“Western Ambiance at its Best”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cave Creek
Cave Creek Tumbleweed Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cave Creek
Arizona
“Western Ambiance at its Best”
Reviewed June 21, 2008

Location perfect, everything within walking distance.
Rooms are darling. Western decor is a great reflection of where you are. Finally something more than the ordinary..

• Liked — Western Atmosphere and Location
  • Disliked — No wireless internet
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Reb2Gar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
keene
Reviewed March 28, 2008

Excuse me. This hotel is; unsafe, unkept, has a rude and unaccomodating staff. The building is goingto burn furiously when the fire does start. There is nothing inviting about bugs, spiders, smelly disinfectant and stained bedding. Thereis nothing cute about mold, dirty showers and a lack of maintenance and care. The parking lot is not properly illuminated and lends itself to muggings and atatcks from the shadows. There is no way anyone who cares for themselves, their family, their mother or the gift of life they have been given should stay here ever.

Stayed March 2008
3 Thank safetyman7459575
San Ramon, California
Reviewed February 4, 2008

I booked a room via phone on 2-2-08. The hotel clerk stated that the lobby hours were only from 3pm to 10pm so I would need to check in by 10pm.

I arrived there at 9:45pm after calling twice at 9:20 & 9:30pm to let them know I was on the way. I got no answer to the phone calls and when I arrived there the lobby was closed, locked and dark. The sign on the doors said the lobby was open from 3pm-10pm. I called and left a voicemail message describing my disappointment since there was no other means of contacting a staff member. I ended up having to find a room in Scottsdale, which was no easy task since it was SuperBowl day there along with a PGA tour event.

The next day when I called them again the clerk said the night clerk closed up the lobby at 4pm and must have not alerted the guests who were not already registered.

Needless to say, I was extremely upset and they offered no compensation for my distress or relocation to another hotel. There was no sorry, no General Manager call-back, or apology offered.

My advice to travelers booking a room there, don't do it. There is no night clerk, no emergency numbers listed, and no way to get a hold of an employee after hours for any reason.

• Liked — I cant say, the clerk went home and I couldn't get my room
  • Disliked — The lack of a front counter clerk to register paying guests during the times they are supposed to be open!
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank mosier116
phoenix
Reviewed November 27, 2007

Excited for a get-away and paid extra for the delux suite, upon arriving and seeing the rooms~ i felt swindled! Had a kitchenette but no cups, silverware, plates.... was old but had new cabnets.... just not much was put into the place.

Was looking forward to the pool, but alas the pool was dirty and
old and lacking in clean table and chairs.

I LOVE Cavecreek~ but would recommend others to look
further for another hotel, even if they have to drive far. It was not worth the money.

Stayed October 2007
3 Thank womanone
Phoenix
Reviewed September 16, 2007

The room was HOT, the A/C barely worked. Drapes were sagging due to the fact that there were not enough hooks to keep them on the rods. Do not expect privacy when you stay at this place. The person in charge watches everything and if there is anything that she does not comprehend, she is very quick to call your room, disrupt your stay and question you about anything in a not nice way. I am not sure if I dealt with the owner or just a manager, but she did not conduct herself professionally. She yelled and screamed, with many obscenities thrown in there for good measure. They were times when I felt physically threatened.. Go onto to the next place, or if you cant, sleep in your car, rather than sleep here. Just a little side note. We got a room at the Carefree spa and resort down the street. Same price, MUCH BETTER SERVICE, MUCH BETTER ROOM!!!

• Liked — The refund that I received when I left!
  • Disliked — The owner/managerwho screamed and yelled obscenities at me.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank candy_rg7
No home port
Reviewed August 18, 2007

I can see that I am not alone in my experience. Room was hot, no ice, no HBO as advertised and little or no hospitality. It was August in Arizona and my auto had broken and I left it at the shop and took a room in the closest establishment. I was ripped off by the auto repair shop and by the Tumbleweed. The only good experience in the whole affair was the food and drink at the establishment next door called Crazy Ed's Satisfied Frog.

• Liked — It had a bed
  • Disliked — Customer Service
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
3 Thank OldRoamer
Tampa Bay Area
Reviewed January 18, 2007

The marquis read "luxury western rooms" and even though we doubted that, we weren't ready for what we got. The room was stripped down and basic, but comfortable. The problem was the paper-thin walls and the locals who rented the room next door for the night to PARTY. They partied until 8:00 in the morning. Problem is that the hotel is so small that the desk closes at 10:00 p.m. When we complained in the morning, as other people did as well, the owner was extemely rude and said that, more or less, it wasn't her problem and we should have called the police. The next day a prescription bottle with my husband's meds was taken from our room. I complained and after an attempt to find it in the trash, they told us to go to Walgreens and get more pills. We asked for some sort of a credit, but got no where. It may be the only hotel in town...but I would look for another town before I would ever stay there again!!

Stayed January 2007
Desert Ridge
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Phoenix North - Scottsdale
Rancho Manana Resort
#1 of 3 in Cave Creek

Been to Cave Creek Tumbleweed Hotel? Share your experiences!