“Miss the chicken--love the shows!”

Rawhide Western Town & Event Center
Ranked #3 of 43 things to do in Chandler
More attraction details
Owner description: The whole family will enjoy this recreated 1880s Old West town that includes a haunted hotel, trampoline bunjee jumping, a mechanical bull plus staged gun fight shows.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Miss the chicken--love the shows!”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Not sure what to think of the comments that seem to be, in the words of Butch Cassidy, a "little short of brotherly love..."

Rawhide is an Arizona legend and offers a rare hands on cultural experience of the Wild West. Who cares if there is a zip line and a rock climbing tower. They also serve bottled water and if you are really concerned with complete authenticity, good luck finding the nearest well or finding a stream nearby.

The excitement over the dancing chicken was one of the highlights of childhood. The dancing chicken is gone (I'm assuming what we thought was rare talent in an animal was probably a pretty traumatized bird...)

I visited with my two young children last month. The dancing chicken is no more...but the Rough Riders show provided great entertainment and is a fantastic addition to this western experience.

I'm sure we will be back many times!

2 Thank AAF602505

Cave Creek, Arizona
“Fun For Everyone!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Rawhide has been and always will be a great place for everyone in the family to enjoy. The food, activities and especially the 6 Gun Theatre and the AZ Rough Riders! Thanks for always putting on a great show and making this a must see and place to visit! Thanks!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Scott B
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lot's of birthday fun at Rawhide!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I decided to spend my birthday with my friends at Rawhide. We had dinner at the steakhouse and it was delicious. During dinner, we were pleasantly entertained by a magician and the live band got the entire restaurant to sing happy birthday to me! Afterward, we walked around and took photos together with the town props. Then we ended our night with the dynamic stunt show that was fun for the whole group! Everyone at Rawhide made my night awesome!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Coolmist184
Crown Point, Indiana
“Wild West Vacation”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

"Rawhide Western Town" is a perfect place to visit for western and stunt show enthusiasts like myself. This tourist attraction provides a unique opportunity to experience the wild west of yesteryear with cowboys, shootouts, fist fights, high falls, etc. The skilled/trained stuntmen of Rawhide are dedicated professionals that provide great entertainment for the entire family. While walking down mainstreet, either going to or coming from the Six Gun Theatre, there are neat souvenere shops to visit, a great stakehouse for dining, mechanical bull ride, petting zoo, blacksmith shop, and other attractions. Whenever I am visiting relatives in Glendale, Arizona, I always include Rawhide on my to do list of places to see. "It is an awesome and funfilled experience and truly is one of my favorite places to be".

Visited October 2013
1 Thank jbb1213
“A True Arizona Gem”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I've grown up going to rawhide. I remember attending as a kid, teen, and now adult taking my own children. We went to check out the new location and the kids loved it. We especially enjoyed the Arizona Rough Riders western show. My kids were very entertained and we loved that they incorporated some humor into their act. Of course it's not oscar worthy but it's pretty entertaining and the kids loved it. They kept the audience involved and engaged. Definitely will go again!

Visited April 2014