I travel from New Mexico to California and back several times a year. About two years ago I started splitting the trip in half, and stayed in the Phoenix area. I usually would stay at a Marriott Courtyard wherever I traveled, and tried two in the Phoenix area -- so-so. Last year my Mom was with me and we tried something different -- we stayed at the Hampton Inn Chandler Fashion Center, and what a surprise! The room was huge, clean, and appropriately set up. The manager, Betty Ann Spadaro, took great care of us, and sent us down the street to the Sushi Room (celebrating my Mom's b'day). Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fantastic -- not just the basic Continental breakfast...
Fast forward a month or two... I don't know why, but I went back to working on my Marriott rewards :-( Since my stay at Hampton Inn last year I have stayed at 3 Marriott properties, and each visit was a little more of a letdown than the last. On May 31 after driving for five hours I went to check in to the Fairfield Inn Chandler at about 3:30pm (just after normal check-in time). Since this is a glowing review about Hampton Inn and not a complaint about Fairfield, I'll keep it to this: after almost an hour of going around and around because they didn't have the room I booked, and were basically out of rooms because of a big, chaotic wedding party that checked in, I jumped in my car, drove across the street to the Hampton Inn, and "Jocelyn" had me checked into a suite within 5 minutes! After the chaos across the street and the 100+ temperature, it was a relief to plop down on an amazing Hampton bed :-)
My best friend met me the next day for a weekend of shopping and goofing off. She travels a lot and likes to stay at 'resort' hotels, and was a little skeptical. Turns out she loved the place, the suite with the giant vanity counter that is outside of the bathroom, the twin-properties (Homewood Suites next door, and both pools are available to all guests), the quieter location (not in the middle of bustling Phoenix), location to shopping, great food, Old Town Chandler, etc., and the breakfast! (She loved that there were Asian food choices too.) Plenty of parking too, lots of it in the shade.
I can keep raving about this Hampton Inn, but mostly I just want to say thanks to Betty Ann Spadaro, and everyone that works there! On this particular trip I also dealt with Jocelyn, Stephan and Amy, and unfortunately I didn't get the names of anyone else who was there, but they were all so great! At the risk of forfeiting all my Marriott rewards, I am now officially an HHonors member and will see my new 'friends' every few months in Chandler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center is less than one mile from the Chandler Fashion Center Mall. The upscale shopping destination is perfect for picking up a few souvenirs or a brand new wardrobe! Continue your shopping excursion on Roosevelt Row in hip and trendy downtown Phoenix. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler Fashion Hotel Chandler
- Hampton Inn And Suites Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center