stay there?...because the hotel staff is fantastic.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. It was obvious that no shortcuts were taken in keeping the room clean. Special note of the bed--the firmness of which can be ADJUSTED! I was in a room with a king-sized bed and the sleep (when my jet-lagged self could get it) was wonderful. It was very quiet in spite of the nearness to the freeway.

But most notable is the staff. They were all very helpful--with the rental car, with packages, with all kinds of tourist-y questions, with suggestions about transportation, with repeated requests for a cab, even with the bill! They never made one feel that you were taking up their time or that you were asking stupid questions. I checked in past midnight and did not get a single second of grief.

Kudos!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
suzannevan, Director of Sales at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2010
What a warm, positive review! On behalf of the entire staff here at the Radisson Hotel Phoenix-Chandler, we would like to thank you for your words of encouragement. Our staff takes particular care to welcome all of our guests warmly and let them know we are glad they selected our hotel whatever time they check-in, early or late.
We are very glad you liked our Select-Comfort Sleep-Number beds, too; many of our guests with back problems really appreciate the options these beds offer and find that their sleep is sounder and more refreshing with these particular mattesses.
Thank you again for taking the time to send this review, and we hope you visit us at the Radisson Hotel Phoenix-Chandler again soon.
Breckenridge, Minnesota
Reviewed February 11, 2010

Used bidding on priceline and got this hotel for $39. It was very clean and well kept up. I was pleased with my stay and extended it for another night at $46 via priceline. The pool could have been a little warmer and the hot tub a little hotter. The bed was comfortable (sleep number bed) and the pillows were also comfortable. I called for extra pillows and they came within 5 minutes. Glass is not allowed in the pool area and they only give you glass cups. They have a little store for munchies and toiletries. Free wireless internet but you have to sign on again all the time and it was a little slow.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
suzannevan, Director of Sales at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2010
Thank you very much for your positive review. Our hotel has recen tly converted to solar-heating panels for our pool and jacuzzi, and we are watching the temperature very closely to make certain it is effective and that the pool and jacuzzi get warm enough.
I will make certain that our maintenance team hears about your comments about the pool and jacuzzi temperature. I am very pleased that you appreciated our featured bedding, Select-Comfort Sleep Number beds and our pillows, too. If you ever have an occasion to stay in Chandler area again, I hope you choose our hotel for your visit.
Thank you again for your very constructive comments.
Suzanne Van Dusen
Director of Sales
Radisson Hotel Phoenix Chandler
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 12, 2009

We took a chance by using priceline and was very pleased with Radisson. Very comfortable beds/rooms and staff were helpful friendly. I would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
suzannevan, Director of Sales at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review; it is always nice to hear that our hotel has pleased you and that you would recommend us to other travelers.
The Radisson Hotel Phoenix-Chandler has a really dedicated staff and we are committed to satisfying our guests 100%. We look forward to you visiting us in 2010. Thank you again for your comments.
Suzanne Van Dusen