“find someplace else”

Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
Lighthouse Point, Florida, United States
“find someplace else”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

this is 1 of the poorest managed hotels I have ever been at.they've lost reservations, the rooms have not been ready when they were supposed to be and the staff is slower than a snail. The rooms reek of smoke from the casino even though they are smoke free. The restaurant service is poor and the room service is very very slow. Find another place any place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Leslie B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

The rooms at this location were nice but a little tight and boring (maybe because they do not want you sitting in and enjoying the room). The casino was ok but nothing that really caught my eye. The diner restaurant was average and the location view was boring. The entertainment lineup is one to check out though. This might be agood spot to check a concert and do a little gamblingin a night but not a weekend/week location.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sean P
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

The casino was so smokey because you are allowed to smoke in there that I could stay very long, which was good because the slots were about as tight as my co workers wallet. It was nice that they had a shuttle service to the other hotels in the area but the shuttle driver took her time and you had to wait over half an hour for it. The casino's non- smoking section consisted of about 8 slot machines next to the hotel lobby, very sad.

Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Wongchez
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I chose this hotel on a whim at the last minute and found a good rate, but I won't stay here again. The rooms were nice and it wasn't far from home but here are the things that I did not like: First of all, you have to remember this is on the property with a casino so the place smells like cigarette smoke. If you have breathing problems, don't stay here. Secondly, the beds were not that great. The pillows were hard and I woke up with a kinked neck. Lastly, the most unfortunate part of my stay was that I looked forward to the dining experience here and it was a huge disappointment. The whole place was packed so the restaurant and food court options were bad ideas. Then my guest and I figured we would just order room service and stay in. Well the room service menu had hardly any options (nothing thrilling at all) and when we tried to call for room service we got a voicemail asking that we leave our name and room number and they would call back. We waited and hour and still didn't get a call so we went off campus and drove to Ahwatukee for dinner. I'm not sure if this was just an overly busy night or if this is standard at this hotel, but I won't be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jenilee123
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My family stayed here for 4 night because of a wedding in the area.This hotel did have excellent service in all the restaurants & the front dest was very accommodating too. BUT do not bring your children to this hotel as they are not allowed in most places. This is an Indian casino visited especially by older folks 60 & up, with an emphasis on the 70-80+ years old group. I must note, unhealthy looking patrons & I have never seen so many chain smokers gathered in one place. Keep in mind, because this hotel has a casino it is not like a family hotel. It is open to smoke everywhere! I could not handle the cigarette smoke that was everywhere I went. They did offer 10 chairs that were zoned non-smoking, but what a joke, as it was surrounded by a heavy plume of smoke just the same. There is a very nice pool, but it was broken and closed during our stay. So sadly, no kid activities on our visit. The gym was very nice & mostly unused.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank gal-gallivanting
WildHorsePass, Manager at Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and the kind words about our service! I'm sorry your children didn't have much to do. The average age of our guest is 35, and because most stay to enjoy the casino and our 21 and up entertainment venues, we don't have much for children. While the hotel is smoke-free, smoking is allowed in the casino. We get some very positive comments about the clean air in the hotel, while others are still bothered by the smoking in the casino. Our sister hotel the Sheraton at Wild Horse Pass is more kid-friendly if you are in the area again.
Sun City West, AZ
Reviewed December 25, 2012

This hotel met all of our expectations.. Every aspect of the property was excellent. The room was clean and most comfortable. Linens and pillows are some of the best we have experienced.
Elevator security was very safe because you needed to swipe your room card before you pushed the elevator button to get to your room. We have never seen this before.
Hotel is located right off the I-10 freeway with easy and quick access to other locations in the Metropolitan Phoenix area.
The staff was most helpful and friendly including Marcia who greeted us at the front desk upon arrival.
The casino and many eating places are adjoining the hotel. The fanciest is Don Shula's Steakhouse.
We are happy to recommend this hotel

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor with a nice view. Closer to the top than the bottom.