All reviews food court slot machines shula's steakhouse non smoking section table games poker room corner suite outlet mall hotel is beautiful standard room room key pool area is the entire hotel stayed nights nice room phoenix area gambling
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Our trip to Cancun was canceled due to flight delays and the inability to get connections on time,so we left the airport in Mesa around 1:30am very bummed. On the way back to Tucson we decided to make the best out of a crummy situation and find a room. We stopped at Wild Horse and they said the room price was over $200/night,but if I got a players card it would be about $120. So I get a players card and STEPHANIE KNOX who was working the front desk heard my story and she said " I cand get you a rate of $50/night because of the time,and if you want to stay another night I will give you the same rate." Stephanie made our situation a whole lot better and was very happy to help us. Kudos to you STEPHANIE KNOX!

Room tip: lose the waterproof matress cover! Makes for a disruptful and sweaty sleep!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Went on a Saturday night, March 10th!.
Stinky, smoked filled, over run by 60 plus old timers, and almost impossible to get a seat at the slot machines.
Took me 30 minutes to get a coke, the "cafeteria" was literally littered with trash on the floor. The casino was just horrid, not even close to the ones in Vegas....DO NOT waste your time!!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank colormehappy411
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed 4 nights, Wednesday night through Sunday morning. Myself and a friend were in the Phoenix area on a short vacation to attend spring training baseball and some golfing. Even though I'm not much a gambler, I was happy we picked this hotel to stay. The many restaurants on the property gave us a quick and convenient way to dine every day with a great selection of food types to chose from. A 24 cafe, fast food court, and more formal dining are all just an elevator ride and short walk away.
At night we like to get out and drink some cocktails. The casino and multiple bars on the property were also very convenient. 2 of the bars had live entertainment, which I enjoyed. Arizona has some very tough DUI laws. You don't want to end up in tent city wearing a jumpsuit.
I think all the complaints about smoke in the casino are over blown. Wednesday and Thursday night I noticed very little. On Friday night there was maybe a little smoke in the air, but I didn't think it was big deal. Was there early Saturday night, the busiest night, and it was the same as Friday. I am not a smoker. The room also smelled fine.

Tip for beer drinkers: Beer is 6$/ bottle at the casino. If you want to save some money go to the gas station across the street and buy a pack of beer and a bag of ice. Keep it in your room and go to your room for a cold one when you are empty.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank WisconsinTed
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed with my husband in Dec 2012. Hotel's physical appearance was very nice and clean. The smell of cigarette and cigars was very strong everywhere, even in our room. I would not recommend bringing kids, at least not anyone elementary age or younger. Walls are pretty thin, you can hear other guests while in your room. Nice decor in rooms, and the views from the rooms are breathtaking. The parking lot is quite a treck to get through if you don't want to take advantage of valet parking. We didn't use the pool but it looked very inviting. While we would not recommend this for families, adults would have a good time in the casino, bars, and restaurants.

Room tip: Try to get a room on an upper level facing the west.
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mommeeah
Reviewed February 15, 2013

this is 1 of the poorest managed hotels I have ever been at.they've lost reservations, the rooms have not been ready when they were supposed to be and the staff is slower than a snail. The rooms reek of smoke from the casino even though they are smoke free. The restaurant service is poor and the room service is very very slow. Find another place any place.

Date of stay: February 2013