“Gourmet food at a reasonable price.”
Review of BLD Restaurant

BLD Restaurant
Ranked #90 of 665 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Short for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, BLD believes every meal is the most important part of your day. That's why we serve up chef-crafted comfort foods in a casual neighborhood environment- all day, every day. No time to linger? Hit up our drive-thru window for barista-made coffees, specialty drinks and great meals on-the-go.
Chandler
“Gourmet food at a reasonable price.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I live in the area and this was my first trip to BLD because I heard the prices were high. BLD has an open bar/patio area which makes it feel very airy and open. The wait staff is extremely nice and informative. I had the lunch special which was a Philly cheesesteak and one side for $11.00. The sandwich was on a large fresh bun with generous amounts of beef, peppers, onion and cheese...the chez whiz type. For the sides you can choose from fries, onion rings, sweet potato fries or potato salad. I couldn't decide and the waitress told me I could have half and half! I chose onion rings and sweet potato fries, both were excellent and there was a large serving of both. There was a beer special which was a pint of Sam Adams for $2.00. So my total lunch bill was $14.00 which is average and the food is GREAT. My only suggestion would be that they should offer salad as a side. The menu has a gourmet twist which is why the prices seem higher, but you wont be dissappointed.

• Visited November 2012

Chandler, Arizona
“Good but overpriced”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I live in the area and have been to BLD many times. They have a good beer selection, a great bloody mary and a fantastic patio. Everything on the menu is always delicious but everything on the menu is also overpriced.

• Visited August 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Outside Patio”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We ventured down to the Chandler area for the weekend to see new sites and try new restaurants. We read about BLD on Trip Advisor and other websites and decided to give it a whirl.

We waited about a minute while an outdoor table was cleaned for us. The patio is very nice and a gentle breeze kept it comfortable on a warm day. The restaurant is designed so that even indoor seating feels like it is somewhat outdoors. Very airy, very pleasant.

They serve breakfast until 2pm, but we were in a lunch mood. We ordered the Chicken Parmesan and the Italian Grinder, both with onion rings. Both sandwiches were excellent and the Italian Grinder in particular was full of pepperoncinis and other tasty veggies that added flavor to the deli meats. The onion rings are our favorite style...Batter dipped rather than covered in bread crumbs.

The service was excellent, in particular because the servers acted as a team noticing when drinks needed to be refilled, etc. Rae took care of us most of the time and she was great.

There are plently of offerings on the menu that are appealing to us, so we will be back next time we head that way.

• Visited October 2012
Mesa, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellant”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We saw this place on TV (check please) and thought it looked like a good place to try. After going their we were not disappointed. We have been there a couple of times since and we always had great food and great service. When we have gone their they have not been busy so we always got seated right away and the food came out hot and fast. I loved their meatloaf and chicken and waffles.

• Visited July 2012
Chandler, Arizona
“Nice trendy local surprise!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

What a nice surprise to find in Chandler Arizona! My friend had a coupon so we decided to stop by this trendy new restaurant located on Dobson and Germann.

I had the steak tacos ($10.75) and they were excellent. Tender beef piled up on corn tortillas with cabbage and tomato salsa and the spicy spread that made these nothing short of amazing. Of course, that is my taste buds talking!

My friend ordered a grilled chicken and avocado sandwich on brioche bread. On the side she had sweet potato fries. The sandwich was so huge she could hardly get her big mouth around it and the fries crisp and hot.

The happy hour menu looks awesome $5 and $7 bites and $3 drinks.

I Plan to come back.