“Full Service Breakfast Diner”

Oak's Diner & Flapjacks
Ranked #24 of 78 Restaurants in Cave Creek
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
toledo, oh
“Full Service Breakfast Diner”
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Been going to Oaks for years and they still have some of the same hard working wait staff.
Simply put, this is a basic comfort food good portioned diner.
Consistent with the feel of Cave Creek, no phoniness here, just good food.
My favorites are the Cave Creek omelette
With avocado and bacon and the buckwheat pancakes.
The coffee is always hot.
Nice place to start your day.
Enjoy!

California
“Basic Breakfast Place”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you're looking for a good basic no-frills breakfast, and you're in Cave Creek, hunt this place out - it's behind te Document House, and give it a whirl. Nothing fancy, but perfectly adequate. decor is in ned of some updating and help.

Visited October 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Don't Bother to Eat Here”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The weather is getting so nice here in Phoenix that I thought I would take my wife out for a patio breakfast. I read in the Phoenix Magazine that Oak Diner and Flapjacks was a good place to go, so off we went. It is difficult to find because its sign is on a building next to where the diner actually is. We did not sit inside, so I don't know what that was like. The patio was dirty and the tables were plastic and worn. The service was slow, but the waitress was nice. The coffee is awful. We could see through the pot; it looked like weak tea or that they had used the coffee grounds twice. We waited 20 minutes for their signature apple-cinnemon flapjack. It was tasteless. It wasn't bad, it just had no flavor even when I doused it with the weak maple syrup they had. We did not enjoy this experience.

• Visited October 2012
Cave Creek, Arizona
“Breakfast....ehh”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Great people here and great service, but out of 3 visits the food just does not do it for me. If you love the high carb breakfast then hit this place hard, if you like exotic bacon and sausage then keep on driving. If they simply added a thick cut bacon that would be enough crack for me to be loyal. Give them a try but know there is better....

Visited October 2012
Carefree, Arizona
“Fair price, good breakfast”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife and I went with an adult son for late breakfast. The food was fine -- about what you'd expect in a roadhouse atmosphere. Prices were fair. Not sure why, but we haven't gone back. Guess it just leave a lasting impression of wanting to go back.

Visited May 2012