“The Old West Indeed”

Rawhide Western Town & Event Center
Ranked #3 of 43 things to do in Chandler
More attraction details
Owner description: The whole family will enjoy this recreated 1880s Old West town that includes a haunted hotel, trampoline bunjee jumping, a mechanical bull plus staged gun fight shows.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The Old West Indeed”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I visited the Rawhide when it was in Scottsdale. The look of authentic west made it most pleasing. If friends came to town it would be a great place to take them for a taste of the old west.

27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Cowboy poetry, Mounted Cowboy Shooters and other fun stuff”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had such a fun time here. We went to hear the old cowboy poetry which was given by both men and women. It even kept my young daughter's interest. We watched the Cowboy Mounted Shooters perform and enjoyed the authentic clothes they all were wearing (1800's period). Also saw how the chuckwagen looked and the openfire cooking with iron skillets. We were taken back to the 1800's vis Rawhide Wild Horse Pass.

seattle
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Cute place for Kids”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is a Western town. For $15.00 you can ride the stage coach pulled by their overworked mules and only 6 people can fit in the stage coach so there is a wait. You can climb the rock wall. Your kids or g-kids under 90 lbs. can ride the donkey. You can attend the shoot out shows. the train was closed for repair. You can pan for fools gold or should I say fake gold. The nice thing about this attraction is you can enter the town for free. There is a blacksmith - I bought my g-son a horseshoe engraved for above his room - reasonable $15.00. You can buy smore packs and roast $3.00. My daughter and I wanted the old time photo. You have to sign your name to the waiting list there were two people before us and we were told it would be an hour. An hour later we came back and the same names still were not done. So do not bother with the photos get it done at the fair as the girls are too busy talking about their own daily lives to care about the guests. I must say I did pay the ten bucks to arrest my g-son. the best ten bucks ever spent. he has not been listening to his mother so after a show the Sheriff came and arrested him in a very professional way fit for a four year old - it scared him silly - He has been perfect ever since - woo hoo............. You get a certificate and a great photo for the ten bucks can't beat that. All in all a great place for the young............

Tip: Parents skip buying the bracelet just buy it for your children the shows are 5 bucks see one show skip the stage coach...................

Phoenix, Arizona
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fun Place!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This small old west town is very entertaining. I enjoyed watching the cowboy actors. They were realistic. They have fun activities for people of all ages like bull riding, stage coach riding, you can go on a burro ride, rock climbing, and others. The food in the restaurant was really good and reasonably priced ( I fell in love with their hamburger!). It is a cool place to go and the fee is minimal.

Calgary, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Rawhide”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

What a cool facility! There is a restaurant, bar, bull riding and shopping. It is the best of Phoenix culture and history in one facility. We had a very good time visiting. Too bad it rained or we would have rode the bull.