“Great Overall Business Stay”

Chandler Southgate Hotel
Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Chandler
Reviewed February 22, 2013

After 1 1/2 weeks at this hotel, I continued to be impressed with the friendliness and responsiveness of the staff, the excellent attention to details, and the great overall experience there. While the building is showing a little need of updating, the staff more than compensates for that. Also, it is a very convenient location to highways, restaurants, and stores. A great value!

Room Tip: Rooms are either facing the exterior of the building, or the open courtyard and pool.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

So, I have a bit of a hotel addiction. Usually I prefer 4 star or above, but I was feeling adventurous. I booked a super rate on Priceline, pretty much expecting it to be this property. The location was irrelevant to my needs, though it is close to Wild Horse Pass and a lot of good restaurants and bars. The room is a little outdated, maybe if they weren't giving away rooms for the price of meal at Bucca di Beppo they'd be able to put in some modern flat panels instead if box tubes from the late 90's. eh. The set up was pretty cool. Huge desk, workspace area. Huge. A road warriors dream in fact. Comfy desk chair. But at the end of the day, what can make or break a hotel stay, the bed!!! First time I've ever encountered a sleep number bed in a hotel. I have to admit, maybe not the best move because it does require some playing around with, but I had time. My sleep number was 65. Lol. The next morning I asked for an extra hour for check out and it was granted without issue. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank jclark702
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Great ;location, Surprisingly quiet given its location right off the freeway.

Nice, large room, top-notch Sleep Number bed.. Fast, free wi-fi internet.

But overall but the hotel is in need of renovations.

There were exposed holes drilled in the top of the bureau/desk, apparently from a mounting bracket for an old TV.

No microwave or refrigerator in the room. Apparently there is one shared microwave per floor, in the vending area. What is this, a 3 star hotel or some kind of cheapo Euro youth hostel?

The bathroom fixtures are at least 20 years old. The flimsy plastic toilet seat probably cost them $6.00 wholesale. Problems with the toilet, you have to jiggle the handle to stop it from running on and on.

On the plus side, the shower head is mounted very high up. I'm 6'2", and this is one of the few showers I could take a decent shower.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
SisiRChandlerAZ, Front Office Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to know that our employees offered you the hospitality experience you deserve. We have noted your comments in regards to the need of a renovation. Please note we are in line for upgrades in the near future and are focusing on our guest experiences at the present time.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed here only for one night for our road trip. It being a Radisson, we didn't have much to be concern about and it was a good experience. The front desk lady was friendly and very accommodating. We needed a late check out and she gave it to us right away. We got a room on the ground floor. Room was clean, nicely made and ample size. Bathroom also a nice size. Location is great. It's next to the freeway and has plenty of restaurants and businesses around. We found a pizza place called Spinato's Pizzeria just the other side of the freeway. Really yummy. Overall a nice experience and will return.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
SisiRChandlerAZ, Front Office Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for such a positive review! The entire staff and management team at the Radisson Hotel Phoenix Chandler are committed to guest satisfaction and we go the extra mile to make each guest feel welcomed and appreciated, and it is wonderful to have our efforts noticed.
Thank you for taking the time to submit the review and to say such positive things...we welcome you back to the hotel anytime!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The rooms are nice. I would have liked a flat screen.
The beds have a feature which it inflates or deflates according to your comfort. Personally just a comfortable bed will do.
We were there for a soccer tournament and the service was awesome. They catered to our clubs every need. That helped make it a vary enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed: October 2012
SisiRChandlerAZ, Front Office Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and we were able to meet your expectations. We hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed at the Chandler Radisson for four nights on business travel. The check-in was quick. The front desk staff was pleasant and receptive. The room was large, clean and the bed was comfortable. The room was quiet; I did not hear any voices or the television from the adjacent rooms. The bathroom had a bath tub with a shower and the water was very hot. The hot breakfast buffet was very good.
The bathroom counter top and sink need updating. To my surprise the television was the old tube type. It was rather difficult to physically switch the big heavy tube television’s view from the bed angle to the sofa angle. The fabric sofa needed cleaning. A coffee table next to the sofa would have been an added convenience. The room is not equipped with a refrigerator. A small refrigerator is optional for a $10 nightly fee.
The hotel is located conveniently at the I-10\Chandler Blvd intersection. Chandler Blvd has plenty of stores and places to dine. The Fashion Center mall is only 7-8 miles north on Chandler Blvd. The Arizona Mills outlet mall is about 4 miles west on I-10.
I plan on staying at this hotel on my next business trip to Chandler Arizona.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
SisiRChandlerAZ, Front Office Manager at Chandler Southgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Hello and Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and we were able to meet your expectations. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to enhance your experience on your next visit with us.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed here Labor Day Weekend 2012, originally booked a Jr. Suite but upgraded to Executive Suite and was so happy I did! Great room with plenty of space at a great price. The salt water pool is easy on the skin, a bit warm for the summer but all in all it was a great relaxer for a day of shopping! We stay here often but this is the first time we stayed in the suite, don't think I'll go back to the smaller rooms...great front desk staff, Kim's always so friendly!

• Stayed: September 2012