“Service Everywhere Was Terrible!”

Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
Glendale,AZ
“Service Everywhere Was Terrible!”
Reviewed November 12, 2009

This beautiful hotel is not ready for business. The facility is beautiful, the rooms are beautiful, but not one area of the hotel is up to speed. I'm not sure if it is management, the economy making them short handed or what - every aspect was disappointing. The check in process went well after waiting in line, the room was great. But we cut our trip short because the room was not cleaned. We left the room at 10:30am placing the sign on the door requesting service. At 6pm, after 4 calls for service, we just gave up and checked out. You wait at the Players Club, in the restaurants, in the casino for drinks, it was amazing. I hope they get this together soon. Their other hotel is run by Starwood Resorts and the experience is much different. They could use a consulting help.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank jaybeeaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
arizona
Reviewed November 1, 2009

I booked my stay months in advance because I wanted to experience the Grand Opening, October 30!! Awesome room!

Upon arrival, the valet parked my car and the bellman, Jeff, assisted me with my bags. I forgot my wallet in the car and Jeff waited patiently while I retrieved it. The front desk attendant, Chris, was friendly and informative.

Imagine my surprise to receive a three-piece set of luggage and a delicious box of chocolate for being one of the first guests to stay the first night. The room was nicely decorated and the duvet was elegant. I had a view of the highway but the skyline was beautiful. The bathroom was decorated in rich brown tones. However, the door was heavy and awkward. The free wireless network was a plus1

After I unpacked, I went downstairs for dinner. The casino was smoky and crowded. I don’t gamble so finding a good meal was my goal. So imagine my excitement when I was told that a Don Shula’s restaurant was on property. Unfortunately, the wait was 2 hours and I did not get to experience/eat a good steak… what a disappointment! At the food court, the lines were long and the cashier was not trained properly. Hopefully, the problems will be solved within a month.

I slept wonderfully in the amazingly comfortable bed. I wanted to stay another night but had a family emergency. I hope to find a good rate so that I can return again and experience Shula’s.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank defs76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
Talking Stick Resort
Talking Stick Resort
#41 of 75 in Scottsdale
Best Westerrn Plus Chandler Hotel & Suites
Comfort Inn - Chandler / Phoenix South
Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler
Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa

Been to Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!