Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rancho Santa Fe, California
“Good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Good location, within 1 mile of the Chandler Fashion Center and just off the freeway. Inexpensive, around $100/night, but you get you pay for here. The included breakfast was good, with scrambled eggs, waffles, cereals, pastries, toast, a different meat each morning and fresh fruit. A four story building, far enough from the freeway to be fairly quiet. Our room was clean and updated, with LG TV's, marble baths, and a comfortable bed. The complementary wifi worked good. Minuses were, no soundproofing in walls and ceiling, noises from adjoining rooms was noticeable. No safes or robes though our room did have a decent size friidge and freezer. The A/C was was a noisy window unit. The toilet paper was the worst I've seen. The pool area was small, I didn't see anyone using it when we went to check it out. On the other hand, the staff was always pleasant and helpful. The bed was comfortable. This hotel caters to business travelers and kid's soccer tournaments. It's affordable, clean, but has basic amenities. The breakfast was decent and makes the overall stay a good deal.

Room Tip: Get a top floor so you don't hear footsteps above you, and a end unit, because the walls are not...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Savannah B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us! We appreciate and value your feedback. Feedback is our most valuable tool in ensuring the comfort of our guests. We use the feedback to evaluate which areas we are exceeding our guest expectations and which areas we have room for growth.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and that the room was to your liking. We hope you enjoyed your stay with us.

We apologize that not all of the amenities were to your satisfaction. We take all feedback into consideration when improving our services. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you back again soon!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Silver City, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I travel from New Mexico to California and back several times a year. About two years ago I started splitting the trip in half, and stayed in the Phoenix area. I usually would stay at a Marriott Courtyard wherever I traveled, and tried two in the Phoenix area -- so-so. Last year my Mom was with me and we tried something different -- we stayed at the Hampton Inn Chandler Fashion Center, and what a surprise! The room was huge, clean, and appropriately set up. The manager, Betty Ann Spadaro, took great care of us, and sent us down the street to the Sushi Room (celebrating my Mom's b'day). Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fantastic -- not just the basic Continental breakfast...

Fast forward a month or two... I don't know why, but I went back to working on my Marriott rewards :-( Since my stay at Hampton Inn last year I have stayed at 3 Marriott properties, and each visit was a little more of a letdown than the last. On May 31 after driving for five hours I went to check in to the Fairfield Inn Chandler at about 3:30pm (just after normal check-in time). Since this is a glowing review about Hampton Inn and not a complaint about Fairfield, I'll keep it to this: after almost an hour of going around and around because they didn't have the room I booked, and were basically out of rooms because of a big, chaotic wedding party that checked in, I jumped in my car, drove across the street to the Hampton Inn, and "Jocelyn" had me checked into a suite within 5 minutes! After the chaos across the street and the 100+ temperature, it was a relief to plop down on an amazing Hampton bed :-)

My best friend met me the next day for a weekend of shopping and goofing off. She travels a lot and likes to stay at 'resort' hotels, and was a little skeptical. Turns out she loved the place, the suite with the giant vanity counter that is outside of the bathroom, the twin-properties (Homewood Suites next door, and both pools are available to all guests), the quieter location (not in the middle of bustling Phoenix), location to shopping, great food, Old Town Chandler, etc., and the breakfast! (She loved that there were Asian food choices too.) Plenty of parking too, lots of it in the shade.

I can keep raving about this Hampton Inn, but mostly I just want to say thanks to Betty Ann Spadaro, and everyone that works there! On this particular trip I also dealt with Jocelyn, Stephan and Amy, and unfortunately I didn't get the names of anyone else who was there, but they were all so great! At the risk of forfeiting all my Marriott rewards, I am now officially an HHonors member and will see my new 'friends' every few months in Chandler.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Savannah B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us! We appreciate and value your feedback!

We are so happy that you shared your story with us and that you chose us in the end. We are so happy to hear that the team has taken such good care of you. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team especially Betty Ann, Jocelynn, Stephan, and Amy. We are delighted that the hotel and its amenities are to your liking. We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

My boyfriend needed a place to stay when coming into town. I looked at a few hotels and came up on this lovely little place. IT IS AMAZING! The staff is super friendly, the breakfast is pretty good- quite a big selection- and there is coffee 24/7 (my boyfriend and I love coffee so that was a big bonus!). The room was beautiful: we got a one king bedroom. The bed is extremely comfy and the pillows are fluffy. I don't know about anyone else but seeing pictures of a hotel always makes me curious as to whether or not it looks exactly like it, and it does! What you see in the pictures is exactly what you get. Also, the location is perfect. It is only a five minute drive from the Chandler Mall and the freeway is right next to it so getting somewhere takes next to no time. My boyfriend is coming back again in the fall and we plan on staying here again. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are happy that the team took such good care of you during your stay. We are also glad that you enjoyed the breakfast, coffee, and the room was to your liking. We look forward to seeing you back again in the fall!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is one of our favorite Hampton Inns! (Hampton Inn is our motel of choice.) The staff is always friendly and helpful. Rooms are beautiful with lots of amenities. Beds are SOOOOO comfortable! This property is close to shopping and eating, so very convenient. We love it here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Savannah B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We are so happy to hear that we are your favorite Hampton Inn! I will be sure to share your comments with entire team! We are delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable. We hope you will choose to stay with us again soon.

Ayer, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was my first time at this Hampton hotel. It is located 2 doors away from the office. Location and everthing about it was perfect! The staff was accomodating and friendly. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Savannah B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us! We strive to exceed each and every one of our guests' expectations. We are delighted to hear that the location worked out perfectly for you and that the team took such good care of you during your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team today. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future!

Jacksonville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

From the breakfast with many choices to the evening food some days and the business center and the good internet connection this place was perfect. Nice room too with well stocked bath. Free popcorn and apples make this a place like home for a week's business trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Savannah B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We appreciate and value your business.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad that the breakfast and the amenities of the hotel suited your needs. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future!

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

During my last visit to Chandler, I stayed in Homewood suites and this time I got an option of staying in very next building - Hampton Inn and Suites.

Good things first ....
Pretty decent clean room, but not as big as Homewood suites, next door hotel which is run by same management. Very very friendly front desk staff. They were kind enough to hold as many packages I have ordered from Amazon. Breakfast as usual good. Nice American food.

Now, on the issues...

It could have been more better if they provide plates and fork in the room. It will help when we get some food to room. Everytime, I had to ask front desk folks to get me a plate and fork. And those are throw away plates. So you cant even use it in micro oven. And then, I had some trouble with my billing. But they were quick enough to sort that out quickly. I had these kind of small niggles throughout my stay. I had little high expectations due to its #1 ranking here.

Overall, Decent stay, bit definitely not the best.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Savannah B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us! Feedback is our most valuable tool in ensuring the comfort of our guests. We use the feedback to evaluate which areas we are exceeding our guest expectations and which areas we have room for growth.

We apologize that the experience was not the same as the Homewood Suites. There are differences between the two hotels due to their brands. I am glad that the front desk took good care of you during your stay. I will be sure to let them know they did a good job.

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center
Hilton Phoenix Chandler
Hilton Phoenix Chandler
#4 of 32 in Chandler
Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center
Comfort Inn - Chandler / Phoenix South
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Gilbert
Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Tempe

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center? Share your experiences!