“Great Hotel!”

Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Chandler
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed after Christmas while visiting my aunt in Sun Lakes. Outstanding customer service, very welcoming, very nice room, perfect place to stay! Ideal for relaxing and just enjoying time away from home!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beverly M

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Visiting Family in AZ & decided to stay at Wild Horse in December.

The Good:

Hotel rooms are modern, clean and smoke free. Very comfy bed, nice bathroom, free bottled water with in-room coffee maker. Housekeeping is outstanding. Good security as you need your room key to access hotel room elevators. Plenty of free parking or you can use their valet service. Access to the highway is very close.

The Bad:

Wi-Fi did not work for my I-Pad or I-Phone. When I asked at the front desk for assistance with this problem, two employees said that there is a "glitch" with the system and maybe if I "roamed" around the hallways with my device I might get a signal that way. PLEASE! Also I was told that checking out via the TV set was not working at this time. So, a couple of issues there for hotel management to work on.

The Smokey:

The attached casino smells like an ashtray. There is a tiny (very tiny) non-smoking area that also smells like smoke. The ashtrays by the slot machines were dirty with many cig butts in them. This casino needs to utilize their fresh outdoor air intake into their ventilation system and clean the ashtrays. I know they can afford this - the place was packed with people spending money. Just because a casino allows smoking does not give it a right to choke you with smoke when you are playing! This is the smokiest casino I have ever been to.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank chitown73
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My daughter asked us to join them in an overnight stay at this hotel on Christmas eve....... Although we are quite traditional in our Christmas views, we did attend and had a good stay. The service was good, the room clean and comfortable. We slept well and Santa did find us.

Room Tip: Not much for views......but most stay here for the Casino use.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I saw the Wild Horse Casino on an internet list stating that it was NonSmoking. I realize that is is probably on an Indian reservation, so I just wanted to set the record straight. Much to my disappointment, the Wild Horse is NOT NonSmoking. It was actually very smoky. I went there on a weekday morning and it also did NOT have any $5 Blackjack. The "Circus" bet pays 2-1 when you have a "Flush", But the odds are quite obviously more like 3-1. So sorry, but I give it a big thumbs down.
One plus is that a new Premium Outlet mall was built a little more than 0.5 miles away by the Casino. The roadways in the area are laid out quite randomly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank FrontRoow
WildHorsePass, Manager at Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

We're sorry you were disappointed in your visit to the casino. Just to clarify, the casino allows smoking, but the hotel is strictly non-smoking. We also have a non-smoking area in the casino as well. Glad you enjoyed the outlet shopping though!

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

I spent two nights here for business and overall the hotel was great. The room was clean, quiet and the bed was comfortable. The casino has a very small non smoking section. The smoking section is very smokey so be prepared to smell like smoke. The staff was super friendly. If I were looking for a gambling hotel I would stay here.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This was a nice place to stay and gamble if you are a smoker. The hotel claims to be non smoking but the ventilation system pipes in all the recycled air from the casino filled with the smoke smell right into your non smoking room. Bad filters maybe. Even the clean bed sheets smell like smoke. Non smokers beware if you plan to stay the night. I would have to rate this place a 2 star due to the smoke laced non smoking rooms. I would rate everything else excellent the decor is great. Very good food and the gambling is great fun. To Bad they can't get the smoke smell out of there hotel. pool closed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jerri20
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Had a wonderful time. Enjoy my stay every time I go there. Definitely one of my favorite places. It's the best place for good fun with my friends and great music to dance to, with great drink prices...and close to home.

• Stayed: November 2013