“Delicious Dinner”
Review of Roy's

Roy's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 676 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood, Hawaiian, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: N 54th Street
Transit: Bus stop at Ray Road & 54th Street
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Four of us ate at Roy's in Chandler, AZ in July 2014. I had received an e-mail for a special price for surf and turf (lobster and filet mignon) - two people in our party ordered this and it was delicious. I ordered the Butterfish which is a favorite of mine and this fish always melts in my mouth. The fourth person ordered ribeye steak and it was very good. This restaurant always bring edamame as an included appetizer which is a different type of appetizer but it is different and tasty - kind of like seeds that the suck out of a green bean. The surf and turf special included an appetizer and we ordered lobster potstickers which are always good. We shared a bottle of wine. For dessert, we ordered the chocolate lava cake which should be ordered when the entree is ordered as it takes 20 minutes to prepare. We have eaten at Roy's at different locations - this was our first time at Roy's in Chandler, AZ and the restaurant was full - we ate here on a Saturday evening and our reservation was 7pm. I had also received a $25 off coupon by email. Service was excellent and water glasses are filled. I made the reservation on line using Roy's website.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We have been enjoying meals at Roy's for many years. The service and food is always excellent. I love that each kid receives a plate w/ quesadilla wedges & fresh fruit/veggie slices shortly after sitting down. They also have the best kid menu in town; it has a variety of real food rather than just the typical tan food group.

We love going to Aloha hour. It is served 7 days a week and has a special menu. At just $6/item or drink, it is a very economical way to enjoy this great restaurant.

If the weather is nice, try sitting outside. There are tables and couches among the palm fronds and torches.

Of course, you should save room for dessert. Depending on the dessert, it may require extra prep time so ask to see the dessert menu when you order dinner.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Roy's is one of the best Pacific rim restaurants and this is one of the best. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu but try the Ono if they are serving, it's a great fish.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

My wife and I went to Roy's on the recommendation of a friend and she was spot on with her recommendation. This is an upscale restaurant with upscale food and the prices are moderately expensive but in keeping with the ambiance and the quality of the food and service.
We started off with the Canoe Appetizer for Two and both enjoyed it but my wife would have preferred it if the shrimps were hot instead of cold.

For the entree my wife had the Macadamia Crusted Mahi Mahi which was cooked to perfection and was absolutely delicious. My entree was Roy's Trio which was a mixed plate with Hibachie Grilled Salmon, Butterfish and Macadamia Crusted Mahi Mahi. All three were cooked to perfection and were delicious. The Butterfish was the stand out fish and is something I would recommend. I would confidently recommend any of the dishes we had but the Butterfish was my personal favorite.

With the ambience, friendly and efficient service and excellent food it is now firmly on my 'will visit again' list. Yes, it is a bit pricey but it is money well spent if you want a great dining experience.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were looking for an upscale restaurant in the Chandler area as my brother was flying in from Philadelphia area and thought of Roy's. I made last minute dinner reservations. Upon arrival at the restaurant, we were met by the hostess who directed us to our table. The menu is simple with a nice choice of entrees. My brother and I had fish, my husband had steak. We enjoyed a nice glass of wine with our meals. The fish and steak was cooked to perfection along with some vegetables and rice/potatoes. The price of the entrees are in the $20 + range. I would return again! Great place for a special meal with your special girl or guy!