“Great Value!”

Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
AZ
“Great Value!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Booked a room on Hotwire and got the Radisson Hotel Chandler. It was a great value at the Hotwire price. If we would have had to pay the going rate at the hotel website, then it might not have been worth it. The room was clean and large with a King Sleep Number bed. No breakfast included, but there's a Cracker Barrel just up the street.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank guestAZ
SisiRChandlerAZ, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I recently stayed here before catching an early morning flight (out of Mesa). I only chose to stay so far from the airport because I have come to expect a great hotel room from the Carlson brands. I am currently a gold elite member, and have stayed at quite a few Carlson hotels recently. I was very disappointed with this hotel though.

The greeting at the front desk was far from nice. I should also mention I had to wait at an empty desk for a few minutes before someone actually showed up to check me in. I wasn't even recognized as a member of Club Carlson. Not a huge deal, but it would have been a nice touch. Granted it was getting late, around 9-10pm, but I expected more. The elevator was extremely hot, definitely not inviting after coming out of the Arizona heat. My room had a strange smell to it, possibly smoke. The bathroom was dirty, and it didn't look like the sink was cleaned from the night before. I would have normally asked for a new room based on the smell alone, but I was very tired, and didn't want to spend the few hours I had moving around the hotel when all I wanted was to sleep. The sleep number beds are obnoxiously loud. The only reason this hotel doesn't get 1 star is because I got a pretty good deal on the room.

I definitely will not be staying at this hotel again, and will be somewhat weary of other Raadisson hotels in the future. If you're looking for a hotel in the area, do yourself a favor and just stay at the Hampton Inn or Homewood Suites next door.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank alexb535
SisiRChandlerAZ, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Hello Alex, thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay with us. I do apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and have addressed all of the concerns with our team to ensure these types of concerns do not occur again. We do value your membership as a Club Carlson member and would like the opportunity to make this experience right. Please contact me directly at the hotel so that I may discuss with you in further detail.

Radisson Hotel Phoenix/Chandler
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights and had a decent experience. I was upgraded to a junior suite and the FD clerk(s) were really nice and friendly. They acknowledged my Concierge status and gave me a free gift, upgrade, and breakfast. There is ample free parking (various exit doors, so you can park close by) and the property was well-kept. Breakfast was just okay (not worth $12 though) and most people dining there had complimentary vouchers anyway.

The bed was clean but the carpets were worn out and dirty and the tub and walls had a bit of rust. There was a peculiar smell in the bathroom that didn't go away and like other reviews have mentioned, they really need to get rid of those medical office-type trash cans in the restroom. Also, the suite had 2 old CRT TVs-the first time I've seen a CRT TV in a suite in Radisson. Another thing I didn't like was the constant banging of my door by housekeeping in the morning even though I had my "DND" sign on the door.

Overall, it wasn't a bad stay. If I'm in the area again and the rates are competitive compared to other hotels, I might stay here again. I really appreciated them acknowledging my club carlson status and making me feel welcome.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
SisiRChandlerAZ, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Hello and thank you very much for your honest feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted you felt very welcome here as one of our Club Carlson members. We always want you to know we appreciate your loyalty and your membership is something we hold at the highest regard. I do apologize for the few inconveniences you encountered while here and I have discussed your concerns with our team to ensure a similar situation does not occur. I hope you do choose to stay with us again when your travels lead you back to the area and please don’t hesitate to let me know if you need anything prior or during your visit!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed here on the romance package on Monday, June 18th, 2012. We enjoyed a cozy room with king size bed, complimentary bottle of white wine and a $50 food credit to the hotel restaurant.

During this stay housekeeping was atrocious for a Radisson. Our bathtub had rust around the drain, hair from previous guest and carpet was not vaccumed good.

The hot tub was nice but the jets sucked. Didn't even feel like they were on.

The only reason why this Radisson does not get TWO STARS is because their staff was top notch which is what we have come to love and expect from Radisson.

• Stayed June 2012
, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Hello and let me first thank you for sharing with us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us as I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our staff and have come to expect thier service! I do apologize for the concerns regarding housekeeping during your visit I have met with our team and can assure you a similar situation will not occur in the future with any guests. Thank you again for your time and please contact me at the hotel directly if there is anything else I can personally assist with.

Radisson Chandler Hotel
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I'm moving cross country so I needed a place to stay until I could move into my new place. I made my reservation half an hour before checking in, my room was ready when I arrived, the wonderful woman at the front desk (Tylene) found me a room in a better location and provided a mini fridge for the room. The lobby is nice and welcoming, the room is open with a couch and room to move around between the bed and the desk. The room and bathroom were very clean, and the carpet was not stained or old. The bed was comfy and I loved that they have actual comforters with duvets instead of those gross nylon bedspreads that probably never get washed. Lots of comfy pillows too. The room was very quiet. The free wi-fi worked well, and I used the gym every morning. The pool looked nice, although we didn't use it while we were there. Did not try the cafe or the room service but both looked good. My only complaint is the same as someone else's - add a larger trashcan in the bathroom! Also, the elevator was insanely hot (it was over 100 degrees that week in AZ). Also, the AC could have been a bit stronger.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Hello and Thank you so very much for all your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am delighted your moving experience has been a good one and that Tylene and our staff were able to exceed your expectations. I have shared all your feedback with our staff and we thank you again for your time and look forward to another visit should your travels bring you back to the area.

Riverside, California
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We were there for few days. I booked to this hotel because my experience with Radisson in Europe was very good and I want to be in a good hotel. It wasnt. The carpet was very dirty and the elevator was very old. Otherwise, the bed was clean, the bathroom was clean, the staff was OK. And the price is OK too. Average hotel for affordable price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hrefa
SisiRChandlerAZ, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Good day and thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I have addressed all of your concerns with our team and we are consistently working to improve each guests stay. I am delighted you are a Radisson visitor in Europe and we here at Radisson Chandler value your loyalty to Carlson Hotels. We will make the necessary adjustments to ensure an above and beyond experience for future visits.
Flagstaff, AZ
Reviewed May 29, 2012

A well-maintained hotel in a good location. The rooms are nice size, clean and quiet, and the staff is very friendly. Seems to have a fairly nice pool too. I would stay again for sure.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank landcruiserbob
Hello and Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and we were able to meet your expectations. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to enhance your experience on your next visit with us.