WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Courtyard Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center

Courtyard Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
Seattle, Washington
“The lobby looked fine...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I wouldn't know how the rooms are because they oversold and didn't have a room for me when I arrived after 5+ hours of airport delays due to a security issue. Yes, I arrived late but the room was prepaid and I wasn't even sure if I was flying out or not due to the security issue so making a phone call to my hotel wasn't at the top of my list.
The inept front desk person then tried to move me to a Comfort Inn. I paid $180/night for a Courtyard and they want to move me to a Comfort Inn at the same cost?! I declined and told them to find another hotel. He then called the Crown Plaza (much better customer service and staff) and then asked "Um, are you like, a good hotel?" Really?!?! He tells me it is just down the road...turns out almost 5 miles away and prints out bad directions. I then have to call the Crown Plaza to get the actual directions after getting lost.
Turns out most of the hotels around are sold out...not even sure if thye will have a place for me to sleep tonight and it's wasted my day for my work trip. The again terrible customer service told me this morning they would call me if/when a room was available for check-in. Yes, I am sitting around all day waiting for you to call me...I don't have specific business reasons to be in Chandler.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
CYFFIFashionCenterGM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Mr. Meyer,
I'm sorry to hear that our service was not to your standards, we try our best to accommodate you, our guest, and make your stay as comfortable as possible. Unfortunately on occasion our hotel does get oversold, and when this happens we do our best to relocate guests to available comparable hotels; despite the rough start, I hope the rest of your stay was comfortable. Again, my deepest apologies for the inconvenience and I hope that you are willing to give us a second chance next time you come to Chandler. If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me at hunter.carmichael@whitelodging.com.

Hunter Carmichael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Thornton, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Overall, a good standard Marriott experience. Rooms were spacious, well maintained, but showing a bit of wear, which is unusual, as this is a fairly new hotel. Refrigerators available in the rooms, but no microwaves. Clean, quiet, with lots of restaurants and shopping about one mile away at the mall. Small, boutique restaurant in the lobby, serving light meals and expensive drinks. Excellent workout room and pool area. Water pressure in the shower varied greatly each morning I was there - not sure what that was all about.

Room Tip: Rooms are much quieter on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CYFFIFashionCenterGM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I have shared your feedback with my entire team in effort of continuous improvement. Regarding your comment about microwaves I wanted you to know that we do offer them in all Queen/Queen bedrooms. We don’t offer them in the King bedrooms but we do have a few available if you ever need one while staying in a King room. We appreciate your choosing us and we hope to see you soon during your next visit to Chandler. If you have any other suggestions you can email directly at hunter.carmichael@whitelodging.com

Regards,

Jensen Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

My parents live in Sun Lakes and we needed a convenient hotel near their house. We chose this hotel and were not disappointed at all. Very modern comfortable, spotless. Convenient to many restaurants, 15 minutes to the airport. Not a resort hotel, but a great choice for a "business" hotel. They have a boarding pass center to allow you to print out your airline pass in the lobby.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CYFFIFashionCenterGM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Ed,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we really appreciate it, and are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were happy with our facility. We look forward to seeing you next time you come to visit!

Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

We had the opportunity to stay at this hotel this past Sunday. Corey was working the front desk upon our arrival and demonstrated excellent customer service skills from printing directions for us to get to dinner to making me a cup of coffee (deli was currently closed) and remembered my name each and every time we passed through the front lobby.

Corey is a great asset to your hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor facing the front parking lot. We had no issue with noise of any kind
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CYFFIFashionCenterGM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Pamela, thank you for taking the time to share your response of our hotel and specifically our associate Cory. We appreciate the feedback and I will personally make sure he and the rest of the team are recognized amongst their peers.
Lubbock, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed for two weekend nights while visiting family in Chandler. The Courtyard is very clean and the rooms are quite modern. The front desk was responsive to questions and was able to provide directions and information. You don't want surprises (at least bad ones) with a chain hotel but I was surprised by the layout of the lobby area. It is very open with a front desk area that is more kiosk like. The young lady with the British accent at the front desk was lovely. It was the last week of the Olympics and she was clearly enthusiastic about it. There are several excellent restaurants not far away near the mall.I would recommend this place for business travelers or familes looking for value.

Room Tip: Don't expect much of a view. Highway on one side and barren field on the other.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank darinsamuel
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

I travel regularly to Chandler for business and this is my go- to hotel. The facility is new, clean and well maintained. The service has always been good and they are very responsive to any issues. For example, for the firsts few times I visited the hotel, I would come back to my room to always find the tv set to Fox News. For a liberal leaning New Yorker, I found this incredibly annoying, and made my opinion known. Now housekeeping puts the TV on a nice neutral Weather Channel while you're out. Similarly, there was some nemergency work that had to be done in the middle of the night. To make it up to us, we got free Marriott points, a hand written note from the general manager and a gift.

I work out in my room when I travel, and the Courtyard has great big rooms with enough space to move.

Room Tip: This hotel is attached to the Fairfield. The Fairfield has free breakfast. The Courtyard has large...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank italionyc
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

I was in Phoenix for a weekend of Spring Training games, and I needed a hotel that made it easy to get to everywhere I was going. This was exactly what I needed. I actually had a reservation at the adjoining hotel (Fairfield Inn), but when I arrived that night they were out of rooms, so they transferred my reservation here.

The staff here was nice and they were accommodating when I requested a higher floor room. The room and lobby are the in the remodeled Courtyard style.

Fashion Center is only a short drive from the hotel, as were plenty of restaurants. As I mentioned it's a good option if you're coming out to Phoenix for Spring Training baseball. It's not far off I-10 and it's about a 20 min drive to the airport.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo