“Phenom discovery!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Roy's

Roy's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 651 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Sushi, Polynesian, Hawaiian, Seafood, Asian, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: N 54th Street
Transit: Bus stop at Ray Road & 54th Street
Tempe, Arizona
“Phenom discovery!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Fave Happy Hour with culinary gems ~ Sushi, Sashimi, creative seafood dishes. We celebrated an occasion with traditional dining after cocktails, which was a wonderful sampler of seafood specialties and a sashimi entree. We plan on returning for Happy Hour Tapas and professionalism of staff.

• Visited July 2012

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Happy hour for a meal? YES!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

In town for a company affair, met a few friends for an after work "debriefing". It turns out we didn't even get to the regular menu. The happy hour specials are AWESOME! If you would like to have a very delicious meal that won't leave you too stuffed in the 110 plus degree heat, this is the place. They have a wide variety of appetizer, drink, and dinner items so everyone can have what they are craving.

Visited July 2012
Florence, Italy
“One of our favorite happy hour spots. Great 1988 martinis. Service always good, place is usually busy, friendly atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

We have been going to this Roys for several years for happy hour. Their signature 1988 cocktail is a favorite. They change the happy hour menu but several things remain the same. Great sliders and sweet potato fries. Great lava cake that you need to order ahead to avoid a wait for it to be prepared. Sit at the bar and ask for Ana, our favorite barista.
Had the mahi tacos which were fair, two sushi dishes that were a bit better, the great sliders and of course the lava cake and '88s. Always a go back.

Gilbert, Arizona
“Disappointing Choice in Chandler”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Just one word, disappointing ,,, The sushi appetizers were average; the entrees, while good, where nothing spectacular, and the service left much to be desired. I can accept the mediocre food; but the service was down right weird for a high-end restaurant. I arrived late, after the other 5 in my party had been seated. I ordered a Dirty Vodka Martini ... after 10 minutes the waiter returned to ask me if I wanted that "neat" ... duh dude. 10 minutes after that our pre-dinner drinks arrived. My second pre-dinner drink arrived after we were served dinner. I had also ordered a bottle of wine for the table. That arrived 5 minutes after our meals as well- there was simply no sense of continuity in the meal.

If this was Denny's ... I can understand the slip-shot service; but at $30 a plate, I at least expect to have my wine served with my meal.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Arizona_Explorer
Mesa, Arizona
“Great Food, Excellent Service and Good Ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

This is our second visit to Roy's Hawaiian Fusion Restaurant in Chandler and we thoroughly enjoyed both visits. Roy's is high-end dining so the pricing will be more than your traditional low-cost family style restaurants. What you do get for the price is Quality Food, Excellent Service and Good Ambiance.

On this latest visit, we ordered the Salt and Pepper Calamari appetizer. Well prepared and presented, and the taste was great. We have eaten Calamari at other restaurants and if it is not prepared well, can be somewhat tough and chewy. Roy's was the lightest tasting Calamari that we have ever tasted. With the diced macadamia nuts and minced peppers, this Appetizer was great tasting.

For the Entrees, I had ordered the Hawaiian Style Misoyaki Butterfish and my wife had orded the Pan Seared Trout. Both dishes were light tasting and well presented. The Butterfish entree comes with a sweet ginger Wasabi sauce around the side of the fish (not on top of the fish) so that I could use as much or little of the sauce as I want. Normally, straight Wasabi sauce is too strong for my taste, but the Waiter had assured me that this sauce is much lighter tasting. After trying the sweet ginger Wasabi sauce on the fish - it was great tasting with only a hint of the Wasabi coming through - not overpowering as it sometimes can be.

At the end of the meal, we had just enough room to share one of Roy's signature desserts - either the Chocolate Souffle or the Pineapple Upside Down Cake. You cannot go wrong with either of these choices.

Our experiences with Roy's Restaurant has been Excellent and we are sure to come back again!

• Visited June 2012