“Nice hotel to stay at” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Chandler
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Nice hotel to stay at”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

The hotel and staff was really nice room Jr. suite great but.........there was a kids soccer group in town for a tournament or such. The children ran wild while many parents sat around (fathers and mothers) the fireplace with their bottles of wine/booze tucked under their arms . They let the kids ran up and down in the lobby very disruptive. I felt sorry for the staff who had to put up with the noise and disruption. Will ask next if any kids groups are booked when I stay again.

Room Tip: The junior suite was nice. Restaurant was lacking in choices and or menu. prices high for menu offer...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write your review. I apologize that you had to experience the other families behaving inappropriately in our hotel. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our staff and the Junior Suite room. I hope you can come join us again when there isn't the same type of hotel traffic in the lobby.
Best wishes,
Ted Trembath - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cloquet
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

As a partner in the Carlson Properties, I expected more. It didn't start out well when as a Silver Elite member, I had requested an suite. We were to be there for 3 nights, but ended up cancelling as we were not happy with the accommodations given. I was given a bit of a run around from the front desk on how to be reimbursed for my Club Carlton points; I called Club Carlson in the a.m. and was told the Radisson should have taken care of it. We did spend one night, as we were worn out from a hectic day. The room is one that staff said was remodeled, but it left a lot to be desired for a Radisson. Supposedly a non-smoking room, but it was pretty easy for a non-smoker to smell smoke. Then they attempt to deodorize and it only makes it worse. Sorry, but the Sleep Number bed is a joke, it felt like we were sleeping on a glorified air mattress. Noisy, noisy hotel. There was at least one group there I was aware of and pretty sure they thought they ran the property. Not sure if it was poor timing on our part or just a poor hotel, but will not stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
SisiRChandlerAZ, Operations Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

No rooms with 2 queen beds, just double beds,which are small,or rooms with king sized beds. Tile in the shower was clean but older. When staying here for a kids' sporting event, we were given a good group rate for this that included breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I was there for only one night last Monday, called ahead to ask if I could check in early. Front Desk girl checked and let me know they have rooms and let me check in at noon. Although she said the room is in front of the ice machine, but that didn't bother me at all, I didn't hear any noise throughout the night.

The hotel is just off the freeway, but it's quiet and clean. I was assigned to the room on the 3rd floor, the elevator was quick and I never had to wait for too long. I think they have breakfast buffet for under $10 per person from 6am to 10am, but I didn't try it out. Front Desk also gave me a discount voucher for their restaurant, that was a nice touch!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
drkhan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights. Hotel is located in a very nice and safe location. Around the hotels, u got nice restaurants, shopping centers, walking distance whatabuger and gas station, and many other hotels (marriot, motel 6 or 8, etc) at same plaza as radisson.

Positive - nice and quiet, staff is nice and helpful, free parking, signature sleep number bed, nice business area, complimentary internet and printing .

Negatives - room was old fashion, box tv ( it did not matter to me but for some ppl it might do), shower tub had paint chips

Over all not a bad place to stay but i paid 100 a night and room wise there is not much difference then motel 8.

Would i recommend this place, yes if u can get a great deal between 70 to 80 dollars.

Room Tip: 4th floor is very quiet
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank doc k
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. Check in was pretty straight forward though insufficient breakfast coupon was given. Assigned a room on the 4th floor. Room and bathroom were clean. Their signature Sleep Number bed was comfy. The working space is decent for a business traveler like me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank XYTraveller
SisiRChandlerAZ, Director of Operations at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we are glad you enjoyed your stay will in the valley. I do apologize for the insufficient breakfast coupons; I have forward your concern to the Front Desk manager to ensure that this doesn’t happen again. We look foward to seeing you when you return on another trip to the valley.
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stayed here one night as our vacation condo rental was double booked the last night. We arrived hours before check-in time and the staff found us a room so we weren't stranded with nowhere to go. The room was excellent, the Sleep Number bed and sheets extremely comfortable, the staff was very friendly and helpful and the price was very good. The wireless internet was strong, reliable and free. At one point we needed a bottle cap opener and the staff in the lobby found me one to use.

The pool looked nice though we did not use it. The location was great - right next to the interstate (yet completely and perfectly quiet) and near great shopping and food.

My only suggestions for improvement would be upgrading to flat screen TV's and having a little mini fridge in the rooms.

All in all, an excellent experience and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple