“2 thumbs up from a local resident.....”

Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Chandler
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My partner and I live in the Phoenix metro area and attended a wedding near the casino recently. Most of the out of town guests for the wedding stayed at the casino as well. I could have easily gone back home after the wedding, but we decided to have a night out and stay. The room was fantastic. We had a large 2.5 room suite with 2 separate bathrooms. The decor was very modern and extremely tasteful. The room was quite to include the air/heat ventilation. Modern conveniences included a flat screen tv that raises and lowers into a cabinet at the foot of the bed, wi-fi (expected), multiple high tech telephones, iPod docking station for music, etc.

We even treated ourselves to breakfast via room service. We ordered the night before and breakfast was delivered hot, on-time and by a friendly server. The best part about it, the price of breakfast was not too terribly far off from a nice restaurant.....and I didn't even have to get dressed up!

I'd recommend it for all the things listed above and for the noon check-out!

Room Tip: Typical: Highest floor, furthest from elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We were there for concert. The chairs in the venue were like the middle seat on an airplane. They were folding chairs with cup holders. The rooms were nice but you could hear every word through the walls in the next room. I feel the room was over priced. The pictures on the website make it look much larger than it actually is. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed here 2 years ago and loved it so much we couldn't wait to go back, the decor is lovely and it's clean, clean, clean! would recommend the 24/7 cafe who do a great breakfast for $3.99! the only downside is the noise from the off-road race track but that's a small price to pay...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed October 26, 2012

was awesome, had a fashion show here. huge place but very classy and has everything right in the reach of your fingers.. would definitly say ther again! rooms nice.. great location , nice poolwas awesome, had a fashion show here. huge place but very classy and has everything right in the reach of your fingers.. would definitly say ther again! rooms nice.. great location , nice pool

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Wild Horse Pass Hotel and Casino is just that, a casino with a hotel. The rooms were clean, sheets, towels and beds were excellant. Fabulous Wild Horse in the lobby and a great location in what was once desert land outside of Phoenix. Only 20 minutes from the Airport. The restaurant was Casino style, comfort food without the high price. WiFi was included in the room -- Bonus! Great experience though the cleaning disinfectant was evident through out the casino side of the resort. Over all -- Very good! And I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Enjoy yourself. Did not do the swimming pool though it was big and very inviting.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The rooms are nice, a bit on the small side, but look nice. Its the finishing to this hotel and casino that rubs me the wrong way. Shower curtain liner has mold on it, bath towels (that are about the size of my hand towels at home) dingy and had stains on them. The property is non-smoking but smoke can be smelled everywhere. The worst part about the rooms were the paper-thin walls. We came mid-week when the hotel wasnt booked up and still could hear the conversations of people in adjoining rooms and in the hallway. But it was the 2 am karaoke party in the next room that did me in. I gave "sleep quality" a rating of terrible only because I was awakened several times during the night because of noise from other rooms. The bed and linens were fine though. I gave "breakfast" a poor rating because a continental breakfast with a pot of coffee was $35.00. Service itself was friendly.
This hotel has a 4 diamond award, and while the staff we encountered were friendly, this hotel is pretty chintzy for 4 diamond. Unlike Vegas, this seemed to be a place that caters to the elderly folks and people who dont like finishing touches. Probably will not return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank nhonzel
WildHorsePass, Manager at Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

We appreciate your taking the time to write a review. Your housekeeping comments gave us special concern. We typically get high marks for cleanliness and have passed your experience along to our housekeeping department. We also apologize for the noisy guests next door. We have plenty of lively places in our casino and lounges for guests who are not ready to quiet down for the night. If we are aware of the problem, we can usually find them a fun alternative to being in their rooms. We're very sorry you had a poor experience.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino was booked up, so my wife and I stayed at the Wild Horse Pass Hotel Resort a mile down the road. We came to the casino to play some slots and have a few drinks. Every bar that we went to, the bar tenders were unfriendly and acted as if we were taking up time. I got to be somewhat funny, but every time we walked up to a bar, the bartender would look right at us and without saying a word walk to the other side of the bar or disappear into the storage room. We sat at a table in the circular in the middle of the casino and I noticed that someone had left a $1 bill under the ash tray. There were no cocktail waitresses, so I assumed that it was for the bar tender. I brought the $1 bill up to the bar and the bar tender turned away from me to punch a ticket into the register. No problem. A bar back right next to her who was stalking to me that she'd be right with me. I tried to tell him that I was just wanting to give her the dollar bill and he cut me off and ubruptly said "I said, she'll be right with you". I waited and when she was done with the register she turned around and asked me what I wanted to order. I told her about the dollar bill and handed it to her. She took it and said thanks and as she was walking away I asked if I could order a beer. She said "I'll be right back" and kept on walking. We left.
I have never played so many slots with so many pulls on each and didn't win anything. Save your money and go someplace else. Slots are too tight. Staff is unfriendly and don't care.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Randy A

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We're sorry you had a bad experience in our casino. We are a very popular spot and some of our bartenders were obviously not at their best. We have shared your review with our staff so we can continue to strive to ensure all our guests feel valued and enjoy their visit here. Thanks again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center
Talking Stick Resort
Talking Stick Resort
#41 of 75 in Scottsdale
Comfort Inn - Chandler / Phoenix South
Best Westerrn Plus Chandler Hotel & Suites
Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort
Hampton Inn Phoenix/Chandler

Been to Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!