“Excellent Location, Extremely Pleasant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cave Creek Tumbleweed Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cave Creek
Cave Creek Tumbleweed Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cave Creek
Lebanon
“Excellent Location, Extremely Pleasant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

My wife and I booked a Casita for the week of April 14- 21, 2012. We were very comfortable there. Hiking, Biking and horseback riding trails are all within a short walk. Since we were downtown Cave Creek. All of the restaurants, taverns and the Buffalo Chip were also within a short walk. We were able to use this facility to plan an overnight at the Grand Canyon West. We walked the famous Skywalk and spent a night with the Hualapai. I have read the negative reviews here and feel that if you are looking for a resort or a hotel on the level of a Hyatt, this is not it. Nor is it intended to be. You see the owners everyday and they are very courtious and want to do anything for you. This is a down-home good place to stay and convenient to everything while being far enough from Pheonix to be comfortable. Rustic, old-world charm. I hope it stays that way.

Room Tip: If you are planning a stay with more than One person, book a Casita. Well worth the extra $$
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike R
Arizonastyle, General Manager at Cave Creek Tumbleweed Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Thank you so much for writing such a nice review. We are happy that you had an enjoyable stay and a great time in Cave Creek. You are welcome back anytime :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

I cannot tell you how amazing the staff at the tumbleweed hotel is. When I arrived 3 hours before check in the employee cleaning the rooms asked me my name and then immediately left the room she was currently cleaning to clean ours so we could get into the room early! When I checked in they mentioned if I needed a late check out it was no problem and even offered to call a shuttle for me to take to the wedding I was in town for. I will never go anywhere else if I am near the tumbleweed. The bed was very comfortable and the room was nice and cool, in the middle of the AZ heat. You can get a decent comfortable bed anywhere though, the service was what made this hotel memorable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jason D
We are pleased you had a good stay and will continue to provide the best customer service we can! Thanks again for your kind words and we hope to see you in the future.
Palos Park, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

My wife and I have been coming to the Cavecreek Tumbleweed hotel for 25 years, This was another great time. We stayed in the newly remodeled Casitas and were very pleased. The living room and kitchen were spacious and the King sized bed was confortable. We enjoyed the patio with a fire pit as well. The new staff was very acccomodating and readily available. We as always enjoyed our stay and will be back this fall and again next spring.

Room Tip: If staying a few days I would recomend a romm with Microwwave & Frig.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul O
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Very overpriced for mediocre rooms. Service is basically non existent. We needed to call several times daily for cleAn towels and toilet paper. No in room coffee makers. Lobby hours were very inconviant.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank risingDTranch
Flagstaff, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

Staying here for two nights. First night planned and second not. Great location and friendly staff, yet some key points missing here. The first night was alright room is okay for price but lacking ammenities for it. Poor quality soap/shampoo not enough for the price. Only a half roll of T.P. for two people and 24 hours, maybe but it would be nice to have some spare squares. Second day, no coffe/tea services and with weather very severe in Flagstaff I had to stay another night. Same rate for a Monday however with only one person? I had to ask for additional T.P. and get it myself. No housekeeping as I was told and for extended lengths there is no water. Hot water is still up in the air??? I was offered complimentary bottled water for hand washing and a late check out. What good is this when the toilet needs to be flushed and I want to get out as soon as possible? With no maid service I took the trash out my self and hope that I can at least get a hot shower before tomorrow. Very Disappointed! Will not come back. Oh yeah check-in was friendly and earlier than expected. I've stayed at campsites that offer more.

Room Tip: Basic is basic if you would like a fridge/coffe maker
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ashley D
Arizonastyle, Manager at Cave Creek Tumbleweed Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
We appreciate your constructive feedback and having taken your time to write a review for our hotel. Unfortunately, that particular evening we were having some plumbing worked on which is the reason the water was not working well in some of our rooms. We did our best to be as accommodating as possible by offering early check in and late check out, for which we normally would have charged. We are sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay with us and now that everything is fixed and working properly can assure this will not occur in the future with any guests.
maine usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

We wanted to get out of the city on our first night, before heading to Sedona. This place is not fancy but you know you are in the West. I loved the S.W. feel of the place and the funky town of Cave Creek. Don't stay here if you need the feel of a resort or chain hotel to be comfortable. Do stay here if you want to feel like you are in Arizona.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

This place is a dump when I saw my room I asked for my money back,
Manager said " you already paid your not getting you money back"
The room hasn't been up dated since the 70s the shower is either stained or dirty. The bed spread had cigarette burns in it. The bed had no mattress pad. The pillows were so worn they were flat.
They call this a western motif. $479 for 4 nights for a room I didn't stay in.

• Stayed January 2012
Desert Ridge
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Phoenix North - Scottsdale
Rancho Manana Resort
#1 of 2 in Cave Creek

Been to Cave Creek Tumbleweed Hotel? Share your experiences!