“Just Ok”

Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Chandler
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The rooms are nice, a bit on the small side, but look nice. Its the finishing to this hotel and casino that rubs me the wrong way. Shower curtain liner has mold on it, bath towels (that are about the size of my hand towels at home) dingy and had stains on them. The property is non-smoking but smoke can be smelled everywhere. The worst part about the rooms were the paper-thin walls. We came mid-week when the hotel wasnt booked up and still could hear the conversations of people in adjoining rooms and in the hallway. But it was the 2 am karaoke party in the next room that did me in. I gave "sleep quality" a rating of terrible only because I was awakened several times during the night because of noise from other rooms. The bed and linens were fine though. I gave "breakfast" a poor rating because a continental breakfast with a pot of coffee was $35.00. Service itself was friendly.
This hotel has a 4 diamond award, and while the staff we encountered were friendly, this hotel is pretty chintzy for 4 diamond. Unlike Vegas, this seemed to be a place that caters to the elderly folks and people who dont like finishing touches. Probably will not return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank nhonzel
WildHorsePass, Manager at Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

We appreciate your taking the time to write a review. Your housekeeping comments gave us special concern. We typically get high marks for cleanliness and have passed your experience along to our housekeeping department. We also apologize for the noisy guests next door. We have plenty of lively places in our casino and lounges for guests who are not ready to quiet down for the night. If we are aware of the problem, we can usually find them a fun alternative to being in their rooms. We're very sorry you had a poor experience.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino was booked up, so my wife and I stayed at the Wild Horse Pass Hotel Resort a mile down the road. We came to the casino to play some slots and have a few drinks. Every bar that we went to, the bar tenders were unfriendly and acted as if we were taking up time. I got to be somewhat funny, but every time we walked up to a bar, the bartender would look right at us and without saying a word walk to the other side of the bar or disappear into the storage room. We sat at a table in the circular in the middle of the casino and I noticed that someone had left a $1 bill under the ash tray. There were no cocktail waitresses, so I assumed that it was for the bar tender. I brought the $1 bill up to the bar and the bar tender turned away from me to punch a ticket into the register. No problem. A bar back right next to her who was stalking to me that she'd be right with me. I tried to tell him that I was just wanting to give her the dollar bill and he cut me off and ubruptly said "I said, she'll be right with you". I waited and when she was done with the register she turned around and asked me what I wanted to order. I told her about the dollar bill and handed it to her. She took it and said thanks and as she was walking away I asked if I could order a beer. She said "I'll be right back" and kept on walking. We left.
I have never played so many slots with so many pulls on each and didn't win anything. Save your money and go someplace else. Slots are too tight. Staff is unfriendly and don't care.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Randy A

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We're sorry you had a bad experience in our casino. We are a very popular spot and some of our bartenders were obviously not at their best. We have shared your review with our staff so we can continue to strive to ensure all our guests feel valued and enjoy their visit here. Thanks again.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Rooms are clean,but small. They advertise free internert,but there is a $10.00 charge when you get there! Shuttle service has been discontinued! Room wasn't ready when I arrived,they said I would be called on my Cell when one was available, no call, I had to check back. No one at Bell Desk to take my luggage! Casino is o.k.,but don't go early in AM when they are servicing the machines,they were rude! Most of the other employees were friendly and helpful! No Life Guard at Pool! Food is o.k. Cafe 24/7 does have a great $3.99 breakfast! No entertainment during the week! No Spa,but a gigantic fitness room.Saw 2 people in there in 5 days! I could go on! Would not recommend this!

Room Tip: Don't bother pay the extra $20.00 for a balcony room. They all face the pool!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank linda p
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were in for a convention and had a 4am wake up call to get to work. No Water. No shower, sink, no warning. Off for more than an hour, we were all late to work. When the water finally did come back on, it was a brown slush for more than 20 minutes. Hotel was complete unresponsive, and not apologetic at all. Asked for the GM, and was given Denise [--], who apparently, doesn't work on weekends, when the hotel and casino would be in most need of a leader. We understand that hotels have "maintenance needs" but a simple warning via voice mail in our room or a note under the door would have helped us plan our morning, so we all weren't late. The front desk staff had no authority, and all whispered about us behind our back (Vincent [--], the Front Desk Supervisor, should know better) It's been three days, four phone calls, and still not a return call from "management." Would never go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank whywhywhydelilah
Reviewed October 1, 2012

enjoyed staying at wild horse pass hotel, great food , large pools, attentive wait staff ,looking forward to going there again and thoroughly relaxing, i have recommended it to many of my friends , there are also plenty of attractions in the area ,scottsdale especially, old town scottsdale is an old fashioned western style shopping area with plenty of fine restaurants and shops

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Spent just one night here, but would come back should the occasion arise. We came mainly for a Friday night concert, and since we had a 3 hour drive one way from home, we decided to spend the night.

We had a double room on the 4th floor, overlooking the pool. The room was small, clean, and comfortable. The beds are very comfortable, except I really dislike how they are made up....both flat sheets (no fitted sheet on the bottom) tucked tightly under the mattress so when you pull back the top sheet, the whole bed comes apart.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. There was a slight smell of smoke, even though the entire hotel is supposed to be smoke-free. I'm sure the smell permeates the building from the casino area. Or maybe I was smelling my own clothes/hair after being there for a few hours. The buildings and grounds looked very well maintained. We have limited experience with "Indian" casinos, but feel Wild Horse is a cut above, and is on the same level as Las Vegas. The hotel and casino are right off the I-10 freeway, but it was very quiet.

The only cons:
we could not get the wifi to work. We tried numerous times, but it would not work. Signal strength was poor. Good thing we had an iPad with 3g service.
Price is high - we paid $170 for one night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank neeliec
Reviewed September 15, 2012

What a wonderful treat to be able to have a GREAT overnight experience so close to home. My husband and I went to Wild Horse Pass for the first time and will definitely be back. We live in Scottsdale but did not want to drive home after attending a concert at Ovations concert hall on property at Wild Horse. I am VERY happy to report the Resort is wonderful! VERY CLEAN and the rooms are decorated beautifully. We had outstanding service from the moment we arrived. We had dinner at Shulas and it was 5 Star!! The venue doesn't have a bad seat. We had such a great experience that we are going back for an overnight in a few weeks to see another concert. Highly recommend!!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple