“Rude, confrontational, owner? yelled and screamed obscenities at me.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cave Creek
Cave Creek Tumbleweed Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cave Creek
Phoenix
“Rude, confrontational, owner? yelled and screamed obscenities at me.”
Reviewed September 16, 2007

The room was HOT, the A/C barely worked. Drapes were sagging due to the fact that there were not enough hooks to keep them on the rods. Do not expect privacy when you stay at this place. The person in charge watches everything and if there is anything that she does not comprehend, she is very quick to call your room, disrupt your stay and question you about anything in a not nice way. I am not sure if I dealt with the owner or just a manager, but she did not conduct herself professionally. She yelled and screamed, with many obscenities thrown in there for good measure. They were times when I felt physically threatened.. Go onto to the next place, or if you cant, sleep in your car, rather than sleep here. Just a little side note. We got a room at the Carefree spa and resort down the street. Same price, MUCH BETTER SERVICE, MUCH BETTER ROOM!!!

• Liked — The refund that I received when I left!
  • Disliked — The owner/managerwho screamed and yelled obscenities at me.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank candy_rg7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
No home port
Reviewed August 18, 2007

I can see that I am not alone in my experience. Room was hot, no ice, no HBO as advertised and little or no hospitality. It was August in Arizona and my auto had broken and I left it at the shop and took a room in the closest establishment. I was ripped off by the auto repair shop and by the Tumbleweed. The only good experience in the whole affair was the food and drink at the establishment next door called Crazy Ed's Satisfied Frog.

• Liked — It had a bed
  • Disliked — Customer Service
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank OldRoamer
Tampa Bay Area
Reviewed January 18, 2007

The marquis read "luxury western rooms" and even though we doubted that, we weren't ready for what we got. The room was stripped down and basic, but comfortable. The problem was the paper-thin walls and the locals who rented the room next door for the night to PARTY. They partied until 8:00 in the morning. Problem is that the hotel is so small that the desk closes at 10:00 p.m. When we complained in the morning, as other people did as well, the owner was extemely rude and said that, more or less, it wasn't her problem and we should have called the police. The next day a prescription bottle with my husband's meds was taken from our room. I complained and after an attempt to find it in the trash, they told us to go to Walgreens and get more pills. We asked for some sort of a credit, but got no where. It may be the only hotel in town...but I would look for another town before I would ever stay there again!!

Stayed January 2007
4 Thank GatorFans
minnesota
Reviewed March 9, 2006

It was a large room, small bathroom, very dark, had to leave outside door open to see clothes in suitcases. Seemed clean, but again it was to dark to see. Location was close to small town shops and resturants. Expensive for what you get, compared to others in the Phoenix area

• Stayed March 2006
2 Thank marcyp52
Millersville, MD
Reviewed January 29, 2006

The Tumbleweed was our favorite hotel from our whole trip out west. I strongly recommend it to families and regular folks who prefer local flavor and old-school feel to fancy spas and European styling. The Tumbleweed has an Old West theme, and it is carried out very well, fun but not tacky. A few saguaro cactuses and benches made from wagon wheels are outside the rooms, and two huge arrows (much like the famed Twin Arrows from Route 66) are next to the lobby. Our room was huge and was decorated with a few cowboy items. It was very clean and very nice. The location couldn't be better -- Crazy Ed's Satisfied Frog and other Cave Creek restaurants and shops are right next to the hotel. Overall, a great place to spend a night.

• Stayed January 2006
2 Thank Gatordaddy
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 17, 2006

Had to stay here for the night in Cave Creek. I thought it had some mild charm and the decor was intersting. The rooms were nice but there was no ice in the machine and all they have is a Coke vending machine in which all was sold out. They need better machines with a selection and they need ice!
Give me La Quinta any day.

• Stayed January 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 30, 2005

My husband and I decided to stay at this hotel because we needed to be near Cave Creek, and because the reviews on internet were good. We were shocked and disgusted by the quality of our room, especially since we paid their top price in order to get what the rep on the phone said was their best and largest suite. It did have a complete kitchen, sitting room and large bedroom, but the furniture was all old, ugly and uncomfortable. Half the bulbs in the lights were burnt out, and mgmt never got around to replacing them even though we reported problem at once. The rooms were very dark and worst of all there were bugs Everywhere - crawling, flying, walking up the walls, etc. The bed was very old, lumpy and smelled like mold. Bathroom was dirty with broken toilet that ran all night. We were especially upset at paying $200 per night for this dump when we moved to the 4.5 star Copperwynd Resort in Fountain Hills three days later and were charged the exact same rate there for a large luxurious bedroom with immaculate service, marble bathroom with expensive toiletries, and balcony with gorgeous views of Valley. I suppose the Tumbleweed charges so much because they can, but there was no excuse for the filthy rooms and the horrible furniture.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
Desert Ridge
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Phoenix North - Scottsdale
Rancho Manana Resort
#1 of 3 in Cave Creek

Been to Cave Creek Tumbleweed Hotel? Share your experiences!