“Handy & Quiet”

Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
Corpus Christi, TX
“Handy & Quiet”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed at the Comfort Inn, Chandler on a quick trip to Phoenix in October. Found this hotel convenient, near a major intersection, but quiet and out of the flow of busy traffic. Room was clean, staff was helpful with suggested restaurants nearby, and breakfast was sufficient. I would stay there again if in the area. The freeways in Phoenix are easy to use, so don't feel you have to get a room next door to your destination. This one worked great, maybe 20 minutes from the airport.

Room Tip: Had an accessible room on the ground floor. Very handy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Chairman64
Bridgette B, Manager at Comfort Inn - Chandler / Phoenix South, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We do have a great central location right off I-10 and Chandler Blvd. I am so glad that you found our location to your liking. I will share your words about our staff’s customer service with all of them. We do hope that next time you come to chandler you will visit us at the Comfort Inn Chandler- Phoenix South.
Bridgette Bert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The staff at the Comfort Inn in Chandler, AZ were always available to help resolve any of our travel issues, such as providing copy and fax services, printing out boarding passes, providing maps of the area and giving directions. Debbie, who manages the breakfast area, took a great interest in what we were trying to do to help out our family members living in Chandler. She gave us suggestions daily on how to best accomplish our goals and where to go to get things done at a reasonable price. Her smiling face and cheerful attitude greeted us every morning. Her knowledge of the Chandler area was invaluable to us in shopping, directions, and prices. Additionally, she provided a great breakfast to start our days off in a positive manner!

Linda and Larry Martin

• Stayed October 2013
Mr. and Mrs. Martin,
Thank you so much for leaving us such an incredible review. I will make sure to share your uplifting words with Deborah and the Rest of the staff. We serve a hot breakfast each morning with a variety of items. Our business center has free printing 24 hours a day. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay so much and we do hope to see you at the Comfort Inn Chandler- Phoenix South
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Our Men's Senior Baseball League team plays in the senior world series every October and we enjoy our stay at the Comfort Inn in Chandler, Arizona. Especially this year, thanks to Frank who was very kind and went out of his way to help us. Once again, thank you Comfort Inn and Frank.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us each year of your event. We appreciate your feedback as we continue to make improvements to our property year after year. I will share your kind words with Frank and the rest of the staff. We do hope to see you next year and wish you the best of luck next season.
All of us at the Comfort Inn Chandler- Phoenix South
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We ended up at the hotel by using a discount coupon and were very glad we did.
Everyone on the staff is super friendly.
The rooms were nice and clean and we really enjoyed the breakfast.
A few restaurants are in walking distance.
Would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us. We do offer discounted rates all year around. I am so glad we could accommodate you at such a great rate. I will make sure to share your kind words with the entire staff. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and all that our hotel and surroundings offer. Please come see again when your travels bring you back to Chandler, AZ
Sydney
Reviewed October 9, 2013

What stood out most for me is the service. I had earlier that day been in a car accident which delayed my arrival. I was very grateful to have a quick check in and they also personalised a map to highlight the direction to my room which I thought was a nice touch. I found it amusing that they gave me a "gift" which comprised of female hair products (I'm a guy). Gave me a laugh which was much needed. Staff were all friendly and had good attitudes from maintenance staff, breakfast staff to front desk staff. I was also very grateful that local and long distance calls were free which was much needed because after being in an accident it was nice to be able to call a friend.

The room is very nicely renovated with modern like fixtures which made for a pleasant stay in the room. The bed was very firm if you like that sort of thing. I prefer mine to be a bit softer but overall it was still comfortable. The tap and sink is very nice to look at but at the expense of practicality. Brushing my teeth and spitting into the sink required more then lowering my head as the tap was in the way. Bathroom is a bit small and shower could do with better shower pressure. Internet speeds were decent. TV was a nice LCD screen and there were about 12 HD channels with the rest being normal analog. Fridge was quiet and room was quiet too. Carpet was nice and clean.

Property is maintained well and kept clean. Not sure how to describe it but the hallways felt a bit uninviting almost like I wasn't staying in a Comfort Inn but a really good Motel 6. Perhaps it was the original Red Roof Inn refusing to leave!

Breakfast was decent and had the usual suspects including hot items such as omelet and sausage. I didn't like that the omelet had cheese in it. Although they do alternate the omelets each day.

Location is pretty handy for driving to the premium outlets. There isn't much in terms of walking distance but with a car getting to dining options and shopping isn't a problem.

I was disappointed that the first room I was given (427) had problems. The air conditioning was broken, their was something wrong with the plumbing because the cold water was not cold even after turning it on a while, the toilet flush was weak and the door did not close fully. But the important thing is that a hotel fixes things quickly and efficiently and that is what they did. They even went so far to find out rooms that had a different type of air conditioning unit to make sure I got one that worked properly.

I was also extremely disappointed that they did not have Cartoon network. Whenever I stay at a hotel to relax I like to switch off my brain and watch some mindless toons. Nickelodeon just doesn't do the job. Almost everywhere I go there is Cartoon network so I'm not sure why this place doesn't have it.

Price was pretty good with the fall promotion of 30% off.

Overall very good stay and experience. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Avoid room 427. But if they fix the problems I mentioned then kudos to them for listening to and tak...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Bridgette B, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Chandler / Phoenix South, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Wow what an incredible review. Thank you so much for taking the time to write us. We are so glad we could improve the rough day you were having. Our property has been newly renovated and we are so glad you found the furnishings to your liking. We do have a complete hot breakfast each morning and we are continually working on offering different items. We have resolved the maintenance issues with the first room you were checked in. We are sorry for your troubles but so glad we could make it up to you. We are also looking to get more television channels that are not only in High definition but of quantity. We are looking forward to showing you our continuous improvements next time you visit the Comfort Inn Chandler- Phoenix South.
Evergreen
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stopped at the Comfort Inn at Chandler in September 2013. It was great. We used a discount coupon that we picked up at a rest stop. The staff was very attentive, the room was great and the breakfast was very nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for such a wonderful review of our hotel. We are so glad you could stay with us. I will make sure to share your kind words with the entire staff. We offer a full hot breakfast each morning. We have completely remodeled rooms and are so happy you found them to your liking. We are looking forward to your next visit at the Comfort Inn Chandler- Phoenix South.

Nogales, Arizona, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Frank is an excellent hotel representitive, he offers a warm welcome and a pleasing personality to the customers he assists. He meets and exceeds the needs of the customers requests in a very courteous and professional manner. A great worker for you Hotel hands down.

Room Tip: Stay here if you are stopping by Chandler, or on business it's an excellent place and could need...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for such a great review of our hotel. I will make sure to share your kind words with Frank and the rest of the staff. I am so glad we could accommodate you so well and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Chandler, AZ at the Comfort Inn Chandler- Phoenix South