“Great room”

Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great room”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Room was spacious and staff was friendly. From the time I arrived to the time I left everyone had a smile on their face. Breakfast each morning was delightful. My son enjoyed the pool each day. I definitely recommend and will stay there the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bridgette B, Manager at Comfort Inn - Chandler / Phoenix South, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Keith T,
Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Good to hear that you found a few of our amenities to your liking. Please next time you come through Chandler, AZ please come visit us at the Comfort Inn.

Bridgette Bert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Modesto, California
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We are so thrilled with American hotels after living abroad for four years. Service! The staff were incredibly knowlegeable and friendly. When people came late to breakfast, they were extremely accommodating. The hotel is recently refurbished and the bed was Heavenly with lots of pillows and nice bedding. Darkening shades did the trick and our room was quiet. The free WiFi worked well and fast for multiple devices and long distance and local calls were free. The business center offered full servces and copying and printing were complimentary. We didn't use the spa or the workout room but they looked very nice.

The bathtub and toilet were made for pygmies (we have seen several short toilets in AZ and my husband is 6'4") but the shower worked very well. It would be nice to have glass glasses and ceramic cups instead of foam.

Stayed March 2013
Dear FoodiesoftheWorld,
Wow! Thank you so much for you incredible review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed so many of our amenities. Next time you come through Chandler, AZ please come visit us at the Comfort Inn.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Clean, friendly helpful staff, good breakfast, plenty of parking and the location is close to airport and lots of shopping. The rooms were better than expected with a fridge and safe. We will stay here again, and recomend this hotel We stayed for 2 nights.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Drywaljr,
Thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Inn Chandler. We are happy to hear your stay was enjoyable and we welcome you back to Chandler, AZ

Tucson, Arizona, United States
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The room clean and comfortable. It is either fairly new or newly re-decorated. Room was not large, but average size and sufficient for the two of us. We stayed four nights.
Staff was very friendly and wanted to be helpful. The manager was around during breakfast a couple of the mornings during the busy time--cleaning tables, helping visitors, & helping to keep the area neat. The people working the breakfast room was very friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were enjoying our breakfast time.
Two minor issues. The bathroom drain was slow--but since we prefer not to have staff in our room while we are checked in, did not report it until we checked out (so can't complain that they didn't resolve the issue right away).
And we put the card on our bed that says "to save water, put this card on your bed and we will make your bed, but not change the sheets". The first couple days, the bed was not even made for us. Housekeeping came in and changed out the towels (we do like new towels everyday) and left. Again, we did not call the front desk, so its our fault the situation didn't get fixed--but it should have been done right--think this worker was lazy and took shortcuts. (We let them know at checkout). On our last day, it was a different person who attended our room--the bed was made and the the whole room was set up nicer. That was one person, and not the whole staff.)
Front desk was friendly as we came in & out. On the first night, we had a lamp with a burned out bulb. Called the front desk and in 15 minutes, the woman was at our door apologizing for taking so long. I think it probably took that long just to go get the bulb and get up to our room.
Breakfast was typical--cereal, breads/muffins/pastries, waffle maker, fruit, eggs & meat (different kinds each day), juice, coffee/tea & hot chocolate, and frig stocked with yogurt & hard boiled eggs. Coffee, tea & use of the microwave were available all day.
Chandler is a pretty nice area and there's plenty of shopping & restaurants in the area.
We felt this was a very good stay and worth the price (at $100/night a little high but not considering this is Phx during winter visitor & baseball spring training time). We would stay again.
We were in Phoenix for business and add relaxing/personal time to that.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Barb M
Dear Barb M,
Thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Inn Chandler. We appreciate your comments about the situations you observed during your stay. I do apologize for our inconsistencies in housekeeping. I am very sorry some items were over looked. We do use these comments to correct and minimize these situations and we can assure you your next stay with us you will notice these improvements. We are happy to hear your stay in general was a good one and we welcome you back to the Chandler area.
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Good, clean place to stay , except the doors need something in place so they don't bang so much if they close early mornings or late nights, Would have been nice to have a decent sized closet for our length of stay, but we managed, breakfast would be nicer if there was a little more choice , and not the hotdog type sausage .Staff was excellent, esp. Dharmesh at the front desk & Deborah in the breakfast room, will be back next year if we get a similar rate.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank damargin
Dear Damargin,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much appreciated. We welcome your observations regarding our security doors and closet. We do have an ever changing breakfast and hope you will find it to your liking the next time you come to Chandler, AZ. I will make sure to share your kind words with Dharmesh and Deborah. We whole heartedly treasure your business with our hotel and hope to see you again on your next trip through Chandler, AZ
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I thought I was just staying at another Hotel chain. They really made you feel welcome and the rooms were outstanding. Nice big King size bed along with a coffee maker , refrigeator, safe, big tub, and all around clean and cheerful room. The breakfest was ok enough to get you going and meet some interesting people. Had a little trouble with the wifi and couldn't get my boarding passes to print but no problem---they just had me come behind the desk use their computor and print them out. Very helpful and resourceful staff !!!! Great place to stay and close to alot of shops or whatever you may need. Good place to eat across the street at the Speakeasy.

Room Tip: I think they are all nice. All upgraded.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Bridgette B, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Chandler / Phoenix South, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear mrfree,
Thank you so much for leaving a review. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed many of the amenities that our hotel offers. I am so glad our staff could accommodate you on all your needs. We do have great shopping centers and restaurants at our location. We welcome you on your next trip to Comfort INN Chandler
Best Regards,
Modesto
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I like patronizing places where the employees truly care whether customers are satisfied. I was asked a number of times if I needed anything and if everything was good. At the front desk, I asked for a good place to take a walk. The clerk took the time and researched the info for me via the internet. I had a problem with my rewards card. The clerk resolved it for me.
At the breakfast buffet, the lady who put out the food asked me if I needed anything when she saw me looking for something. Then the hotel manager walked by and asked each patron in the dining room whether his or her stay was a good one.
The other reviewers have outlined the positive attributes of this property, so I won't restate them. The only problem I had was originally finding the property. My Google map seemed to place the hotel in the northwest quadrant of the Chandler-Interstate 10 interchange. It is located in the southeast quadrant. A friend who met me at the hotel had the same problem finding the property! The entrance road is just west of the What-A-Burger restaurant.
Arizona has high hotel taxes. Although my room rate was $79 and change, I ended up paying over $90 per night for the room. The $2,50 per night "energy tax", added to the state tax and city tax seemed over the top. I don't blame the hotel for this, but they should let the customer know the final room cost at the time the reservation is made. Most hotels only quote the room rate, so I am willing to overlook this surprise for purpose of this review. I presume all of the other hotels in Chandler have a comparable tax structure.
As a suggestion for improvement, I would like to have seen less ripe bananas served. Sliced melon would have also been great! Even so, there was a nice selection of breakfast items, including sausage and cheese omelet.
I would definitely be willing to stay here again.

Room Tip: Because the elevator is somewhat slow, I prefer a room on the 2nd or first floor. Stairs are availa...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear modestotrekkerl,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am very happy to hear that our staff was attentive and took care of all your needs. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We welcome you on your next trip to Comfort INN Chandler, AZ
Best Regards,