“Excellent for business traveller”

Hilton Phoenix Chandler
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Chandler
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is a great hotel; everything from the room to the restaurant is excellent. I stay here often for work and have only noted a few flaws.

First, the positives: The staff is super friendly and very eager to help. The rooms are very clean and have everything you need including a fridge. There is a mall (Nordstrom, Dillard's) and any restaurant you can think of nearby (Cheesecake Factory, Chili's, etc.). The buffet breakfast is solid and has a nice variety. If you stick with standards (sandwiches, soup, salads), room service is above average. The pool and gym, although small, are more than adequate. The location is perfect... not too far from the airport and easy access to freeways. The bed is standard Hilton...super comfy. Wifi is free if you have status and both wifi and hard wire are available.

Now for the tiny flaws: the showers are weird - they do not have a tub, are narrow, and have glass doors that tend to leak. Some of the rooms have some wear (peeling paint, rust) from water damage. The hotel faces some kind of plant so if you get a room facing north, the view is not so great. They are usually quite full so unless you pay for the upgrade, it is tough to get on the executive floor even with Diamond status. The positives more than compensate for these few flaws however.

Overall, this is an excellent choice for the business traveller.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
William T, Director of Operations at Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Cara W,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience at the Hilton Chandler. It is great to see that our staff has done very well taking care of you during your stays with us. Our Leadership Team will review the flaws you listed and see how we can make improvements.

William Taylor

There are newer reviews for Hilton Phoenix Chandler

Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

For a new hotel I'd expect a better equipped gym. 3 treadmills are quickly tied up in the morning and there is only a single weight machine ad some free form weights for those waiting
Rooms are nice and clean and I'd say staff make a special effort to be nice and friendly

• Stayed: October 2012
William T, Director of Operations at Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

DrNic1,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your experience at our hotel. We appreciate the feeback you have provided. I'm sorry to hear about the experience you had with the fitness center at the hotel. I'm very happy to read that our staff did a great job being hospitable during your stay. Thank you for your loyalty with Hilton!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have no idea why it's nearly impossible to get a good night's sleep in Phoenix. OK, maybe it's the industrial-level A/C needed to keep the rooms cool. Anyway, I've had zero luck, even with chains I like elsewhere. But I gave the Hilton Phoenix Chandler a try. I took other TAs' suggestions and avoided a room facing Air Products plant (it seemed quiet but I trust you guys). Well, the place was great. The room was quiet, the AC didn't bang on and off all night, and the bed was comfortable. Joanna at the front desk was pleasant and effective; when guests ask for a quiet room most staff in most hotels have no idea what they're doing because they don't sleep there. The hotel is RIGHT next to the freeway and just across from the massive Chandler Mall if you need anything. I can't vouch for other amenities, I was in and out for one night, check the other reviews. Great job to manager William Taylor and his team.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
William T, Director of Operations at Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Chuck L,

Thank you for submitting your review about your experience at the Hilton Chandler. It is great to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Let me say, this hotel is beatiful! The staff was great! I am going to talk about all the good things about this hotel.

- Front Desk: Bobby is wonderful! I recommended a wonderful restuarant to take my sweetheart to for his birthday as he joined me for one of the weekend's I was in Tempe. I stayed at this hotel from 12 days/11 nights.

- Shuttle Service: There were nights I was so darn tired I didn't want to drive and they will take you any to place in the area within five miles of the hotel free.

- Room Service - The Cobb Salad and Turkey Club are AMAZING! Loved the Mac and Cheese too!

- Location: Near the mall, great food and near the 101.

I only have a couple of griefs with this hotel

- Housekeeping: Was the absolute WORST ever at any Hilton property I have stayed at on the East or West coast. The first day I came in there were food debris on the floor and I was like ok may be this is an over site, next day was worse! They left their cleaning utensils in my room and dirty glasses. Even after the housekeeping manager apologized the horrible housekeeping service continued. After the third time I had enough and just decided to deal with it, but report it to my company's travel agency.

- Charging for local phone calls: Really? In this day and age? Major FAIL!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
William T, Director of Operations at Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for your review on September 1st. I am very sorry about the Housekeeping service breakdowns you experienced during your stay with us. We are committed to a very high standard of cleanliness and service. Though we failed to deliver on that commitment during your stay, our team will benefit greatly from the details you have provided. Our Leadership team will also review the current charge for local calls. It is great to see that there were some very positive aspects of your stay. I will be sure to give Bobby a big kudos on a job well done!

We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Please have confidence that our team will review this and make the necessary improvements.

William Taylor
Director of Operations

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I'm a business traveler and on this trip, I had one problem after another (lost luggage, 2 hour wait for rental car). When I got to the Hilton, the staff could not have been nicer! They even offered me a Starbucks, on the house.
The rooms are very comfortable, beds are great.

Room Tip: My room didn't have a bathtub; I don't know if you can request one with.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The hotel is newer and very clean and comfortable. The staff were all very friendly. Ordered room service for dinner and it was priced right and was very good. Had the tomato bisque soup and a spring mix salad with grilled chicken. I asked for a dinner roll and they provided at no extra charge. I also asked for ice water and they brought a bottle of cold water and a cup of ice, again at no charge. Wireless Internet was free, but maybe because I am a honors member, not sure. Location is fairly close to the airport, about a 20 minute drive. Shopping and restaurants are close but you need to drive to them. Great business location.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This was my first time at this hotel. It was very clean and the service was exceptional.
The pool was very clean and everyone was very friendly. I will definitely stay here again.
We ate in the restaurant - the breakfast buffet was wonderful, with lots to choose from.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center
Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa
Westin Phoenix Downtown
Westin Phoenix Downtown
#7 of 174 in Phoenix

Been to Hilton Phoenix Chandler? Share your experiences!