“Great ambiance, attentive service, okay food but pricey”
Review of Ko' Sin

Ko' Sin
Ranked #29 of 665 Restaurants in Chandler
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1-10 & Wild Horse Pass Blvd
Description: Ko'Sin features desert bistro cusine with a Native American flair. Offering breakfast, lunch and dinner Ko'sin, meaning 'kitchen' in the Pima language, delights guests with delectable dishes amid stunning views of the Sierra Estrella Mountain Range.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great ambiance, attentive service, okay food but pricey”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We decided to come here after reading glowing reviews on Tripadvisor and other review sites. I was excited about the style of food using local ingredients and drawing on the influences of the Pima and Maricopa Indian culture of the land on which the resort is situated. My overall impression of the restaurant was that it was good, but not good enough for the price we paid for our food.

The flatbread/crackers and spicy black bean hummus served in lieu of bread was outstanding. Truly delicious. My husband ordered the Native Onion Soup and I ordered a salad with endive, arugula, goat cheese, candied walnuts and prosciutto. The soup was a classic French Onion soup recipe, but made with a mix of local onions. The salad was very large (which I guess was good, considering the $10 price tag), and it was pretty good, although heavy on the greens and prosciutto and light on the cheese and walnuts (my favorite parts.) My husband ordered the buffalo steak which was served with spinach and mashed potatoes. I ordered the pan-seared salmon with polenta and broccolini. The buffalo steak was tender. It was heavy on the mesquite flavoring, probably to cover up the stronger flavor of the buffalo meat. Overall it was very good. My salmon was a tad overcooked and honestly was nothing that I couldn't prepare at home. I've had much better salmon. The broccolini was a little too crisp for my taste, so I couldn't chew it. I did really enjoy the polenta, however.

The setting is beautiful. The resort is situated on gorgeous land and we were eating right at sunset. The service was attentive. (We were one of only two tables in the restaurant at the time.) The food was presented well and tasted good for the most part, but our bill of $100 (without drinks) was far too steep for the food. We did feel that the setting, environment and service was worth some of the price tag and we are glad we experienced it at least once.

2 Thank jennilla

Boise, Idaho
“Good Service, Decent Food and Birds”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We tried out this restaurant since we were there for a conference and had read the reviews. The service was excellent but the food was average and then we were nearly overrun with birds scavenging for the leftovers when we left our table!

Mooresville, North Carolina
“The Best in Chandler, AZ”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Indeed, my title for this review is bold. However, it is true, as far as I'm concerned. If you are searching for casual, low-key-top-of-the-line menu with a view at sunset--especically in Chandler, AZ--this is it. Cocktails and wine by-the-glass will easily help enter you into this "New-Age" experience with old world experience.

Why this wonderful experience is not filled with patrons is beyond me. Ko'Sin, my friends, should be supported. There should be a back-up getting a table.

If this gem of a restaurant were in D.C. or N.Y.C., you would not be able to get a table unless you knew someone who knew someone. In Chandler, you can simply walk-in--no questions asked (bring a kid or two, as well) and get a table with a view, 1-2-3.. What's wrong with this picture?

Artichoke & Crab Dip is one of their "Starters." As is Buffalo Tartare!...

Hello, Chandler! Anyone there?...

Salads include a Belgium Endive & Arugula Salad!... Are you kidding me, in AZ? BUFFALO?.. and ENDIVE? on the same page?... In AZ?... WHAT????

Entrees include correctly prepared Fish Tacos--seared Halibut! Diver Scallops & also Gnocchi, like you've never see it. There is also much more....

If you are anywhere near Chandler, AZ, and you like good service, good food, a great restaurant, this is it, baby!

1 Thank agolfpro2
Broomfield, Colorado
“Variety of menu choices to please a variety of tastes”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We ate breakfast here twice because we were staying at the hotel. It can be difficult to find good vegan meals when traveling with a meat eater but this place was perfect. They were accommodating with cook-to-order requests and the food was exceptional. The whole wheat toast was fresh and homemade, the granola was made from local seeds and nuts, and soy milk was even listed on the menu. I love progressive restaurants and this was perfect! We sat outside and the view and atmosphere was very relaxing for a great morning cup of coffee.

• Visited August 2011
Durango, Colorado
“wonderful experience”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

My waiter Chris Halvorson was top notch! Excellent service!

• Visited June 2011