“Great service, poor value”
Review of Ko' Sin

Ko' Sin
Ranked #25 of 666 Restaurants in Chandler
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1-10 & Wild Horse Pass Blvd
Description: Ko'Sin features desert bistro cusine with a Native American flair. Offering breakfast, lunch and dinner Ko'sin, meaning 'kitchen' in the Pima language, delights guests with delectable dishes amid stunning views of the Sierra Estrella Mountain Range.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I had the pleasure of having breakfast one morning with a very distinguished guess who shall remain un named. The service, atmosphere, food, was great but $12-14 for 2 pancakes....outrageous.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Ko' Sin

Reviewed December 17, 2011

Incredible buffet or mouth watering menu choices. Plus add it learning about the Pima Indian reservation and culture and you are in for more than great food. Also a wonderful learning experience

Reviewed November 29, 2011

The food tasted great and the presentation of the food was wonderful!

Reviewed October 12, 2011

Enjoyed onion soup with the house salad for dinner here. Very tasty, large portions. Presentation beautiful.

Our servers were attentive & quick.

Reviewed September 17, 2011

We decided to come here after reading glowing reviews on Tripadvisor and other review sites. I was excited about the style of food using local ingredients and drawing on the influences of the Pima and Maricopa Indian culture of the land on which the resort is situated. My overall impression of the restaurant was that it was good, but not good enough for the price we paid for our food.

The flatbread/crackers and spicy black bean hummus served in lieu of bread was outstanding. Truly delicious. My husband ordered the Native Onion Soup and I ordered a salad with endive, arugula, goat cheese, candied walnuts and prosciutto. The soup was a classic French Onion soup recipe, but made with a mix of local onions. The salad was very large (which I guess was good, considering the $10 price tag), and it was pretty good, although heavy on the greens and prosciutto and light on the cheese and walnuts (my favorite parts.) My husband ordered the buffalo steak which was served with spinach and mashed potatoes. I ordered the pan-seared salmon with polenta and broccolini. The buffalo steak was tender. It was heavy on the mesquite flavoring, probably to cover up the stronger flavor of the buffalo meat. Overall it was very good. My salmon was a tad overcooked and honestly was nothing that I couldn't prepare at home. I've had much better salmon. The broccolini was a little too crisp for my taste, so I couldn't chew it. I did really enjoy the polenta, however.

The setting is beautiful. The resort is situated on gorgeous land and we were eating right at sunset. The service was attentive. (We were one of only two tables in the restaurant at the time.) The food was presented well and tasted good for the most part, but our bill of $100 (without drinks) was far too steep for the food. We did feel that the setting, environment and service was worth some of the price tag and we are glad we experienced it at least once.

2  Thank jennilla