“just a place to rest your head en route”

Days Inn Chambers AZ
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chambers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Grand Prairie, Texas
Reviewed September 27, 2012

After a long days of traveling like fourteen hours and stopping in Gallup to try and find a room, to my astonishment only one motel had any opening and they wanted and outrageous price for a ridiculous room. I was relieved to stop at the Days Inn at Chambers AZ to be informed that they had a vacancy. The beds were new and the rooms looked recently renovated. It had a comfortable feel and was clean. Overall I rate it as a good place to stay with a complimentary breakfast in the morning but if you don't like the choices available there is a restaurant located next door with a wonderful selection.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Anthony T
New York City
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We ate here only because we were starving and there was nothing else around for miles and miles except for the gas station next door (the fabled Apple Dumpling is long gone!). At least this place gave us a memorable experience, straight out of a Hollywood movie. The restaurant appears to have no actual name -- it just exists. We were the only people there, even though it was dinner time and the restaurant is connected to the motel. The ripped and wrinkled menu was xeroxed, so sadly, on regular 8.5x11 paper and stapled -- first time in my life I've ever seen that. We all ordered burgers, which seemed a safe bet. They didn't have soup, but they let us buy a can at the gas station next door and they heated it up for us, which was actually nice (and is why I give them two stars instead of one). The women's restroom was missing toilet paper, and the men's room had nothing to dry hands on. The prices were surprisingly high. We ate and left as fast as we could.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Barstow, California
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is a horrible hotel. The room was filthy. There were stains everywhere in the room, the cord to the lamp was cut. The tub would not drain and the bottom of the shower curtain was black. My daughter cut her leg while showering, and when I asked to get one more towel becuase they only gave us two and there are three of us, the maid stated "we don't do laundry everyday and dont have any to give you". We stayed on a thursday night so I found it hard to belive it was a busy enough day to not have extra towels. Just all in all horrible hotel and managment.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Meghann G
Colorado
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My wife and I planned to stay here on our way from Canyon de Chile to the Petrified Forest. It seemed like a perfect mid-point on the drive and so we booked our room in advance. When we got to the Days Inn our excitement for having a hotel (we were camping the previous 5 days...) dropped significantly. The nearby restaurants had all closed (closest place was 30+ miles away!), so we held off on eating and checked into our room. When we got into our room it was ridiculously bad.

* The Hotel pool was all boarded up.
* There was a spot in the room for a smoke detector, but no smoke detector. There were just wires coming out of the wall.
* The room was insanely small. Basically the size of a double bed plus 2 feet on each side.
* There was black electrical tape on the bathtub faucet trying to keep it from leaking.
* The wallpaper in the bathroom / sink area was peeled or peeling off.
* We went to go grab a snack from the vending machine and the only thing in the vending machine was candy tamales. The room was full of ants.

We got our stuff settled and decided to go find something to eat. As we were getting into our car a women in the car near to us was unloading her car. She dropped a box and about 30 "perscription" looking pill containers dropped out. She made some strange comment about being sick, but looked more like a drug dealer or druggie to me. We got in our car and started driving away. As we pulled away both my wife and I decided that the drugs were the last straw and we went back to our room to get our stuff and leave. The room/hotel was so bad we were willing to lose the $60 we paid for the room. On the bright side, we called the Days Inn Corporate to complain and ended up getting a refund.

Avoid this place! Go to the Travelodge in Holbrook, AZ. It is way better and the owner is super accommodating!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank costu
Chambers, AZ
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I was stranded in Chambers AZ, the manager Mukesh and all of the staff were extremely kind and helpful when it came to my unique situation. They helped in what ever ways possiple, they were flexible and trust worthy. They were kind, pleasant and smiles every day which really makes a difference when in a difficult situation...I will always be so grateful to have found them! Besides the kind and friendly staff and environment, the rooms seemed clean, the beds were comfortable, I was very pleased with my stay at the Chambers Days Inn and will come again! Thank you everyone at the Chambers Days Inn!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Chambers AZ? Share your experiences!