“Convenient for Spring Training Trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino

Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
Wisconsin
“Convenient for Spring Training Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed 4 nights, Wednesday night through Sunday morning. Myself and a friend were in the Phoenix area on a short vacation to attend spring training baseball and some golfing. Even though I'm not much a gambler, I was happy we picked this hotel to stay. The many restaurants on the property gave us a quick and convenient way to dine every day with a great selection of food types to chose from. A 24 cafe, fast food court, and more formal dining are all just an elevator ride and short walk away.
At night we like to get out and drink some cocktails. The casino and multiple bars on the property were also very convenient. 2 of the bars had live entertainment, which I enjoyed. Arizona has some very tough DUI laws. You don't want to end up in tent city wearing a jumpsuit.
I think all the complaints about smoke in the casino are over blown. Wednesday and Thursday night I noticed very little. On Friday night there was maybe a little smoke in the air, but I didn't think it was big deal. Was there early Saturday night, the busiest night, and it was the same as Friday. I am not a smoker. The room also smelled fine.

Tip for beer drinkers: Beer is 6$/ bottle at the casino. If you want to save some money go to the gas station across the street and buy a pack of beer and a bag of ice. Keep it in your room and go to your room for a cold one when you are empty.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank WisconsinTed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Chandler, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed with my husband in Dec 2012. Hotel's physical appearance was very nice and clean. The smell of cigarette and cigars was very strong everywhere, even in our room. I would not recommend bringing kids, at least not anyone elementary age or younger. Walls are pretty thin, you can hear other guests while in your room. Nice decor in rooms, and the views from the rooms are breathtaking. The parking lot is quite a treck to get through if you don't want to take advantage of valet parking. We didn't use the pool but it looked very inviting. While we would not recommend this for families, adults would have a good time in the casino, bars, and restaurants.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on an upper level facing the west.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mommeeah
Lighthouse Point, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

this is 1 of the poorest managed hotels I have ever been at.they've lost reservations, the rooms have not been ready when they were supposed to be and the staff is slower than a snail. The rooms reek of smoke from the casino even though they are smoke free. The restaurant service is poor and the room service is very very slow. Find another place any place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Leslie B
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

The rooms at this location were nice but a little tight and boring (maybe because they do not want you sitting in and enjoying the room). The casino was ok but nothing that really caught my eye. The diner restaurant was average and the location view was boring. The entertainment lineup is one to check out though. This might be agood spot to check a concert and do a little gamblingin a night but not a weekend/week location.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sean P
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

The casino was so smokey because you are allowed to smoke in there that I could stay very long, which was good because the slots were about as tight as my co workers wallet. It was nice that they had a shuttle service to the other hotels in the area but the shuttle driver took her time and you had to wait over half an hour for it. The casino's non- smoking section consisted of about 8 slot machines next to the hotel lobby, very sad.

Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Wongchez
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I chose this hotel on a whim at the last minute and found a good rate, but I won't stay here again. The rooms were nice and it wasn't far from home but here are the things that I did not like: First of all, you have to remember this is on the property with a casino so the place smells like cigarette smoke. If you have breathing problems, don't stay here. Secondly, the beds were not that great. The pillows were hard and I woke up with a kinked neck. Lastly, the most unfortunate part of my stay was that I looked forward to the dining experience here and it was a huge disappointment. The whole place was packed so the restaurant and food court options were bad ideas. Then my guest and I figured we would just order room service and stay in. Well the room service menu had hardly any options (nothing thrilling at all) and when we tried to call for room service we got a voicemail asking that we leave our name and room number and they would call back. We waited and hour and still didn't get a call so we went off campus and drove to Ahwatukee for dinner. I'm not sure if this was just an overly busy night or if this is standard at this hotel, but I won't be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jenilee123
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

My family stayed here for 4 night because of a wedding in the area.This hotel did have excellent service in all the restaurants & the front dest was very accommodating too. BUT do not bring your children to this hotel as they are not allowed in most places. This is an Indian casino visited especially by older folks 60 & up, with an emphasis on the 70-80+ years old group. I must note, unhealthy looking patrons & I have never seen so many chain smokers gathered in one place. Keep in mind, because this hotel has a casino it is not like a family hotel. It is open to smoke everywhere! I could not handle the cigarette smoke that was everywhere I went. They did offer 10 chairs that were zoned non-smoking, but what a joke, as it was surrounded by a heavy plume of smoke just the same. There is a very nice pool, but it was broken and closed during our stay. So sadly, no kid activities on our visit. The gym was very nice & mostly unused.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank gal-gallivanting
WildHorsePass, Manager at Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and the kind words about our service! I'm sorry your children didn't have much to do. The average age of our guest is 35, and because most stay to enjoy the casino and our 21 and up entertainment venues, we don't have much for children. While the hotel is smoke-free, smoking is allowed in the casino. We get some very positive comments about the clean air in the hotel, while others are still bothered by the smoking in the casino. Our sister hotel the Sheraton at Wild Horse Pass is more kid-friendly if you are in the area again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
Talking Stick Resort
Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort
Vee Quiva Hotel & Casino
Vee Quiva Hotel & Casino
#63 of 173 in Phoenix

Been to Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!