“Appreciation”

Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
“Appreciation”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a winter escape from the long winter of 2013. Found this hotel on line. Stayed a week. Sharing that the service was excellent, front desk, lounge and dining staff very customer friendly and accomodating. Thank you Amber, Emilee and Katie. Great location for other Arizona travel with rapid access to other dining areas as well. Relaxing pool and just plain of fun in the sun. Thank you everyone for making our trip just more outstanding.

Doug Seiler
Minnesota

Room Tip: Talk with Amber at the front desk. I found the 3rd floor to be just fine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Very warm thank you for your great review, I so happy and glad we were able to deliver a great experience at our Radisson hotel chandler specially when needing a warm environment, or like in your case escaping from a cold winter, also Thank you so very much for acknowledging the service received from our staff I have share your compliments with them and are very happy that you remember them by name. and you are always welcome to sunny and warm Chandler Radisson Hotel.

Sincerely: Helia Villafan front office manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked a room here for a stay-cation. We left abruptly due to very poor customer service from the bar tender. Our first encounter with her occurred when I ordered a drink for myself. No smile. Second encounter occurred as I walked up to the bar while asking my boyfriend over my shoulder what he wanted to drink. The bartender, without saying anything to me replied with a nasty attitude...I heard him. By now I'm wondering what we did wrong. The third time she spoke to me in a rude manner I asked what was the matter. She replied...Oh I don't need this. In the meantime my boyfriend walked out a door off from the bar and like myself, assumed it was a patio. There were no signs indicating that, as we found out, there was a pool. After she was done with me she went out the door and I heard her speak to someone harshly. Moments later my boyfriend walks back in and states that we are leaving. After all that had taken place prior...he'd had enough of the bad attitude and bad customer service.

I returned to the hotel within days to speak to the manager. He was apologetic and concerned but said he was surprised by the girl's attitude because she was one of best bartenders they had. I hate it when a customer has a complaint and it is invalidated by such statements! He offered a free night stay certificate to be mailed and stated it would be taken care of by the front desk person. The front desk person took my information and as of several months later I have not received the certificate nor has any follow up been made.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize again for the concerns expressed during your stay in November.

We did respond to you with our resolution immediately after you shared the situation with the senior manager you spoke to.

We have been trying to call you this week to make contact and to follow up, but to no avail. Please call the hotel and ask for me at your earliest convenience so we may discuss the resolution and confirm your address.

Helia Villafan
Front Desk Manager
West Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Currently on a two day stay at the Radisson Phoenix/Chandler and so far we are really pleased. Very friendly and efficient check-in. Our room is clean, comfortable and just as we would have wanted. The in room (free) wifi works perfectly. We have just dined in the restaurant - this has a limited menu but our choices were beautifully presented, very tasty and served with a smile. All in all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind words at Radisson hotel we love to make sure our guest gets the best of experience and a great customer service and I'm glad we accomplish both on your stay on behalf of the entire staff at Radisson Hotel Chandler we thank you for time and great comments.

Sincerely Helia Villafan front office manager.
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Very nice hotel. The rooms are clean and quiet. The room service and front desk guys are perfect . My breakfast wasn't in hotel but the breakfast seems to be very good. Perfect location, it's a kind of place with a lot of hotels, close to the highway. I would be there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your great comments about our Radisson Hotel chandler and its location I'm glad it was the perfect location for your needs, also thank you for acknowledging our staff and their service it be a pleasure to serve you again when your travelers needs brings you back to the beautiful Chandler Arizona.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely Helia Villafan front office manager
Denver, CO
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Nice lobby, good size room, clean and even DH commented on the massive amount of counter space in the bathroom. So what was my beef? The coffee situation. First morning, I go to the lobby for coffee (I never use the in room coffee maker and if you read Trip Advisor, you won't either). No coffee in the lobby, so I ask at the restaurant and I am told cups cost a dollar. Really? Plus three cents for tax. I looked at the breakfast bar and they were charging $11 for what most places give you free. Silly! Why not raise the price of the room $5 and give away breakfast? In spite of the coffee fiasco, I would stay here again - the beds were fabulous and the staff was terrific. But whoever made the decision about the coffee needs to take a seat.

Room Tip: Bring a cup
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey and acknowledging our nice lobby and room size. I appreciate your mentioning the terrific staff and will make sure they know how highly you think of our service.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience with the “to go” coffee. I have addressed this situation with our team, and I assure you we are taking your suggestion in consideration

Helia Villafan - Front Office Manager
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Worst customer service ever! It began at checkin and continued thru our stay... Rooms we not cleaned due to being short staffed.. The front desk kept using the excuse that because I booked thru Expedia I wasn't guaranteed anything my confirmation stated...the pool and pool area were dirty... we checked in on a Saturday and checked out Tuesday.. we were to check back in later that same week, but cancelled due to the bad experience...FIRST AND LAST TIME STAYING HERE!

• Stayed March 2013
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know your feelings about your stay at our property. I apologize that we did not live up to Radisson Hotels’ high standards. I understand your feelings and am concerned that we dropped the ball. Guest feedback is the best way for us to improve and if you are interested, I would like to speak to you further. You can reach me at the hotel at the number below.

With my sincere apology,

Helia Villafan - Front Office Manager, 480-961-4444
Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spent 5 nights at this property. The room and amenities (pool, fitness,) were ok; dining are and lounge a bit uninspiring. Not ideal for along stay. However, the best part was the very helpful staff, from front desk to maintenance to housekeeping. Note, you really need a vehicle to get anywhere around this part of Chandler/Phoenix. To get to a variety of local dining--go over the overpass (it's a 15-20 minute walk) as there's not much in the area right around the Radisson. One disappointment was they advertised a shuttle, so I specifically chose it for that reason as I needed to get back/forth to a location in Chandler on 3 days. Booked it with front desk the evening I checked in; the next morning the front desk manager over ruled my booking saying it had been pre-booked but apparently not recorded in their book. Pretty annoying and caused unexpected $15x2 cab rides that day.

Room Tip: West side faces the Hwy #10 off ramp; for some the traffic noise may be bothersome. Other sides prob...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback and comments about your stay with us, thank you also for acknowledging our staff from front desk to housekeeping is always a pleasure to see that our guest acknowledge our team work, I'm sorry about our shuttle schedule we try our best to accommodate all of our guest about their needs of transportation and I can assure you that this was a random mistake of overbooking again I apologize for this and we work diligently to make sure this things don't occur again.

Sincerely Helia Villafan Front office manager