“What a great hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Chandler
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I must, must, must compliment this Hampton Inn. Starting from the attentive-awesome-going-the-extra-mile staff to the cleanliness of the rooms this hotel way surpassed my expectation.
I have always been a fan of Hampton Inn, but this one deserves a special mention.
I was greeted professionally by the front staff, who was also very patient with helping me get the room that meets my needs. Traveling for work pretty much 75% of the time can make me a demanding brat, but everyone here was helpful and friendly. I must mention that I stayed here over the weekend to avoid yet another cross country flight back home just for the weekend.
Since the hotel is pretty new, everything was still in working order. The gym was amazing and spacious enough for me to do my exercises.
One complaint I have is that this property doesn't seem to be very environmentally conscious. The fan is constantly blasting everywhere and the lights are on 24/7 in the gym despite the sun outside. I had asked them to turn off the light so I could open the blinds and it was quite an undertaking since that was no real switch. Also, like other Hampton Inns breakfast is served in Styrofoam plates and plastic cups. It would be great if the hotel integrated more natural light and be more considerate of the resources. But well, none of the hotels think that way, so it's not their fault.

All in all: I would definitely come back!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
JohnPaulVillarreal, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2011

Good afternoon! This is John Paul Villarreal responding, General Manager of the Hampton Inn & Suites Chandler. I wanted to thank you greatly for the compliments of the property, it is great to see you had an amazing stay and the service level exceeded your expectations. It is always our goal to exceed expectations and make every stay as clean and comfortable as possible. I did want to mention a few things in regards to our environmental measures, our location opened in late 2009 with many energy management features including low flush toilets, in room and property recycling, aerators in our faucets and rooms with technology allowing the room to shut down when it is vacant with entry door sensors, unfortunately with sensors it also means that lights like the one in the fitness center stays on when occupied. I am going to look into options to see if possible to shut this light feature down in the fitness room during daylight hours, I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. Also we now have new plates, cups and utensils that are a enviroware product that is biodegradable, we are also in the process of testing other potato & wheat extract products with a desire to eliminate the use of Styrofoam products as much as possible. We hope as a hotel and company to move the meter more and more towards a more environmentally friendly hotel. Once again thank you greatly for the valuable feedback and thank you so much for staying with us, come back and see us soon!

John Paul Villarreal

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center

Reviewed February 8, 2011

I'm in agreement with the other reviewers of this property. For a Hampton Inn...I WAS BLOWN AWAY!!!

Hilton is doing a really good job with the new properties, and this Hampton Inn doesn't disappoint.

I stayed in a double-queen with sofabed (read: lots of sofa & chair space). The room was as spacious as the renovated Hampton Inn in Norwood, MA.

I actually checked out of a Hampton Inn in Mesa (just north of Chandler) earlier in the week because it was a real dump. This is the exact opposite. It made me feel like I hit the jackpot!

I will gladly stay at this property any time I come to Chandler. Some of my coworkers stayed next door at the Homewood Suites, and they were happy there too. Overall, it sounds like Hilton did it right at this location.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2011

This was one of the best Hampton Inns I have ever stayed in. Very clean, friendly staff, nice people, comfortable beds, and an excellent location. I would recommend this hotel to ANYONE in Chandler, Arizona.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed January 10, 2011

Great Hampton! Not the only Hampton in Chandler but I think the best. Pay attention to map because the address is new and not on my Tom Tom.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed January 4, 2011

I'm a Hilton Honors member and always books hilton hotels wherever we go. This is the cleanest nicest Hampton Inn and suites I've been to. It is very new and the suite is very spacious! We went there Dec 31, 2010. I was tempted not to write a review as I wanted to keep this hotel to myself but this hotel deserves a good review. It is close to Chandler Fashion Mall, Costco, Target and a lot of other establishments and restaurants. The room I got is very quiet. If I need a base again to my trip to Arizona, I will go back here again!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Hampton is one of the hotel chains I'm partial to, because they're usually good value and very consistent. This location lives up to the Hampton name; it's clean, has helpful staff, a good breakfast, and a very comfortable bed.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Stayed here a couple of nights.
Super clean and new property, I didn't want to leave.
Clean and warm pool, awesome jacuzzi.
Super comfy beds.
Nice personnel.
Relatively close driving distance to grocery.

Kind of annoying smoke alarm projecting a green light that lits up the room at night.
Hard to find on the GPS as the street is located on is new.
Kind of a remote area, in an industrial park, which was SO abandoned.
Far from shopping, etc.

-/+ Scared a scorpion or other desert creature would crawl into our room and sting us just because we were in the desert.
Right next to another one of Hilton's properties: Homewood suites, which appeared fuller when we checked in, even though it was more expensive.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple