“Needs some work”

Rawhide Western Town & Event Center
Ranked #4 of 44 things to do in Chandler
More attraction details
Owner description: The whole family will enjoy this recreated 1880s Old West town that includes a haunted hotel, trampoline bunjee jumping, a mechanical bull plus staged gun fight shows.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I know it was the off season but it was a Saturday afternoon when we arrived. The place was pretty run down and not in a nostalgic way. Some of the attractions were broken or closed (mechanical bull for one) and there weren't more than 200 people there. The centerpiece of the whole place were the hourly "gunfights" which were cute. We had paid in advance for the sunset cookout or we might have left. The cookout was OK but overpriced in my mind.$50 each for adults to eat mediocre barbeque or steaks and listen to a mediorce country band was a bit much to me. I guess it's the times but this place needs an infusion of capital or it will be gone soon. There is at least one other Wild West set up in Phoenix and I would take my chances on it if I were doing it again.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was a lot of fun though it seemed a little quiet on a weekday. The restaurant (Steakhouse) was surprisingly good. We skipped the gun show (main attraction?) 'cause my daughter was not going to enjoy all the gunfire. She did get a ride on a burro that she will long remember. Once you enter, you'll want to think about how you're going to spend your time. Maybe grab dinner right away? If you're going to go to the show or participate in an "attraction" (i.e. mule ride, hayride, gold panning, etc.) you need to buy tickets or a wristband at the general store.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We visited in May 2012, because of de comments our expectations were a little to high so it seems. There were hardly any visitors, just a few shops and the crew looked bored.... The show we loved was the one with the rescued animals!! After a quick walk trough the rest of the place we decided to take the next shuttle back to our hotel. Probably when you have kids and more visitors, it is a great place to visit.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The whole family LOVED this-- grandparents, parents and kids (3 &6 yr olds) a like. Not only was the place awesome but the people/staff were, too-- and that is what really makes the place. The blacksmith, the sheriff and the Arizona Rough Riders were our favorite people/places.

My only suggestions would be to 1) improve the old-time photo shop. I really wanted to do the old-time photos but that shop lacked information and timeliness. By that I mean that it took the staff over 10 minutes to approach us at all (to say hi or anything), and when they finally did we were told it would be another 10+ minutes before we could be helped... we finally decided we didn't want to waste any more precious time there. They were nice enough but lacked motivation in getting us to purchase at $30+ photo. And 2) make it more apparent where in the town to get attraction tickets.

There was so much to do in the town, though, that we weren't without other options. In fact, we didn't get everything done that we wanted to! We ended up eating at the hamburger/hotdog "stand" (which was great)-- can't wait to try the steakhouse next time! The kids are already asking to go back.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We visited here on March 10th 2013. We had an excellent time. The cowboys in character walk the streets. They have gunfight shows. Several different ones. We watched 2 of them. They will speak to you on the street and stay in character.
There is a magic show, a bull (mechanical) to ride, a stage coach, a train, climbing wall and other things to do. There are several stores that look like they are from the old West. There is also a Steakhouse. It serves some good food.

1  Thank Shirley W