“Calling all cowboys”

Rawhide Western Town & Event Center
Ranked #3 of 43 things to do in Chandler
More attraction details
Owner description: The whole family will enjoy this recreated 1880s Old West town that includes a haunted hotel, trampoline bunjee jumping, a mechanical bull plus staged gun fight shows.
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I just made our first trip out West. What would a trip out West be without riding a horse or seeing an old fashioned gun fight like you see in the movies? After doing a little searching, I found out about Rawhide which had all of this and more.

I went on-line and scheduled a horseback ride and a meal at the steak house. We had a great horseback ride in the Sonoran Desert with our wonderful guide, Chuck. He was so friendly and took time to answer our questions.

After the ride, we returned and had a nice meal at the steak house. The food was very good and the staff was too. We enjoyed listening to the live music while we ate.

We then took in the rest of the old West town. It looked like a movie set. We went panning for gold, went for a stagecoach ride, and took in the gun fighting shows. We found our way to the ice cream shop, the jail, and ended the evening making a great old time photo.

This is a wonderful way to spend an evening that will allow you to tap into your inner cowboy.

1  Thank Paulette A
There are newer reviews for Rawhide Western Town & Event Center

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I took my family here on the advice of others. We were not disappointed. There is an excellent steak house on site with cowboy music whilst you eat, and the opportunity to have a dance also. The food was excellent too with a great variety of choice. The setting is of a cowboy town with a dirt laid main street where real cowboys parade up and down entertaining you with shoot outs. My grandson was arrested on request for a nominal fee of $10. They locked him up in a fake cell and they put him in front of a judge who sentenced him to run around outside shouting out something wierd for the entartainment of the people on the main street. There are lots to see and do and you really do get the feeling you are in a cowboy town. There is an organised gun fight which is a must see too and a riding bucking bronco. All in all a great night out and it's free entry too. This place only opens 4 nights a week from 5pm so if you plan on visiting it you would be best to check out the web site first, you won't be disappointed

Reviewed September 23, 2012

When I first moved to Arizona from California, my kids were very disappointed in not being able to visit Disneyland and Universal Studios on a regular basis. At the time, I was living in Scottsdale, and that's where Rawhide was located too at the time. We bought an annual family pass and spent many a weekend getting into the feel of the wild, wild west.

Now that I live in Chandler, Rawhide moved here too and that is a treat. It's a great way to get away from the hustle bustle of work and put yourself into an alternate reality where live is simpler and there are fun things to do.

There's a great steak house for you to enjoy and they have an Arizona band, named Airzona there to entertain you several nights during the week. I'd love to see Carson playing there, but that I'm hoping will come because then I would have a reason to go there 3-4 times per week.

I also would like to see Karaoke at Rawhide, which would give me a reason to pitch a tent in town and just live there. Seriously, regardless of whether you have kids or not, Rawhide is worth a visit. Take the time to get an old time photo taken or have your spouse arrested and hanged for over-shoppin." Either way, you are in for a treat! Enjoy!

1  Thank ikhanwife
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Family enjoyed it. Made for a nice evening activity close to the hotel. Sadly the Steam train was out of service, but the hourly gun fight shows are not to be missed.

2  Thank MTACCHI
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We spent a few hours at Rawhide last week with our children, 7 and 9 year old. They loved it. The mule rides and rock climbing. My daughter loved the coach ride. My son really enjoyed the shoot-out. They people were very friendly. The price was great as they have a special until the end of September. We went to the resturant for dinner. I have to say it was probably the best steak I have ever eaten at a resturant. It was cooked just right and the seasoning was amazing. I would definitely go back and I highly recommend.

1  Thank Ludc1